“Best way of celebrating your loved one's Birthday”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Tse Yang

Tse Yang
Ranked #504 of 849 Restaurants in Doha
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: Tse Yang is synonymous with Chinese haute cuisine. The brand has been operating for over 30 years in cosmopolitan destinations such as Paris, where it first began in 1980, New York, Geneva, Munich, Madrid and now Doha.
Doha, Qatar
“Best way of celebrating your loved one's Birthday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

I had called ahead to Tse Yang & reserved a table for my Hubby's B;day and had come along with my two small kids aged 2 & 1. The extent to which the Tse Yang folks went to make our day n celebration special I keep telling to my friends n all those to who I recount the special day.

As it is, Tse Yang is a beautiful restaurant known for its great authentic ambience & very good food starting from the Peking duck, the Dimsums and even the curried chicken that goes well with the fried rice. Top notch service with special consideration to the kids too even though its a High End stylish ambience. The staff greeted us and had set the table for us at the Round table as specially requested with space enough should our little ones get fidgety. They got about with them surprise toys & party hooter and Orange Teddy to delight my two year old. The dinner was fab and towards the end the dimmed lights were brightened up slowly with the slow light music replaced by the Happy birthday song in the background. "It was just magical"...my husband was thrilled ....n the Tse Yang staff brought about their signature cake laden with candles to my hubby rendering their own version of the birthday song:-))))we cut the cake and they took the pics......but the memory of this birthday is very special to us...they way they made it completely special for us.

The service went that extra mile when we left the restaurant and was half way home, we realized we had forgotten our parcel of the curried chicken n left it at that thinking it was a beautiful evening so lets forget this little parcel. But to our delight the staff calls us up and asks whether we have already left & since we couldnt turn back "next time ask for his familiar face who originally reserved our table" and the curried chicken we forgot to take with us will be ""ON THE HOUSE""".......I forgot his name, but I will not forget the evening he made special for us.....Thank You TSE Yang for making this Birthday Special for us.

• Visited October 2012

Doha, Qatar
“First class Chinese food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

We tried the Dim Sum, and the Peking duck and the quality of the food was top notch. Service was great, and despite other people complaining on this site, the lighting was perfectly ok. My only issue was the atmosphere. Clearly the restaurant has been hit hard by the alcohol ban. There were only 3 or 4 groups of people in the restaurant so it felt really empty. Also a glass of wine would have really added to the meal. Pity.

• Visited December 2012
Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
“Underwhelming unlicensed restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

This restaurant is on the Pearl, an alcohol free zone. The staff are very pleasant, and the food is good but not brilliant. It was absolutely pitch black, I had to ask for the lights to be turned up so I could read the menu. Braille or torches are options for them to consider.

If you are staying in Doha City it's not worth the taxi fare, but as you can't have a drink with your meal, you could always drive.

Average.

• Visited September 2012
The Hague, The Netherlands
“Special birthday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

We went for dinner to celebrate the birthday of a friend of ours.
We have been several times but for our friends it was the first time. We advised the signature dish, the pecking duck. Our friends loved it, the ambiance, the food (including the special sesame icecream -with candle for the birthday man!). The staff is very nice and Napoleon our waiter for the evening, took excellent care of us. We certainly recommend this restaurant to everyone.

• Visited August 2012
“Duck.. Duck.. and DUCK”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

I heard that this place cosed after the alcohol ban from The Pearl island. The last time I went there it was an amazing food experience and my preference was the Duck. Not to be missed

Visited November 2011