“Improve your food and you are unique”

Ranked #14 of 133 Hotels in Doha
Reinach, Switzerland
“Improve your food and you are unique”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Efficient reception, excellent service culture, clean. Do recommend only as business hotel.Good food selection but always purely cooked including Brasilian restaurant. Consider place rather expensive although the service is good but the whole interior design incl. rooms is rather unpersonel.

Room Tip: You are with all rooms comfortable. Perhaps you ask for backside of hotel because of more daylight a...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Savino L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear Riemensperger,

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback with us.

I am happy to know that you enjoyed our services however, it is disappointing to hear that our food quality did not live up to your expectations.

We constantly improve our services to better suit the needs of our guests therefore I sincerely hope that your next stay with us will be more successful and enjoyable.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon to Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park.

Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Due to an unexpected stay in Doha, after our flight out of Europe was delayed meaning we missed our connection, we needed a place close to the airport. We were very tired so somewhere nice and comfortable was what were after. Thankfully we found it here.

Outside the baggage claim area there's a huge area with little booths from all the local hotels, not all were open at 430am but the ones that were open were around 600QR (164USD) per night but some with transfer, some with breakfast. This place had both. (I think breakfast may only be inculded on weekends)

When we got the hotel, the receptionist informed us they had a current deal on so we got the room for 560QR's!

The rooms are great very clean, beds comfortable. They have a nice rooftop bar and pool, and also a gym.

We had room service for lunch, which was quite reasonably priced.

All in all a good experience, can definitely recommend.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Savino L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Dear Oscar J,

Thank you very much for choosing Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park!

It gives us great pleasure to know that you were pleasantly surprised with our services and facilities during your unexpected stay in Doha.

We hope that we will have a chance to welcome you back to our hotel on your next stopover or visit to Doha.

Arlington, Texas
Reviewed April 4, 2014

I ended up staying in this hotel for a year while on assignment in Doha. The hotel is less than two years old and well maintained. As described by others, the location is only good if you have an office / meetings nearby, or you are attending a conference at the hotel itself. It is a 10 minute taxi ride to/from the airport, so arrivals and departures are very convenient.

All the staff were quite helpful during my stay. There is a hotel end of the building and a residence end - if you will be there longer-term, be sure to get on the waiting list for one of the residence one or two-bedrooms - the kitchens are well worth it.

The rooftop Liquidity Lounge / pool area is excellent for a business hotel - by far my favorite place to relax when at the hotel. The Misturado bar on the first floor is good for beer and sports on TV, but can be extremely smoky for those of us who have become accustomed to non-smoking establishments. Rodizio is the Brazilian restaurant - all you can eat cuts of meat; huge selection of meats, and a good vibrant atmosphere with live Cuban band. Savor is also on the first floor and is a combo coffee bar / small bar / outside terrace seating area - all good for a small meal or quick drink.

There is a metro station being constructed next door. When the metro line is complete it will be quite convenient to get to other places in Doha form this hotel. Until then, it is a taxi ride to anyplace else in the city you want to go.

Room Tip: The pool / Liquidity Lounge is on the 7th floor. Some of the rooms on the 6th floor under the pool a...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Jon E
Savino L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
Dear Jon E,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us and other travelers here on Tripadvisor!

We are thrilled to know that as one of our long staying guests, you found our staff helpful during your stay.

Our goal is to consistently encourage our guests on their journey of success therefore it is rewarding to know that our people managed to do just that.

Cairo
Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

Honestly I expected alot more. The hotel is ver well designed rooms are huge and very clean. However hotel location is quite terrible if you are in doha for business. Traffic in doha is horrible so it will take you around 45 minutes to the west bay. Breakfast buffet was very poor if you compare it to other crown plaza hotels. Not to mention that 230 usd is a very high price for such service

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Savino L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Dear abdoatef,

Thank you for sharing your feedback following your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park.

It is truly disappointing to know that your experience with us did not live up to your expectations, please accept my sincere apology for any inconvenience caused.

Traffic in Doha can be quite frustrating however, our proximity to the Airport comes in handy on busy days where guests are rushing to catch their flights.

Please rest assured that your comments regarding our breakfast quality have been addressed with the concerned department to ensure the satisfaction of our guests.

Superseding the expectations of our guests is our main goal therefore it is regrettable to hear that we did not succeed on that occasion.

We look forward to welcoming you back to showcase our true service in case you decide to stay with us in the near future.

Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I booked this property to get some sleep during a stopover at Doha Airport awaiting a follow on flight some 12 hours later, arriving in the afternoon and looking to get some rest before checking out middle of the night to catch our follow on flight, it was worth paying the cost for a few hours just to have a place to get some sleep following a long trip through Thailand and a flight from Bangkok before arriving at Doha.

There was apparently some issue with my reservation, to which I still do not understand, this led to FIVE telephone calls to our room whilst we were trying to sleep...i eventually gave in on my idea of getting any rest and went down to the reception to complain & get them to stop calling the room. At this point I was very tired having not slept more than an hour in 48 hours and more than a little annoyed at the persistent phone calls to the room.

