“A great Italian!”

Cucina
Ranked #68 of 970 Restaurants in Doha
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Experience an authentic Italian restaurant serving fresh and flavorsome favorites. Featuring the Anti-Pasta and Pizza Corner, indulgent desserts and an extensive grape selection, this spacious restaurant is sure to please.
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Honestly, I felt that this Italian restaurant in Doha was a lot better than most Italian restaurants to be found in London!

The service was diligent as usual, the food was delicious, only the wine was disappointingly bland. We had a voucher, so I treated myself to a Sea Bream, which was perfectly cooked - soft and juicy and served with my choice of sauce to add separately.

I do recommend for fans of seafood!

1  Thank Larry G
Robert C, Director of Beverage & Food at Cucina, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Hello Larry
Thank you for visiting us in Cucina and for taking time to let us know about your experience. It is great to hear that the service and food have hit the spot.. The entire Cucina team will be delighted to hear of your memorable experience and we look forward to welcoming you back to Cucina soon.

Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

I tried this restaurant for lunch .. As we want to change from the pearl's restaurant ..

Overall the decor nice .. Quite place nice for every type . Family .. Couple .. Friends ..

We tried pizza , pasta , and plate of salad from the buffet ..

You can see my picture for more information ..

It was yumi and nice .. Fast service .. And good price ..

2  Thank QATAR2007
Robert C, Director of Beverage & Food at Cucina, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Good day “QATAR2007”
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us in regard to your recent visit to Cucina. The Cucina team will be delighted to get you feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to Cucina soon.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

Beautiful restaurant, with truly delicious italian dishes. Best bread and lasagna on the planet!!
Would definately go back!

1  Thank gsxrgirl10

Hello “gsxrgirl10”
“Best bread and lasagna on the planet!! Would definitely go back! “
Great praise indeed and many thanks for sharing your Cucina experience with us. The team will be delighted with such praise and we all look forward to welcoming you back to Cucina soon.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

I went for lunch on the 3rd on my own while shopping at city center. I was really disappointed with the overall service apart for the lady supervisor on duty who seemed to be the only one knowing her role.
I ordered first a Bloody Mary which took about 15 mns to arrived and only had the name of bloody Mary. No horseradish, celeriac salt and over spicy with tabasco.
I decided to go for the starter buffet which was empty of 3 out of 5 starters. The bruschetta was soggy and tasteless, the caprese salad has only 1 cube (tomatoes were not sliced) of tomatoes a 2 cubs of mozzarella.
the waiter passed by while I was on my mobile to remove my plate without asking if I was finished, which I was not.
I ordered 1 glass of Nero d'Avola. Read from the menu, no quantity is mentioned so you do not really know how much you are going to get for the price you pay. I did asked but the lady was unsure between 125ml or 175ml. the wine was not even poured in front of you so you do not know, unless you know your wine very well if Nero D'Avola was in fact in the glass or not.
For my main, I ordered a spaghetti Aiolio. Overall, not great except for the pasta to be well cooked. came with big piece of garlic uncooked, no chili and swimming in olive oil.
while eating, I asked for a second glass of wine which I am still waiting for it. the empty main course plate stayed on the table for about 10mns.
no question asked if I enjoyed my meal or not once the plates were cleared.
no question asked if I wanted a dessert or coffee
eventually, I asked for my bill which arrived promptly but with my second glass of wine.

no goodbye on departure

massive training to be organized. overall experience, very disappointed and cost 230 QAR for 1 glass of wine, a bottle of water, a bloody mary, starter and main.

Hello Christophe
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your visit to Cucina, it is much appreciated. It is with such feedback that we can endeavor to continually improve our product and service for all our guests. I am sorry to hear that we fell short of your and our expectations and would value the opportunity to discuss your visit further with you. If you could contact me at Robert.catlin@renaissancehotels.com. Thank you once again for your comments and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Cucina.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

went to Cucina on Christmas eve with my wife for dinner-the reservation was easy and we were very pleased with the service and the food quality as well-special thanks to Raymond who looked after us very well and the spirit of Christmas was revived with the crackers and take-away gift-thanks a lot -I would definitely recommend this restaurant for a good Italian meal.

Robert C, Director of Beverage & Food at Cucina, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2013

Hello “sumukh k”
Thank you for choosing Cucina for your Christmas Eve meal and it is good to hear that you had a great experience. Raymond and the Cucina team will be delighted to hear of your comments and we hope you had a great Christmas. Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Cucina soon.