“A true 5 star service”

Ranked #14 of 134 Hotels in Doha
Doha, Qatar
“A true 5 star service”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

On the 4th of december, we decided to go out for dinner and we chose Rodizio as it is walking distance from our place.Nice decor, nice music, ambiance perfect...we were directed to our table which was reserved.As it was near the band we wanted to go a bit away from the music and our request was accomodated immediately.
A lovely waiter, smiling and very professional guided us through the menus. The waiter remembered my specificaitons for allergies and asked how they can accomodate my dinner.he went through the whole process with knowledge, professionalism and NO stammering or " let me check"...VERY Impressed i was...
My 2 guests had the set menu from live station and i choose a steak from the menu.
Steak arrived and it was very tough to chew even though i asked for medium.
The restaurant manager came to take my plate away and offered for another dish. i was not sure what to order as i was hungry and disapppointed.
I was offered a plate from the live station which i accepted which came with the same accompaniments of the steak dish.( i was charged for the steak but got meat from the carnivore station which is almost double the price)
The manager came back with a plate full of juicy, medium cooked beef and lamb which was amazingly cooked. The meat was as good as the meat i had in cape town (the best by the way...).While going for a smoke i stopped to chat with the manager a while expressing how pleasantly surprised i was about the service and not intentionally mentioned it was by birthday thus the choice of a nearby place....and guess what???i was surprised by getting a cake at the end with the service staff and band singing happy birthday in brazilian, english and arabic....WOOOOOWWWW
As a hotelier, i was very impressed to have finally found a 5 star hotel in Doha where the whole package is 5 star. I was very impressed and very happy....Normally i am very picky and criticize almost everything ( what can i do...it's in every hoteliers blood) but i DID NOT FIND A SINGLE THING WHICH WAS NOT RIGHT!!!!
My partner is a Chef de Cuisine and was also impressed....
Kudos to the manager ( I apologise for forgetting her name as well as the waiter's name), her team and the management for the wonderful time i had. I am happy and satisfied that even though the hospitality market is struggling for the best employees, there are still some people who works from the heart and deliver what they sell. I bow in front of thee!!!
A true 5 star it is for me in every sense. Keep it up!

Last but not least, we are going back to Rodizio for christmas eve because a happy customer will always come back :-)

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Savino L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear ManujaD2013,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your feedback with us and for choosing Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park to be your birthday venue.

I am delighted to hear that you were impressed with our services even though you are not one to be impressed easily.

Reading that our people “work from the heart” is the epitome of what we strive to deliver to our guests every day.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon for more celebrations.

Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Went to e hotel yesterday with my husband, looking for a quick lunch..my husband went to e main restaurant by e lobby...nobody greeted him till an African lady from e bar acknowleged his presence..she was helpful but with no knowledge of what is available..I joined him n again no greetings from anyone...we passed by a service station n we saw a group of staff chatting instead..went to the buffet n we decided to have ala carte at e terrace...again no one came n we waited for 5mins n then we concluded that e restaurant staff were not interested in serving us n left..your hotel is great, but e staffs that makes a great hotel......

Stayed December 2013
Savino L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park, responded to this review, December 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your recent experience at Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park.

Please accept my sincere apology on behalf of the team for not meeting your expectations in regards to the arrival and service experience at our restaurant.

Rest assured that your comments have been addressed with the concerned department to ensure creating an enjoyable and memorable experience for our guests.

I would be happy to discuss this further in case your time allows, please feel free to contact me directly on email address: savino.leone@ihg.com or phone number +974 4408 7777.

I hope that this incident will not keep us from welcoming you back at our hotel to show our true service.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Hi I just want to share to you my opinion about the Crowne Plaza Doha, I stayed there for two days to try this new hotel, they are new so i did not expect that much but the hotel really exceed my expectation. Once I arrived I go straight to the reception to ask for my booked room. Receptionist that help me that time is really fast it only took me 3 or 5 minutes to looked for a room available since that day they are almost full booked and its hard to find a room. Plus a bellboy noticed that i was sitting down alone so he came and chat me for a little while so its quit comforting you will not noticed the time really. So after that i went to my room and order my food for lunch in the In Room Dining, from the time that i called the operator to the time of delivery is not really bad since they delivered on time. I also went to their restaurant Rodizio and it was great... Staff we're really have their knowledge on the food that they serve and the food itself is really delicious. On day two I ask Housekeeping to clean my room they arrive on time and finished it with excellence. I would really recommend this hotel to my friends to the member of trip advisor you guys would never regret when you stay to this hotel.

