“We had a great experience!”
Review of The Torch Doha

The Torch Doha
Ranked #29 of 138 Hotels in Doha
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went with our 1 yr old son to the torch hotel and stayed for one night in one of the suites, for our anniversary. We really enjoyed it there. The staff was so friendly and polite, the interior design was really nice and classy. And the suite was quite impressive! I loved everything in the suite except the changeable decorative wall lights, which I found a bit too much. There are complimentary coffee and tea, there's a really good coffee nespresso machine and there were two iPads that u use to control the light, AC and music and tv in the room!
The pool on the 19th floor was smaller than I thought but my husband and son enjoyed it a lot, while I enjoyed the steam and sauna.
The breakfast in the flying carpet restaurant was ok, not the best but not bad.
If I had the chance I would like to stay there again for a night or a day use!

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Aya S
Claudia O, Public Relations Manager at The Torch Doha, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your valuable feedback.

We are glad that to hear that our room facilities and staff service were to your liking.

Your honest review and constructive comments are very much appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Best Regards.

Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

After hearing nice words of The Torch Doha by my local friends in Qatar, I went ahead and booked a nights stay here and I was blown away. The exquisite customer service & the amazing in-room technology really stood out to me. One of the greatest hotels I've had the pleasure of staying at in the Middle East, if not anywhere in the world!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Jack M

Dear Jack,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your valuable feedback.

We are glad that to hear that guest services and in-room technology were to your liking.

Your honest review and constructive comments are very much appreciated.

Looking forward to welcoming you again to THE TORCH DOHA!

Reviewed June 30, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks, it was fantastic hotel with excellent location adjacent to the villagio mall with very attractive and fabulous lobby which every one will like. Staff all are wonderful and very helpful and always smiling. rooms ar very quiet and large enough to give maximum comfort with master control by the iPad for all room fascilities including lights, TV, curtains , A/C. Bathroom large and comfortable with excellent amenities. Buffet at the flynig carpet superb for all meals and contain many varieties so that everyone will find mayn things to eat. The only small defect which I found is the small swimming pool, but its location at 19th floor make it marvelous. Really it is a perfect hotel and you donot feel bored even with long stay. I advise it for everyone whatever the purpose of visit to Qatar.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank NAF62

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your valuable feedback.

We are glad that to hear that our location close to Villaggio mall, our staff service and food quality was to your liking.

Your honest review and constructive comments are very much appreciated.

Looking forward to welcoming you again to THE TORCH DOHA.

Best Regards.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

My husband & I recently stayed at the Doha Torch hotel. Architecturally it is a very unusual shape as it is shaped like a torch. The rooms are comfortable and you can control many things in the room e.g. the lighting colour, the T.V. the curtains, room service all from the in room ipad. I think a man must have had an input to the décor of the rooms because a woman would ensure there would of been a mirror. I found it very difficult to do my hair because the hairdryer they supplied was a typical useless hotel dryer which made it impossible to do my hair. Of course there are no plug sockets in the bathroom to plug my own hair dryer or heated rollers in so I had to ask reception if they could help me. They were very obliging and sent me up a full length mirror, but then I had the problem of finding plug sockets in the room and the only one I could find was behind the chair apart from 2 that were situated on top of the desk. The location of the hotel is perfect and next door was a huge shopping mall the Villagio with a walk way to cross to it undercover to protect you from the sun. The pool area is not very big it is on the 19th floor, although small, it was a lovely pool, and because you were so high up you got a nice welcome breeze. I found the sun loungers very uncomfortable as you could not adjust them to lay down. The staff are extremely helpful and we had a very enjoyable stay. One thing I did find strange was in the room there are pictures on the wall of sporting people which is fine, but as it is a Muslim country, I did find it strange that in the direction of Mecca, which is the way people pray, you would be facing a picture, which is not really acceptable in Islam I believe. On the whole, this is a hotel not to be missed. It is unusual, but fab and I would highly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JanWignall
Claudia O, Public Relations Manager at The Torch Doha, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your valuable feedback.

We are glad that to hear that our location close to Villaggio mall, our service and the pool area were to your liking.

As complete guest satisfaction is our goal we would like to assure you that we continue to work on the other aspects that you pointed out to be unsatisfactory to you.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

I stayed in this hotel many times. It is my favorite place to invite my friends forbreakfast, lunch or dinner at flying carpet restaurant.. I always enjoy my Moroccan tea in the cafe by the reception or in m1 floor . The swimming pool is in a wonderful place on the 19 floor where you can enjoy a beautiful view of Doha city. The tea garden is an excellent place to enjoy late brunch or afternoon tea . The 360 restaurant is a rotating restaurant with an unnoticiable motion it goes round and round and you'll enjoy the beautiful view from the top of the torch hotel. Rooms option is excellent . I love the double room option because I enjoy changing the room colour you can control that by the IPad provided in the room . Ac ,curtains lighting , tv , meals ordering and room colour are all controlled by the iPad . I also tried the suit room once ,it was very good but I would prefer the double bedroom option to be able to change the room color cause it is not available in the suit . It is connect to the biggest mall in Qatar the Villagio Mall by a corridor .

Room Tip: Double bedroom are the best
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Maryam A

Dear Mrs. Maryam,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your valuable feedback.

We are glad that to hear that room facilities, dining options and location close to Villaggio mall were to your liking.

Your honest review is very much appreciated.

Looking forward to welcoming you and your friends back to THE TORCH DOHA.

Reviewed May 26, 2014

This has to be one of the best hotels I've sated at recently. The I pad controlled room is superb, you could spend hours playing around with the lighting, the concept of one controller for everything is really good, and the online news papers are a brilliant idea too, location is nice, right next the Villiago mall, but a bit far from downtown. The cantilevered pool is spectacular, if not a little bit small for the size of the hotel, breakfast was very good with a large selection on offer, My only complain was when i went for a drink at the bar on the 21st floor, I went at 2300, but was refused service after being told the bar was closing, despite the closing time being 00:00 hours.
Good friendly reception staff, but not so good bar staff

Room Tip: close the curtains at night, your room is reflected on the outer skin of the tower, and can be seen...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your valuable feedback.

We are glad that to hear that our location close to Villaggio mall, our room facilties and dining options were to your liking.

As complete guest satisfaction is our goal we would like to assure you that we continue to work on the aspects that you pointed out to be unsatisfactory to you.

Kind Regards.

THE TORCH DOHA

Reviewed May 25, 2014

Just stayed her as our son was swimming in the Saudi Nationals at the Hamad Aquatic Centre. Location for Aspire facilities is great and the hotel is wonderfully presented. The rooms are all operated via an iPad - curtains, lights, TV, etc etc...the kids took charge and kept us organized! The breakfast is great - super choice of items. Nice speedy check in and check out, great views from the pool. Only downside - no alcohol as it sits in the Aspire zone where alcohol is not allowed.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Stuart_Birkwood

Dear Mr. Birkwood,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your valuable feedback.

We are glad that to hear that our location, room facilties and dining options were to your liking.

Your honest review and constructive comments are very much appreciated.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to THE TORCH DOHA.

Kind Regards.