“Enjoyed except for..”

Ranked #15 of 134 Hotels in Doha
“Enjoyed except for..”
Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

I booked an overnight stay for my birthday in this hotel. We came around 2:30pm, 30 minutes after the check in time. Knowing that we had reservation, I thought that the room is already available. The receptionist told me that it is not yet prepared, and she cannot give me another room since "maybe" they are preparing something special for my birthday. I waited for another 30 minutes, still not prepared. After one hour of long waiting, we finally went into our room. NOTHING special was prepared. I did not ask for anything to prepare for my birthday or something but the receptionist was the one telling. I mean, she should have told the truth, whatever the reason was, not some excuses that they were preparing something special. She was really nice, but I was pissed. I wasted more than one hour waiting, and I booked prior to coming. Well, our stay was okay, you have many things to do around the hotel. The room is modern, the staff are nice, food is okay. Enjoyed our stay at liquidity lounge. The overall experience was good, except for the check-in thing.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kimberly C
Savino L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback following your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park.

It is truly disappointing to hear that your check-in experience was not up to your expectations. Please accept my sincere apology regarding the inconvenience caused.

Rest assured that your comments have been shared with the concerned departments and necessary actions have been taken to avoid such incidents in the future.

In case you would like to discuss the matter further, please feel free to contact me directly on email address: savino.leone@ihg.com or phone number +974 4408 7777.

I sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel.

Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We had spent a pleasant couple of days in Doha and arrived at the airport ready to return home, only to find that we had been bumped from our flight with Qatar Airways. I have subsequently learnt that this happens a lot with Qatar Airways. The hotel they put we poor rejected passengers up in is the Crowne Plaza Doha. We arrived very late at night and were ushered into a "special check-in room" away from the main reception desk. The room was half full already and the desk at the front had a pile of room keys 4cm high, so they were obviously expecting many more rejects that night. The staff were very kind and helped with our luggage even though we had no money for tips. Our room was modest in size but with good facilities and very clean. The queen size bed was hard. The room looked out onto office blocks and a construction site. Breakfast was reasonable with a nice range of food. This hotel is in a business park, with no shops nearby. We decided to while away our day at the rooftop pool. This was a wonderful surprise. The pool was large, with plenty of deck chairs and loungers around. We spent several hours swimming and snoozing and enjoying the warm sunlight. There were plenty of staff working around the pool, but the service was haphazard. They forgot our lunch order, but drinks were delivered promptly. Dinner in the restaurant was disappointing. We chose the buffet option. Although there was a lot of food on offer, it was largely dry and unappealing. On the other hand, freshly caught fish was displayed, with the opportunity to have the fish filleted and cooked on the spot. The staff were very friendly and very willing to advise on choices. There was a notice outside the restaurant stating that due to an Islamic holy day, no alcohol would be served in the hotel for twenty-four hours. This is a reasonable hotel and is probably well located for business travellers.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SRBassett
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and the Tripadvisor community.

I am happy to know that in spite of an unfortunate incident with your scheduled flight you were able to enjoy your stay with us.

We really appreciate your positive comments regarding the service provided by our staff however I apologize for the inconvenience experienced at our pool lounge; Liquidity.

Braintree, Essex
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I stayed few times at this hotel on business trips. As an overall experience is great and I will go again. You always get an upgrade if you are an IHG member, as usual. The service is excellent and the staff is very friendly, actually they go out of their way to help you, always with a smile. The restaurants are very good, especially the Brazilian one which now has live music too, 3 ladies from Cuba entertain the guests with their amazing voices.
Although everything looks perfect a minor issues exists in the bath tabs of this hotel, if you decide to take a shower in the bath tab then you are in a big trouble because the whole bathroom will flood after a while and make it unusable until housekeeping sends someone to clean it up. The problem is that the bath tabs are not leveled properly and the excess water is running on the floor, I have reported this to the management of the hotel about a year ago during my first stay but they did nothing. My solution is use a lot of towels to prevent the water going on the floor or better do not shower in the bath tab.

Room Tip: All rooms are great inside. Ask for room with a shower. No point to ask for a room with a view since...
1 Thank a-goulis
Savino L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park.

