“Mr first choice...”

Ranked #14 of 133 Hotels in Doha
Amman, Jordan
“Mr first choice...”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a few nights on a business trip, overall it is a great hotel, service is average, the employees are very friendly and welcoming.

Because I am a Gold member of the IHG club they upgraded my room to a suite at no extra charge which was a very nice gesture, the suite is spacious and very nice.

I think the waiters need more training, I had breakfast daily in the restaurant and a customer asked the waiter which butter is the regular butter from the 2 choices, the waiter didn't know the answer and was looking around for any other waiter to get an answer and save his face, it happened that I was behind that customer and I answered his question.

Another incident happened that there was no one at the omelet station and I asked the waiter to call for the person in charge (after waiting for exactly 3 minutes), the waiter went to his friends the other waiters and just stood their chatting and laughing, I left the station and went to him and asked him why he didn't call anyone since I asked to do so? he just mumbled and didn't answer, he said he will go now..... I didn't have breakfast that day...

When I checked in I noticed their is no soap nor shampoo in the toilette, as I went down I asked the reception to send soap and shampoo to the room, when I came back I found a dozen small bottles of everything and half a dozen of soaps.

I am not sure if it was just out of generosity (I am sure I will not use all of that in 4 days) or just that the housekeeper have been given a warning from his/her boss about it.

The other thing I noticed is the inconsistency when arranging the room; they forget certain towels one day, they arranged the bed differently everyday and so, I have no problem with those things as long as the room was clean.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Savino L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I am happy to know that you enjoyed our suites and more importantly the service provided by our people.

Your comments regarding the service at our main restaurant, guestroom amenities and Housekeeping services have been addressed with the concerned departments in order to avoid such incidents in the future. Please accept my sincere apology for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Doha
Reviewed October 6, 2013

The hotel ptrovides a nice secluded place for relaxation in a reasonably close proximity to the airport.
The bar next to the swimming pool on the 7th floor provides an added comfort zone.
The best revue i left it to the breakfast buffet and its staff. The mini pizza chef, Hassan, is attentive to your needs if you prefer crispier or not so crispy pizzas. Everyone should taste these delicacies some made with cheese others with meat and others with zaatar. I saw many customers coming back for seconds and beyond, as soon as they come from the oven, and Hassan was happy to oblige. His hands were in the oven the whole time, the poor guy. You could practically have a full breakfast feasting on these delicacies. Do not forget to get once there.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and other travelers here on Tripadvisor.

It is delightful to hear that you found our hotel to be “a nice secluded place for relaxation” as we like to think of it as a place where our guests find the restoration and energy they need to continue their journey of success.

Your feedback regarding the mini pizzas prepared by our talented chef, Hassan is truly rewarding as it shows that our staff behind the scenes are noticed for their efforts. I have gladly shared your comments with the team.

Doha, Ad Dawhah, Qatar
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I live in Doha so I didn't stay for the night. I was actually there for a conference. Food was amazing and the service was quick, friendly staff, very nice architecture. Would definitely visit again. Keep it up

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Savino L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback following your recent visit to Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park.

We really appreciate positive feedback from Qatar residents such as yourself and it is great to know that you will definitely visit us again.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon to our hotel.

Haderslev, Denmark
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Business trip to Doha.
Don´t think I need to write other than I can confirm all the other positive references made by other visitors.
Noted is the personal that makes the whole difference in a good hotel.
Well done.

Room Tip: The suite is fantastic
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Savino L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and the Tripadvisor community!

It is an absolute pleasure to know that our staff made all the difference during your recent stay with us.

Encouraging comments such as yours keep us motivated to create an enjoyable stay for our guests.

Crowne Plaza Doha - The business Park
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Stayed free of charge as a potential corporate client. Hotel is nice and well equipped however...

Room service appalling - every meal I rceived had something wrong with it from undercooked salmon to missing items and just simply getting the order wrong.

Also leak in bathroom as I had unpacked I couldnt be bothered to change rooms but was stunned that room service didnt spot the massive puddle being formed in my bathroom every day....

