Movenpick Hotel Doha(Doha)(Great Value!)
$61
$370
$358
Cancelon
  • Pool
All reviewsmuseum of islamic artsouq waqifkings gatekitchen area with fridgeboxed breakfastwithin walking distancebus stational cornicheexecutive suitecentral locationmajor attractionscity viewthe hotel is cleansteam bathstopover hotelup to dateour room was spacious
Reviewed November 20, 2012

The Hotel is modern and has wifi throughout the building.
The room are of correct size and mine has a kitchnette with a microwave and a fridge.
The hotel is missing a car park but there is an empty piece of land opposite from the entrance and I managed to squeeze my car in there every night. Parking may be challenging otherwise.
Souq Waqif is within walking distance from the hotel as well as the Museum of Islamic Art.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Good day, i shocked when i saw there is no parking for the hotel i park my car and i know its wrong side of way but it seems everyone did that , first the reception smiley and friendly but very slow and although i cam late to the check in time wish is 14:00 and cam at 17:00 but my room not ready i waited for about 6 min. then when i take the key and go i found a very small room and the most thing get me angry that they have very small bed it is not enough for couple to sleep on when i complain about it and that is not a king bed it is a single bed they say this our bed and the pic in the website only for suite !! it shock me but i will never come back for this ho

Room Tip: only think of suite if you want to take a room as couple otherwise it will smother you .
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Switches are far from bed. You have to get out from bed to switch off the lights. No extra plugs for charging the laptop or mobile. I have adjusted by unplugging the Microwave wire. Single bed was given not sure why ?. however the bed was comfortable. Clean and nice. Front desk staff was very good.

Room Tip: Always ask for a double bed. City view suite is good. Check whether any rooms are available where you get charging option near bed and also don't have to get off from bed to switch off the lights
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I got booking though my company for 3 months in Kingsgate hotel Doha, it was a wonderful stay, Front desk staff was very helpful and the restaurant as well, the rooms having kitchenette which made my stay easy, in the room available microwave small fridge and water kettle plus the kitchen cutleries which help me a lot, the room always clean and the staff very professional, Gym is medium size but very good, security 24 hours available which made me stay more secure. Walking distance from the hotel to souk waqif the famous place in Qatar. For sure if I will be back to Doha I will book Kingsgate hotel.

Room Tip: Hotel rooms very good and having kitchenette even for the short stay it will be wonderful.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank George A
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I booked in as a single traveller and was given a room with a single bed, which is not my preference. The room is ok in size, with plenty of cupboards, but had ugly water marks on the walls. They only provided a bath towel and a hand towel - no floor towel, so I slipped when getting out of the bath and injured my knee. The shower pipe was loose from the wall fittings.
I called reception repeatedly but got no answer so had to go down to ask for the wifi password. Internet connection is frustrating as I had to repeatedly log in on my phone.
The gym is fair, as is the steam room and sauna, but the indoor pool is nothing more than a square of water. There were no attendants at 9:30 am so I had no towel.
The breakfast was reasonable but the service not wonderful. I asked for coffee, but the waitress decided that clearing tables was more important so I ended up getting my own from behind the counter. One guest was smoking in the small dining room and his smoke was wafting into other guests' faces, making them clearly uncomfortable. I found this disgusting. I went to reception with the intention of complaining but the sole receptionist was so busy with people checking in that I gave up.
Parking is a huge problem.
In the end, only the facilities almost make it worth the price.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo