“An interesting adventure”

Tse Yang
Ranked #583 of 931 Restaurants in Doha
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Tse Yang is synonymous with Chinese haute cuisine. The brand has been operating for over 30 years in cosmopolitan destinations such as Paris, where it first began in 1980, New York, Geneva, Munich, Madrid and now Doha.
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Me and my close friend went out to tour the area the pearl the talk of the town as the sunset I was curious about the place the staf suggested a starter but of course being asian I had my eye on the peking duck it was great but could be much more greater if theres alcohol with good food

1  Thank Christine M

Reviewed April 28, 2014

We went there for dinner, having read some of the good reviews. What a let down it was, and I was glad we didn't invite any friends to come along! By the way, I am Chinese so I know a bit about chinese food.

The place is just disaster all round. Ambience - what ambience? It was as dead as a dodo! A massive restaurant, with a lovely outdoor bar area. It was thursday evening (which is our friday night here in the Middle East). But there were only two tables including ours. Oh, wait, we almost had three, but they thought better and left after two minutes. The withdrawal of the alcohol licence clearly has done some serious damage to the "soul-lessness" of the place.

Food......let's start with starters which was Steamed Dim Sum Selection including Siu Mai, Prawn Hargao, and a couple of other ones. All I can say is that they were BIG and solid as opposed to the way they are meant to be, ie dainty and succulent. The pastry was thick and chewy like plastic while the fillings were packed solid and too dry.

Mains.....We had their signature dish Peking Duck. Thank goodness we only ordered half and had only to endure one course - crispy duck in pancake. What a disaster that was! The pancake was so thick and chewy! Shame we can't get the crispy duck from Tesco or Marks and Spencers here as they are far far better!

We also had the Hamour Fillet Sizzling Hotpot, I nearly choked myself on a very small bone! Whether it was simply sloppy work or just ignorance of the proper standard expected of a restaurant at this price range, it was not acceptable.

Service - staff were polite as you would expect from staff from South East Asia. Sadly, no one even asked why half of the dishes remained uneaten.

If they were to slash their prices by half, we might consider returning for takeaways. Otherwise, this restaurant is seriously devoid of culinary skills in chinese cuisine.

1  Thank gizmopuppet
Reviewed April 21, 2014

The restaurant offers good Chinese food and good service! I don't recommend it though for not-so-special occasions as it could be so pricey. Not good value for money.

1  Thank Turknoys
Reviewed February 1, 2014

I really love eating peking duck... It seems I had my peking duck in Beijing. They are really serving the best [eking duck in Doha. The place is fantastic.. Five star fine dining restaurant plus the price is really affordable and worth it. I will definitely recommend this to my friends.. Its so fantastic :)

2  Thank Pamela M
Reviewed December 18, 2013 via mobile

This was my favorite Chinese in doha and perhaps one of the best globally, until the last visit. Used to love their wassabi prawns. Last week's visit disappointed though. The place was empty, chicken was little under-cooked, and I have had better crispy duck elsewhere. Will give them benefit of doubt and try once more.