I am delighted to know that as a regular guest you consider our hotel as “the best choice for business”. We truly appreciate the fact that you took time to praise our facilities, entertainment options and more importantly the service provided by our people.

Your comment regarding your shower experience has been taken into consideration and we are currently working on a solution to ensure an enjoyable stay for our guests. Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience you have experienced.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel on your next visit to Doha.

Utrecht, The Netherlands
Reviewed October 12, 2013

This a great hotel in convenient location in Doha. The service was fabulous and the hotel is furnished to a high standard. The rate is quite reasonable too.

The hotel has a bar (unlike others) but please be aware the prices will come as a shock to many.

The hotel staff were extremely friendly and professional.

The only issue is the bath/shower combo was poor designed, so it had a tendency to flood the room a little.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and the Tripadvisor community!

We are delighted to receive an overall rating of 5/5 and appreciate your wonderful comments regarding our facilities and the friendliness of our people.

Your feedback regarding the guestroom bathtub has been taken into consideration and we are currently working on a solution that will ensure an enjoyable stay for our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon to Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park.

Amman, Jordan
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a few nights on a business trip, overall it is a great hotel, service is average, the employees are very friendly and welcoming.

Because I am a Gold member of the IHG club they upgraded my room to a suite at no extra charge which was a very nice gesture, the suite is spacious and very nice.

I think the waiters need more training, I had breakfast daily in the restaurant and a customer asked the waiter which butter is the regular butter from the 2 choices, the waiter didn't know the answer and was looking around for any other waiter to get an answer and save his face, it happened that I was behind that customer and I answered his question.

Another incident happened that there was no one at the omelet station and I asked the waiter to call for the person in charge (after waiting for exactly 3 minutes), the waiter went to his friends the other waiters and just stood their chatting and laughing, I left the station and went to him and asked him why he didn't call anyone since I asked to do so? he just mumbled and didn't answer, he said he will go now..... I didn't have breakfast that day...

When I checked in I noticed their is no soap nor shampoo in the toilette, as I went down I asked the reception to send soap and shampoo to the room, when I came back I found a dozen small bottles of everything and half a dozen of soaps.

I am not sure if it was just out of generosity (I am sure I will not use all of that in 4 days) or just that the housekeeper have been given a warning from his/her boss about it.

The other thing I noticed is the inconsistency when arranging the room; they forget certain towels one day, they arranged the bed differently everyday and so, I have no problem with those things as long as the room was clean.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I am happy to know that you enjoyed our suites and more importantly the service provided by our people.

Your comments regarding the service at our main restaurant, guestroom amenities and Housekeeping services have been addressed with the concerned departments in order to avoid such incidents in the future. Please accept my sincere apology for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

Doha
Reviewed October 6, 2013

The hotel ptrovides a nice secluded place for relaxation in a reasonably close proximity to the airport.
The bar next to the swimming pool on the 7th floor provides an added comfort zone.
The best revue i left it to the breakfast buffet and its staff. The mini pizza chef, Hassan, is attentive to your needs if you prefer crispier or not so crispy pizzas. Everyone should taste these delicacies some made with cheese others with meat and others with zaatar. I saw many customers coming back for seconds and beyond, as soon as they come from the oven, and Hassan was happy to oblige. His hands were in the oven the whole time, the poor guy. You could practically have a full breakfast feasting on these delicacies. Do not forget to get once there.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and other travelers here on Tripadvisor.

It is delightful to hear that you found our hotel to be “a nice secluded place for relaxation” as we like to think of it as a place where our guests find the restoration and energy they need to continue their journey of success.

Your feedback regarding the mini pizzas prepared by our talented chef, Hassan is truly rewarding as it shows that our staff behind the scenes are noticed for their efforts. I have gladly shared your comments with the team.

Doha, Ad Dawhah, Qatar
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I live in Doha so I didn't stay for the night. I was actually there for a conference. Food was amazing and the service was quick, friendly staff, very nice architecture. Would definitely visit again. Keep it up

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Savino L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback following your recent visit to Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park.

We really appreciate positive feedback from Qatar residents such as yourself and it is great to know that you will definitely visit us again.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon to our hotel.