Movenpick Hotel Doha(Doha)(Great Value!)
$62
Hyatt.com
$122
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmuseum of islamic artsouq waqifkings gatekitchen area with fridgeboxed breakfastwithin walking distancebus stational cornicheexecutive suitecentral locationmajor attractionscity viewthe hotel is cleansteam bathstopover hotelup to dateour room was spacious
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Switches are far from bed. You have to get out from bed to switch off the lights. No extra plugs for charging the laptop or mobile. I have adjusted by unplugging the Microwave wire. Single bed was given not sure why ?. however the bed was comfortable. Clean and nice. Front desk staff was very good.

Room Tip: Always ask for a double bed. City view suite is good. Check whether any rooms are available where you get charging option near bed and also don't have to get off from bed to switch off the lights
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I got booking though my company for 3 months in Kingsgate hotel Doha, it was a wonderful stay, Front desk staff was very helpful and the restaurant as well, the rooms having kitchenette which made my stay easy, in the room available microwave small fridge and water kettle plus the kitchen cutleries which help me a lot, the room always clean and the staff very professional, Gym is medium size but very good, security 24 hours available which made me stay more secure. Walking distance from the hotel to souk waqif the famous place in Qatar. For sure if I will be back to Doha I will book Kingsgate hotel.

Room Tip: Hotel rooms very good and having kitchenette even for the short stay it will be wonderful.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank George A
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I booked in as a single traveller and was given a room with a single bed, which is not my preference. The room is ok in size, with plenty of cupboards, but had ugly water marks on the walls. They only provided a bath towel and a hand towel - no floor towel, so I slipped when getting out of the bath and injured my knee. The shower pipe was loose from the wall fittings.
I called reception repeatedly but got no answer so had to go down to ask for the wifi password. Internet connection is frustrating as I had to repeatedly log in on my phone.
The gym is fair, as is the steam room and sauna, but the indoor pool is nothing more than a square of water. There were no attendants at 9:30 am so I had no towel.
The breakfast was reasonable but the service not wonderful. I asked for coffee, but the waitress decided that clearing tables was more important so I ended up getting my own from behind the counter. One guest was smoking in the small dining room and his smoke was wafting into other guests' faces, making them clearly uncomfortable. I found this disgusting. I went to reception with the intention of complaining but the sole receptionist was so busy with people checking in that I gave up.
Parking is a huge problem.
In the end, only the facilities almost make it worth the price.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I got there late and was checking out early the next day...the front desk upgraded me to thier suite.

That was nice of them.
The room was big and the bed comfortable.
Clean and nice.
The room was very cold, the Air condition was running to the max and it was freezingnin there...i had to turn it off.

Location is good ...close to the market area. They have airport pick up

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank TravelBUsa
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I think it's one of the quirks of the rating system on TripAdvisor that puts the Kingsgate so high up the chart. I've stayed in a number of different hotels in Doha over the last 4 years so I've had lots of time to compare and contrast.

First, the location. It's on a main road although the entrance is in a side street. the area immediately opposite has been flattened, ready for redevelopment. The old souq is one block away, Souq Waqif about 10 minutes walk. There's no parking spaces. There are some good local shops nearby, a laundry, a really excellent fruit shop and an Indian run tea shop! Sure, some of the side streets are a bit grimy, but no worse than many other big cities the world over. It's 10 minutes drive from the airport and the hotel will arrange a driver to pick up if you e-mail them.

The rooms are, in my view, slightly odd. There is a basic kitchenette, with a microwave but no desk. The solitary easy chair is out on the balcony, with a low coffee table. Aircon is efficient but noisy. The rooms are uncarpeted (although they may be fixing that now). Furniture is basic low grade melamine, like flat pack IKEA but without any style. TV has a basic set of channels, just BBC World and CNN in English.

The restaurant is just off the lobby and serves a decent if somewhat limited selection. The buffet breakfast is OK - a fair choice of fruit, cereals and cold cuts. The hot selection often suffered from hanging around too long.

The staff were a mixed bunch! The girls in the restaurant were friendly, while their male counterparts avoided work if possible and had an attitude that suggested it was somewhat beneath them. Housekeeping staff were invariably friendly - front desk indifferent.

So, I won't stay there next time. First choice has to be the Swiss Belhotel (just across the road) or Ramada Encore, both of which often have deals in the same price range.

Room Tip: Rooms facing towards the sea will at least have some sort of view.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business