“Typical Marriott Champions (other than the smoking)”
Review of Champions

Champions
Ranked #3 of 16 Nightlife in Doha
More attraction details
Owner description: With over 40 screens and private rooms, we guarantee a great view. In Champions, there’s everything you need to enjoy your favourite sport, guarantee a great view to cheer on your favourite team. At Champions, there’s everything you need to enjoy the top sports.”Open 5pm-2am daily.
Reviewed November 22, 2012

You may be familiar with Champions from other Marriotts. I have been there many times in Orlando Florida. They are known for their hot wings and onion soup as well as TVs all over and a casual atmosphere. Fun place to be in Doha if you want to go to a sports bar - very authentic feel to it. It can be loud and smoky and be sure to bring your passport and/or Qatar ID or you won't get in. Not a place for fine dining or new cusine but a good basic place to stop if you are shopping til you drop at City Center. Good to have valet parking available. Service is very casual.

1  Thank MandyJane
Robert C, Director of Beverage & Food at Champions, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2012

Hello MandyJane
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit to Champions, they are much appreciated. It is good to see that we are in line with other Champions around the world and I do understand your feedback on the smoking issue. I can say that we have recently installed three air purifiers and are waiting for delivery of equipment to improve the air extract system. I hope this information has helped and we do look forward to welcoming you back to Champions soon.

Robert

There are newer reviews for Champions

Reviewed November 3, 2012

I'm living in Doha and offen i go in to Champion Bar to drink a beer and i can say that is a very good local where to follow the matchs of football of premier league and naturally my Serie A being italian. Sometimes is so full that there is a atmosphere of a stadium. Many kind ok beer.

Robert C, Director of Beverage & Food at Champions, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2012

Good Day Mario
Many thanks for taking time to share your experience of your recent visits to Champions. Your loyalty is much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Champions soon.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Champions is a likeable sports bar with friendly staff and a plethora of screens and sports on offer. As has been mentioned there is a 'happy hour' between 5-7 every day where selected drinks are 25 QR. I can't understand this as it is only 'selected' drinks that are slightly cheaper as opposed to an offer on all drinks or buy one get one free etc. However, Champions is not the only place with this policy.

Al in all a good bar. Three minor gripes: Smoking. Something could be done as the place is large enough to section off some areas as smoke free where you can enjoy your meal. Menu. A bit limited. Some more choices would be welcomed. Opening hours. Hard to understand whT it only opens at 5 as other places in Doha serve alcohol earlier in the day and you miss some good sport as a result.

1  Thank Joe P
Robert C, Director of Beverage & Food at Champions, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Hello “JoePublicDoha”

I do understand your feedback on the smoking issue and I can say that we are looking at solutions from improved extract to air purifiers and hopefully have action once the items concerned land in Doha. In regard to timings, Champions has been classified as a bar and, as such, cannot commence service before 5pm. I hope this information has helped in clarifying your questions and we do look forward to welcoming you back to Champions soon.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

I stayed at the Courtyard Marriott for 2 weeks and Champions is inside the hotel, opens at 5:00pm. The great news- beer on tap, very hard to find in Doha (I mean beer -not just on tap)- Guinness, Carlsberg, Kilkenny Stella, Heineken.. Happy hour 5-7 highlighted beers are 25QR instead of 35.

Also great is about 30-40 TV's showing Premiership football, NFL, Cricket, Golf-fantastic selection, many live broadcasts.

Food is ok- pizza, burgers, salad. Steak 130QR, most expensive-pizza 50-60QR.

The bad news is if you are not a smoker (I am not) you have to suffer through a haze of cigarette smoke.

It's a trade off- stay in your hotel room and drink near beer and watch some sports on Aljazeera or watch a TON of live sports here, have a beer, and suffer through some heavy pollution. For me, watching Everton live in a bar was worth it. You decide.

2  Thank streykatt
Robert C, Director of Beverage & Food at Champions, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2012

Hello “streykatt”
Thank you for visiting us in Champions and for the detailed feedback in regard to your visits.

It is great to see that we have catered to your sporting needs and I do understand your comments on the smoking issue. I can only say that we have invested in a potential solution and are awaiting delivery.

The entire Champions team do look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Doha.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

Its a very amazing place to relax, the place is very good and the food as well. One thing that makes me bad is it will took so long before your drinks will be serve on your table. The staff are friendly and very accomodating. I recommend this place to go.

Robert C, Director of Beverage & Food at Champions, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Good Day “Kean F”

I must thank you for sharing your comments on your visit to Champions, they are much appreciated.

Whilst you seemed to have had a generally positive experience I am sorry to hear of the delay in getting served.

We do look forward to welcoming you back soon and please do ask for me in Champions on your next visit so that I can personally meet you