“Good choice for stopover”
Review of Retaj Royale Doha

Retaj Royale Doha
Ranked #43 of 134 Hotels in Doha
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Good choice for stopover”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We had 22 hour spare in Doha and booked this place as a day room. We had a very spacious room which was great for when in the middle of two flights. The hotel is walking distance from he Cornice and the Islamic Museum of Art.
The hotel was very accommodating given our very odd travel times (arrive 3am, check out 10pm) which wasn't the case with all the hotels I contacted.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
AKhorshed, General Manager at Retaj Royale Doha, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
First let me thank you for choosing our Hotel while recently visiting Doha and for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor.

We are extremely grateful to have received the feedback about your stay. I am delighted to note that you have enjoyed your stay with us, We have highlighted all the areas which need improvement.

Guests comfort and satisfaction is our first priority and we will endeavor to always make your stays as enjoyable as possible.

Please do not hesitate to call on me or any of the Management Team Members, it will be our pleasure to be of any kind of assistance.

Ahmed Khorshed

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed January 4, 2014

The service and the quality of the room was excellent. In addition the food was outstanding (Congratulations to Mahomed Meeran, Restaurant manager). I strongly recommend this hotel which is very well located.

Maurice Fréchette, Montreal, Québec, Canada

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
AKhorshed, General Manager at Retaj Royale Doha, responded to this review, January 6, 2014

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I stayed for 3 nights and enjoyed my stay here. All of the staff were friendly, from reception, to the restaurant to housekeeping and even security.

Check In:
Very fast, appreciated the glass of juice on arrival. I was given most neccessary information.

The Room:
Very spacious considering I was travelling alone. I loved the walk in shower. A good selection of amenities, but sometimes I had to ask for extras since they were not provided. In terms of the view, there was just the buildings opposite and to the side of the hotel. There is a construction site near to the hotel, which I was not informed about at the time of booking, though the noise was minimal.

Location:
One of the reasons I chose this hotel was due to the location with the museums and souqs. I tend to walk everywhere, but found myself taking taxis due to the lack of pavements or people parking their cars on the pavements! Not the hotel's fault of course, but I think Doha should become a little more strict on people parking wherever they wish, as well as considering improving the basic infrastructure. If you prefer to walk around the local area like me, then you may find it a little difficult.

Restaurant:
All staff were very friendly and attentative. There was a good breakfast selection, though I feel the hot food was a little repetitive, as somebody else has mentioned.

Check Out:
Again, very fast. I organised a hotel taxi to take me to the airport for 40 Riyals (basically a private taxi which the hotel has an agreement with). However, when I got to the airport, he said it was 50 Riyals, despite the hotel concierge and receptionist both saying it was 40.

To summerise, I think this is a good hotel to explore Doha from. I think it could do with better maintenance though. For example, the iPod dock in my room didn't work (and everytime I switched off a lamp, it would switch off the dock too, so something is clearly not wired correctly!), there were light bulbs that needed changing, the toilet did not flush properly. Finally, I think they could have their fire alarm tests during the day as I was rudely awoken at 2am - a quick call to the operator and I was told everything is fine and it was "normal"(!).

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
AKhorshed, General Manager at Retaj Royale Doha, responded to this review, December 30, 2013

We are extremely grateful to have received the feedback about your stay. I am delighted to note that you have enjoyed your stay with us, We have highlighted all the areas which need improvement and concerning the iPod dock ,light bulbs and the toilet flush, I had informed the Engineering department to double check it in all rooms.

I trust you will accept that the difficulties you experienced are certainly not reflective of our normal standards. Please be assured that the issues have been raised and investigated and appropriate action has been taken to prevent any guests being similarly inconvenienced in the future.

Rosario, Argentina
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I had to spend one night passing through on my way to India and is amazed at the excellent service and friendliness of everyone in the hotel. The spotless rooms, great service in restaurant.
I was staying in a suite at the tenth floor, immaculate, spacious and with a breathtaking view of the city.

Room Tip: tenth floor rooms!
Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
AKhorshed, General Manager at Retaj Royale Doha, responded to this review, November 27, 2013

Leipzig, Sachsen, Germany
Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

I booked the Reataj Royale for a 4 night business trip to Doha. The hotel is located 10-15 minutes from the airport by taxi. The cost for this trip is between 30-40 Riyals. I arrived at 3 am the check-in staff was friendly and helpful. I got one of the spacious xx08 rooms which consisted of a huge living room, a bed room oof same size and deressing room and two bathrooms. The service was good, small problems were fixed quickly and friendly. The hotel uses a limousine service it is easy to agree with the driver on later pickup, the charges go directly to the hotel bill.
The only slight minus is that they charge 50 Riyals for the internet in the room, however it is fast and the signal for up to 3 devices is good.
All in all a nice stay. The hotel does not serve alcohol, however ther are opportunities around, just ask the friendly staff.

Stayed November 2013
AKhorshed, General Manager at Retaj Royale Doha, responded to this review, November 16, 2013

england
Reviewed November 11, 2013

This seemed like a more traditional Arabic hotel rather than a Ritz Carlton, Hilton etc. It is more of a boutique hotel and is close to the airport and is in the old town. There is a souk just down the road which was interesting and the seafront is a couple of blocks away. The hotel has very large rooms with large marble bathrooms, separate bath and shower and plenty of space.
The swimming pool is indoor and I think it would have been better as a rooftop pool as there is also no outside area to relax in the sun.
The issues are probably more related to outside the hotel, where, although there are plenty of other hotels, apartments etc, there seemed to be no restaurants, cafes, shops etc that you can walk to. Also taxis are quite difficult to find for some strange reason. Never any outside any hotels that I saw.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
AKhorshed, General Manager at Retaj Royale Doha, responded to this review, November 13, 2013

Riyadh
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I will visit this hotel again . Cleaning hotel . Near the city center and waqef sooq . The brakfast is to nice.

• Stayed September 2013
AKhorshed, General Manager at Retaj Royale Doha, responded to this review, November 6, 2013