Room Tip: Almost all of the rooms we're quit....
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Savino L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park, responded to this review, December 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback with us and other travelers here on Tripadvisor!

We are thrilled to know that your experience at our hotel exceeded your expectations. Positive feedback such as yours keeps us motivated to help our guests get the most out of their stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon to our hotel on your next visit to Doha.

Ad Dawha, Ad Dawhah, Qatar
Reviewed December 13, 2013

We stayed for 9 days - it was amazing in many aspects. Friendly staff and good always made us smile all day. The room was amazing, and comfy, restaurants and bars were great.

The room service however was quite slow, as it took more than an hour to respond. We were in a smoking room number 223 and despite not smoking in the room, it always smelt like smoke. There was also a "dink" noise coming from below the window, quite destructing.

Despite this, we were so happy and will always consider CP as our hotel of choice in Doha.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

It is such a delight to hear that our staff made you smile all day!

Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding our guestrooms, outlets and more importantly the service provided by our people.

Please accept my sincere apology regarding your experience with Room Service. Your comments have been addressed with the concerned departments and we shall continue to do our best to meet and exceed your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon to Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park.

Hyderabad, Pakistan
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Aramede staff is giving excellent service specially I am appreciating his manager and staff.
specially Prem, Shiva , Waswa and Anna these are given good service while I am in restaurant.
Swimming pool service is maintained very well.TechnoZym facility also good.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us and other travelers here on Tripadvisor!

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your dining experience at Aramede restaurant and also took time to single out a few of our team members for their excellent service. I have shared your positive feedback with Prem, Shiva, Waswa, Anna and the team.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 13, 2013

I stayed overnight and the hotel was very good in all respects. Friendly staff and good service as is quite normal at a Crowne Plaza hotel. However, I stayed in room 301 and the end of a corridor and there was a design issue with the bath/shower facility, which could give you problems if you have a mobility impairment. The bath and shower controls are towards the left hand side of the bath and can only be operated by getting into the bath. Obviously this means that you cannot run the shower to set the temperature before you are exposed to the water itself. in addition there was no hand support to help get into and out of the bath, which can be tricky.

Room Tip: Check bath accessibility before settling into a room.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your feedback following your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park.

We are happy to know that you enjoyed our services and the friendliness of our staff.

Rest assured that your comments regarding the guestroom bath have been taken into consideration. We shall continue to do our best to create a comfortable and enjoyable stay for our guests. In case you would like to discuss the matter further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly on email address savino.leone@ihg.com or phone number +974 4408 7777.

I look forward to personally welcoming you back for an enjoyable and memorable stay on your next visit to Doha.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I have been staying in Crowne Plaza from September has been enjoying every day of my stay here. I would like to pass my appreciation to each and every one at Crowne Plaza, Doha.
My day starts with breakfast, the food is fantastic but it can be better .However the staff is quite helpful and help me start my day with smile. I would really like to pass on my heart felt appreciation to all helpful staff at the breakfast though i don't remember all names but Speciall Mention of Mr. Prem and Shiva Kumar have been really making me feel Special and at Home.
The housekeeping is excellent. Housekeeper Mr. Sheik Masthanvali is very warm and helpful and makes me feel as though I'm an important guest. Thank you so much for keeping my room clean during my stay. I am amazed by the cleanliness in my room after a long hard day at work. My things are organized in a nice manner even my toiletries are arranged neatly in the bathroom, GOOD JOB Guys!!! . I am having a wonderful time and was able to relax at night, knowing that everything would be clean and orderly.
I would like to you to pass on my appreciation to them.
I was very pleased and impressed with the way I am being treated here .The experience couldn't have been any better for me.
Excellent Job Guys.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Savino L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and other travelers here on Tripadvisor!

It is delightful to know that you “ really love” our hotel! It is also very rewarding to see that you took time to single out a few of our team members who made your stay more enjoyable. I have shared your positive comments with Prem, Shiva, Sheik and the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon for another memorable stay at Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park.