Will notbe staying there again and they will not receive the contract for corporate business.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park.

It is very disappointed to know that your stay at our hotel was not up to your expectations. Please rest assured that your comments have been addressed with the concerned departments to meet and exceed the expectations of our guests.

I would be happy to discuss this matter with you personally in case your time permits. Please feel free to contact me directly on email address: savino.leone@ihg.com or phone number +974 44087777.

Crowne Plaza Doha - The business Park
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I live in Qatar, but decided to stay as I had a business meeting close by, and the traffic in Doha is horrendous.
Great room, attentive staff.
The staff in the restaurant appearred to be on another planet!

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Savino L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park and for sharing your feedback.

I am happy to know that after you have decided to stay with us on a whim, you enjoyed our rooms and the service provided by our staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon to our hotel.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I stayed in a Presidential Suite for two nights. Below is my review of the room and amenities I used.

Check in: Smooth process with well informed, pleasant staff.

Suite: The suite was in the residential tower of the building. The space was roomy with a little entrance hall containing nice vases. On the whole though, the feeling of the room was not luxurious or indulgent which was the purpose of me booking this suite. I was told that it was one of the best rooms in the hotel. The amenities in the room were terrible. The bath products were a hodge podge of different brands and for the most part, looked cheap and nasty, with the exception of a White Company body lotion and hair conditioner. I was told later that stocks of the White Company had run out. No ladies' sanitary bag in the bathroom the first night. For an average five star hotel room, this was well below par. For a Presidential Suite - I expected better. The Presidential Suite comes with use of the executive lounge.

The airconditioning in the bedroom was different to the living area. Despite setting the temperature the same for the two areas, the smaller bedroom was much hotter and I woke both nights overheated. Not sure if there is a problem with the thermostat in the bedroom of the room in which I stayed. The living area was much bigger yet remained cool at the set temperature.

The only real bonus to having the Presidential Suite was the space, two toilets and two tvs. I would much rather have just one toilet and just one tv and have a proper range of toiletries from a reputable brand. From traveller photos on tripadvisor, there is very little discernable difference between the decor of the Presential Suite and other rooms.

Spa: Despite the hotel being a year old, the spa is not yet fully functional, offering only massages at the moment. I presume in time, facials and other treatments will be added. No music played during my one hour Swedish massage which was not ideal, especially when voices from the changing room could be heard. At a price of 300 rials, the cost was fair. The massage was fine and I particularly liked the facial massage at the end.

Breakfast: The breakfast selection is just ok. It's up to standard for a five star hotel, but it's not top end and I think the 115 rial charge is unjustified for what you get. Service fluctuated between very pleasant and eager, to completely indifferent. The indifferent woman refused to seat me when I asked for a booth saying that I could go look for myself and she didn't take my hot drink order. This is unacceptable.

Executive lounge: Best used at dinner time, between 6 and 8pm alcoholic drinks are served and there is a selection of food on offer. Some hot dishes, canapes and desserts. I think you could make this dinner if you wanted to. Throughout the day non-alcoholic drinks and small cookies and slices of cake are served. Though nice and presentable, this is probably not one of the more generous executive lounges I have used. The orange juice however, is delicious.

Summary: The staff are the closest thing to being five star at this hotel. Special thanks to Vish for being very accommodating and helpful. For what I was after, a relaxing treat away, I think my money would have been better spent getting a regular room at one of the five star hotels in the West Bay area. The price of my room was quoted at 1500 rials a night.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank MsHellfire
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your detailed feedback with us and the Tripadvisor community.

We appreciate your constructive feedback regarding our Suites, Spa, Breakfast and Executive Lounge. Please accept my apology for not meeting your expectations in certain areas.

Also, I would like to thank you for your special mention of our Reception Supervisor, Vish and the team who you found helpful and accommodating.

We hope to welcome you back for an enjoyable stay at our hotel on your next visit to Doha.