After complaining to the front desk, I was now very aggitated and went outside the main doors by the lobby to have a cigarette...A man dressed in a white gown with a headress on, who did not appear to be a member of staff (they were all in uniform that I saw), approached me and gestured to his phone and said 'number?' I politely declined and explained (LUCKILY) that my partner was there with me and I was not interested. At this point, he looked me up and down and asked 'how much?!' '...how much for me?!' absolutely disgusted, and now slightly nervous, I told him I was not a lady of the night, put out my cigarette and hurried through the lobby to the lift up to my room.

I was staying on the first floor, one floor up from the lobby...i pressed the button and the doors began to close, before being stopped by a foot in the way...it was the same man that had approached me outside and he pulled the lift doors open with his hands and entered the lift! I kept saying no I have a boyfriend, to which he said 'no problem' I said 'big problem!'...as soon as the lift doors open I ran to my room as he ran behind me! As I got to my room and entered I tried to close the door as quickly as I could, but he forced his way into my bedroom! I screamed and shouted to my partner who was in the room and he jumped out of bed and scared him off!

I was in a state of shock and very upset as I rang reception and told them a man had followed me and forced his way into my room...the response was ''are you on your own?just make sure you lock the doors!' I very nearly made this trip alone and I am so relieved that I didn't, I have no doubt what worse a fate would have awaited me.

We grabbed our things together as we didn't want to stay there a moment longer, even though several hours before our flight, I would rather sit in the airport where at least i may feel safe. We went to the front desk and told the duty manager what had happened and we were not staying there a second longer...at this point we were presented with the bill! He said they would need to investigate and in the meantime payment would need to be taken and wouldn't let us leave without doing so! I was very much made to feel as though I was lying about the whole thing! At one point he even said it would just be another guest innocently entering the lift! So what, they just accidentally chase you to your room and force their way in?!? Maybe confused with their room numbers?!? I was disgusted and beside myself, by this point having somewhat of a panic attack in the lobby area...my partner pulled him to one side, explained we would NOT be paying and were leaving right away. As we got into the car to leave he said they would be contacting us once they had looked at cctv footage...my partner gave me a diazepan we had obtained from a Thai pharmacy to calm me down and I was so much better as I watched this place dissapear in the rear view mirror!

Now some 6 days later, I am still to recieve any form of contact or apology for the incident...in fact I have recieved a survey saying 'we hope you enjoyed your stay' ironic to say the least...

I want to especially let single female travellers know that this hotel is not secure against such incidents and also point out the blatant lack of customer service and tact in dealing with such a situation...i am absolutely sure someone must have figured out the cctv by now and am even more disgusted that no one has bothered to contact me!

I will never stay here again...If I have the misfortune to end up anywhere near here again, I will take a chair in the airport lounge anyday of the week instead!

Room Tip: do not stay here!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
8 Thank cupcakelady186233
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Dear cupcakelady186233,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We take comments such as these very serious and would like to follow up with you. We have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information. I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Crown Plaza Doha recently - nice business hotel. Check in was smooth and platinum status acknowledged. The room was large and well appointed with welcome platter of fruits and light eats. Breakfast was standard fare. Good toilet but toiletries could definitely be of better quality

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Savino L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Dear Kannan S,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and the Tripadvisor community.

We truly appreciate your loyalty to IHG and it is great to hear that your Platinum status was recognized as per your expectations.

I have noted your comment regarding our bathroom amenities and have shared your feedback with the concerned department to ensure the comfort of our guests.

Strongsville, Ohio
Reviewed March 25, 2014

We booked for a long weekend and had some wonderful surprises along the way. The hotel is close to the airport but you don't hear any noise unless you are sitting outside by the pool at night. Quiet inside the hotel. Close to the airport with a free shuttle. We booked the room with breakfast included and it was a very nice buffet. We met the manager Elena (new to the job and doing great!) She was friendly and interested and learning as she went, but made a point to speak to everyone in the lobby. Mahmoud - excellent concierge! He knows his way around Doha. Melanie at the pool bar was great! Rowdy customer was handled with care and they made sure he got home safely. Gabriel at the pool - what can I say? He was great with the kids that were in the pool, helpful to the adults and very good at his job. The gym is great as is the manager. Pool is nice, weekends there is a DJ and makes for a nice getaway in the evening. The rooms were nice and clean, comfy beds and pillows. Couldn't really find anything wrong with this hotel. You are close enough to everything and the cabs are reasonably priced. We will be back for sure!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Savino L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear Curlyqmom,

We are simply thrilled to hear that you will be back for sure!

Thank you very much for taking time to share your fantastic comments regarding our facilities and services provided by Elena, Mahmoud, Melanie and Gabriel. Your comments have been shared with them and the team.

Our people constantly strive to help our guests on their journey of success therefore it is rewarding to know that they succeeded on this occasion.