“Simply amazing!!!”

Cucina
Ranked #33 of 961 Restaurants in Doha
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Experience an authentic Italian restaurant serving fresh and flavorsome favorites. Featuring the Anti-Pasta and Pizza Corner, indulgent desserts and an extensive grape selection, this spacious restaurant is sure to please.
Reviewed October 1, 2013

After my worst visit in New york steakhouse, my friends and i decided to check the nearby italian restaurant. Pizza is perfect!! Wine option is good! What else you ask for?? Best service ever. Keep it up guys. I will come back again for sure.

Robert C, Director of Beverage & Food at Cucina, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Dear Casey P,

Thank you so much for your review of Cucina. We were delighted to read your generous feedback about the service, wine and tasty pizzas. We look forward to welcoming you back to Cucina again soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed September 28, 2013

In short my wife and eye fell in love with this place, the atmosphere was amazing. we have ordered two of there large pizzas and I must admit taste was excellent (one of the best if not the best in Doha I have tried). we also had three glasses each of their Italian wine, again the wine was remarkable. After all that and what seemed to be our favorite spot in Doha, the bill came and without a doubt I paid my bill and added a nice tip to the waiter. Then while looking into the bill I noticed that they have added an extra glass of wine (total 7 instead of 6). fare enough I said this is a honest mistake as there were an incident that I ordered a glass of wine from 1 waiter and it didn't arrive so I have reminded another waiter and he might added a new order. The problem I faced is how rude the staff of this place handled the situation. I started with telling the waiter that the bill had 7 glasses of wine and I ordered only 6, he insisted that I ordered 7, and after a stupid discussion about a stupid extra glass of wine, another waiter came and started arguing about me having 7 glasses I ended the discussion and what started to be a seen after a third waiter came and asked me the same question by saying "listen me and my wife had a total of six glasses so if you want to charge me for 7 then fine, give my bill as I am in hurry and I need to go". The waiter then changed the bill but refused to refund the difference since I paid with visa card, he didn't even make any effort to try to satisfy us, after the embarrassment he caused us as a result of the restaurant mistake.

In short, I realized that this is the norm around here, hotels or not hotels, the service is extremely poor and they do ruin your evening. After all what happened I will definitely not go again to a place where they make you feel not important.

In conclusion, costumer is always right is just a sentence.

Dear nawar_ibrahim,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your visit to Cucina. It means a lot to us that you enjoyed our pizzas, wine and atmosphere and were willing to share that with the TripAdvisor community. I was disappointed to hear about the inconvenience regarding the bill and have passed on your feedback to the Cucina Manager to discuss with the team for improvement. Please do email me personally for further discussion at robert.catlin@marriott.com.

I hope to welcome you back to Cucina.

Kind regards,
Director of Beverage & Food

Reviewed September 23, 2013

friendly staff, (Raymond the waiter was so happy and served us very well indeed)
Lovely food.
They're god with kids.

Dear Agilford,

Thank you for taking the time to write a kind review about your visit to Cucina.

I am delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed the service and were willing to share that with the TripAdvisor community. Thank you also for naming Raymond personally, he was delighted to hear your feedback!

I hope we have the privilege of welcoming you back to Cucina soon.

Regards,

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Excellent Service and good food. We have used the online booking system, we did not expect but is actually working. Overall we were happy.

Dear Serdean,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding the ease of booking with our online reservation channel. I have passed on your comments about the service and food to our chef and the Cucina team, they were very happy to hear.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Cucina.

Kind regards,
Director of Beverage & Food

Reviewed August 29, 2013

We visited this restaurant 3 times-this last time for my BD. They made my night really special. They chose a great table location, tied balloons above the table and sang a South African song as well as Arabic and presented me a small complimentary cake n a beautifully decorated plate.
Waiters and waitresses are always pleasant and friendly and helpful. Menu is very reasonably priced, lovely ambience and food tastes good--we have had the linguini, various pizzas and risotto. Very enjoyable. Suitable for single diners, romantic couples, friends nights out and families.
Only downside--parking--because everyone uses valet parking and so it is very crowded.

Robert C, Diirector of Beverage & Food at Cucina, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Dear JenQatar,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback about your birthday visit to Cucina. It means a lot to us that you enjoyed the ambience, food, service (and singing!) and were willing to share that with the TripAdvisor community. I was disappointed to hear about the inconvenience regarding the valet service and have passed on your feedback to our Front Office Manager to discuss with the team for improvement.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Cucina.

Regards,
Robert

Been to Cucina? Share your experiences!