“great hotel with great service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Retaj Royale Doha

Retaj Royale Doha
Ranked #41 of 141 Hotels in Doha
footscray west
“great hotel with great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

Stayed here for 2 days (as a stopover July 2014) in the middle of summer + Ramadan when few things were open. Staff I interacted with were friendly and helpful and deserve full praise particularly the young lady(s) at reception who not only booked me in/out and said a cheery hello as I walked in and out the building and also arranged several tours for me and provided free internet connection in the business area.

The Hotel is well located - about a 10 min walk from the museum of Islamic Art/docks and about 20 min walk to the markets of Soq Waqif (but not really walkable during the day in summer when outside temps hit 40c + degrees by early morning). It is also about 15 min from the airport (about 50QAR or $15 by taxi).

My room was very large, clean and modern with a comfortable bed on which I had the best night's sleep in quite a while. The large bathroom also hosted both a shower and a bath and there was a lot of wardrobe space.
The hotel is located in a quiet 'backstreet' which results in little or no traffic noise even during the day.
On the above I would be happy to recommend and even return at a future time if I am passing thru this area of the world.

My only adverse comments, which are really not the hotel's responsibility, were (1) that I could never get the lights in the room to work correctly from anywhere but the main switch in the hallway, (2) on my 2nd night there was a 'party' or loud conversations happening in the street (or 3rd floor restaurant?) with voices carrying even thru the double glazed windows up until 3am, and (3) on departure my airport transfer which was confirmed by the front desk about 8 hours earlier was 30 min late.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AKhorshed, General Manager at Retaj Royale Doha, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
I am so pleased to write you this letter to thank you for your valuable time for sharing your experience.

On trip advisor, your reply assure your loyalty to our Hotel which is so appreciated,

And kindly be noted that your comments are guiding us to the right level of service and how we would likely to be in the future.

Please do not hesitate to call on me or any of the Management Team Members; it will be our pleasure to be of any kind of assistance.

Ahmed Khorshed

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Canberra
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

We stayed at the Retaj Royale for 2 nights on the way back to Australia from Scandinavia. we enjoyed the hotel immensely. We were upgraded to a Suite upon arrival and upon mentioning that the hot water was a problem we were immediately moved to another Suite. Staff at the hotel could not have been more accommodating and friendly. I agree with Ralf F that one needs a tour of the lighting system in the room but once shown, all was good. The hotel provided free wi-fi to our room which was another plus. We will go back to the Retaj Royale if we are able to get back to Doha.

Room Tip: Higher floors seem to get the hot water more quickly
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AKhorshed, General Manager at Retaj Royale Doha, responded to this review, July 20, 2014

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

Retaj Hotel Royal is a family hotel for me, comfortable and good services that the Book would not hesitate to have again.
And room rates as well as a good breakfast and location of the hotel, but there are some things I hope to improve in the future, an increase and expansion of parking as well as the Internet was free.

Room Tip: * Recommend to a regular room because it is considered a large-sized. * For me rooms upper or lower...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014

Just get a short explanation how to handle the lights in your room - but except this it was a highly pleasant stay...
The TV-signal wasn't good in my room, though the internet-connection was good enough for streaming...

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Ralf F
AKhorshed, General Manager at Retaj Royale Doha, responded to this review, May 21, 2014

Muharaq
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014

I liked this hotel, this is the third time I stay in Retaj Royal, service is great, rooms are big, staffs are very friendly and helpful and always smiling, breakfast buffet is nice, location is good just 10 minutes drive from airport and 5 minutes from Souq Waqif, free parking included, but I hope to let Wi-Fi free in the rooms.

Room Tip: No free Wi-Fi in the room
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AKhorshed, General Manager at Retaj Royale Doha, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
First let me thank you for choosing our Hotel while recently visiting Doha and for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor.

We are extremely grateful to have received the feedback about your stay. I am delighted to note that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

Guests comfort and satisfaction is our first priority and we will endeavor to always make your stays as enjoyable as possible.

Please do not hesitate to call on me or any of the Management Team Members, it will be our pleasure to be of any kind of assistance.

San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

With a last minute business trip to Doha, I booked into the Retaj Royale Hotel.
It took me about 10 minutes to drive to it from the Doha International Airport.

Very friendly welcome from the door staff and reservation desk. Valet parking included with your reservation too.

The room I had was very spacious and comfortable.
Breakfast is a very good selection and plentiful.

I would have to say that I thought the lunch buffet and Dinner buffet a bit pricey at 120 QR each.
It actually worked out more economical to order room service, plus you have more of a selection to choose from.

Overall, a pleasant and comfortable stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Andy P
AKhorshed, General Manager at Retaj Royale Doha, responded to this review, April 11, 2014

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Beautiful property and guest rooms. Very pleased with the staff; front desk, dining & welcome staff. All of the western comforts are covered. Delightful dinner buffet. Just minutes from Center City Mall and the Doha airport. I'll return.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
AKhorshed, General Manager at Retaj Royale Doha, responded to this review, April 7, 2014