“Best Crowne Plaza I stayed in ever...”

Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park
Ranked #14 of 136 Hotels in Doha
Reviewed December 10, 2012

This brand new hotel is really a gem. Very modern and well equiped. Staff is super friendly and I got a personal attendant waiting for me. The suite I was offered (free upgrade because loyal customer of IHG) was tremendous. Very large with living room and second (guest) bathroom. There was also a door to the adjacent room in case you travel with staff or personal security.
At the two office desks in the room there were power sockets that can receive any type of plug. Also the airconditioning can be operated separately between living and sleeping area. Internet really worked well and fast, including with VPN connection.
Breakfast is more than complete. Only potential minor point can be is that the location is a bit isolated, albeit very close to airport and new conference center.
It's maybe the third time I classify a hotel 5 stars but this one is worth it (and I have stayed in many hundreds of hotels)

Room Tip: As there's some construction going on outside, try to book the higher floors. The suites are be...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Savino L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Doha-The Business Park!

We are delighted to receive your positive feedback regarding your stay with us.Your praise for our facilities and service is gratefully received.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon to our hotel.

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park

Reviewed December 10, 2012

My week long visit to this property was filled was an abundance of annoying and minor issues that were just hard to overlook.

To start, I had arranged car service through the hotel directly for a transfer from the Airport to the Hotel on arrival. I approached the Counter at the airport that I was told to go to and no one was there to assist me. I waiting about ten minutes before a gentleman showed up. The driver wasn’t there yet and was told to just wait. Meanwhile, another three people going to my same hotel were whisked away as soon as they approached the counter. After a 30 minute wait my pre-arranged transportation was finally available.

Now, while minor, after traveling for 28 hours the absolute last thing I wanted was to be held up because of simple transportation.

The hotel is very modern and nice, it’s presented well, and it’s very clean, and even smells nice. After the check in process I made it to my room, a Diplomatic Suite. The room was nicely laid out and was visually appealing and most importantly very clean. After sleeping for the next 14 hours to get adjusted I was starving so room service was in order.

I ordered the Crowne Club without Tomato, Chocolate Cake, and a Pepsi. The order was repeated back to me exactly how I requested yet it still showed up with Tomato! Why do I make such a point about it? Because it happened time and time again. I ordered room service three times; they got it right ZERO times. We already discussed the first. Second time was a salad and just a glass with a few slices of lemon and apparently that is a large request, furthermore, it must have been an overwhelming task for them as just a simple salad took over 35 minutes. The third time was more of the same, incorrect items. I finally called the manager and he apologized and refunded my money for one of the three incorrect meals.

While we are talking about food let me touch on breakfast for a minute. It is a buffet style breakfast that didn’t change in the seven nights I stayed, exact same offerings every single day, no changes at all. The “hot items” were closer to room temperature to cool. The “cold items” such as fruit, milk, juices were also room temperature. There were tasty items but far from anything grand. I had to beg for milk or cream for my coffee on a daily basis and most days didn’t receive it although I had asked for it three separate times to two staff members.

As for the room itself, there were several minor annoyances:
Sofa and Chairs were very hard and uncomfortable
TV constantly shut off on its own while switching channels
Air Conditioner didn’t maintain a temperature and also shut off on its own periodically
Closet light would come on throughout the night for some reason but very bothersome
Bed wasn’t very comfortable, wasn’t horrible, but not great either
Toilet was installed so close to the wall you almost have to sit sideways on the toilet
You have to leave your key in a spot on the wall for the lights to work which will make you forget it and leave it in the room. I’m assuming it’s an energy saving measurement but a goofy one at that.

The one promise I can make is nobody is going to go anywhere close to out of their way to assist you with anything. If you chose this property my recommendation would be coming with the attitude that everything will be wrong and hard to get so you won’t be overly disappointed. Too bad the Hilton was booked since they are my property of choice. They are far from perfect too but I at least know my Diamond status would have been mentioned and taken into consideration with them.

In all fairness, the night I was leaving I received a call from the Assistant Manager, Jasmine just asking about my stay and I told her about all of my issues. She was very apologetic and said she would correct the issues I had experienced and offered to comp my transportation back to the airport which I greatly appreciated but it wasn't enough. For me the stay was almost complete and it wasn't a great one.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your comments regarding your stay at Crowne Plaza Doha-The Business Park.

I am deeply disappointed to know that your stay with us was less than pleasurable. We are aware that you have faced some inconveniences which prevented you from getting the most out of your stay.

Please note that your comments have been communicated to the concerned departments and corrective measurements have been taken to avoid similar incidents in the future.

I would like to discuss this matter with you personally if your time permits. Please contact me directly on email address savino.leone@ihg.com

Reviewed December 8, 2012

On a whim, I switched to CPD from what was prob the most nightmarish of hotel experiences in my life. Needless to say, I just wanted to forget about it, check in and enjoy my new hotel room. But there were some frustrating complications with my payment because of a mix up with credit card. Thank god the guest attendant, Omar went above and beyond being helpful and patient throughout the entire process, and my stay.

I must say, the overall service at Crowne Plaza was EXCELLENT, from the guest attendants to restaurant employees to the transportation manager, Hossam! As one example, I remember I fell really ill one morning and they were kind enough to fetch medicine for me from the local pharmacy (I had no idea where it was) <3 I really truly got the feeling that they care for their guests at Crowne Plaza Doha :)

My only disappointment was that the shower seemed to be flooding in my room. There was also a drop in the wifi network, but that was quickly sorted out.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay at Crowne Plaza Doha-The Business Park!

We are happy to know that our people helped you get the most out of your stay. We are constantly motivated by positive comments such as yours to go above and beyond in creating a successful stay for our guests.

Your praise for our Front Desk Agent, Omar and Guest Relations Officer, Hossam is gratefully received and has been shared with the team.

We look forward to welcoming back to our hotel.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Very good attitude among the personnel. They felt pride in their work and really tried their best to make this a good stay. Extra kudos to the restaurant personnel that took care of my gluten intolerance in a very nice way. And to the charming and professional waiter Anu that was a pleasure to meet and talk with. I specially liked the will to improve what was not perfect. If they continue like this the hotel will soon be the best hotel in Doha, and that was a general atmosphere among all of the staff - Well done to the staff manager!. Will certainly stay there the next time I am in Doha. As it is a new hotel the rooms were very nice (except from the flooding of the bathroom when having a shower). The only real miss was that the cleaning team threw away my half-finished Sudoko from beside my bed.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Savino L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Doha-The Business Park!

We are happy to know that the highlight of your stay was the service of our people. It is true that we are constantly trying to improve our services in order to create a successful stay for our guests and it is a pleasure to know that our people did just that.

Your positive comments will be shared with our Restaurant Supervisor, Anu and the team.

We apologize for the missed Sudoku by your bed and we hope to welcome you shortly with a new Sudoku ready for you to tackle in your room.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

I went there as a delegate of UNFCCC COP18 Climate Negotiations. I heard that the hotel was launched a couple of days before my arrival! From outside it looks very modern. From inside it's very clean and luxurious. The food is good. It is close to the airport as well. The last floor has an open air pool and jacuzzi but I didn't have the chance to try them. Staff is very friendly. Wifi is available everywhere. I think this hotel is very good for business and friends but not so romantic for couples.

Room Tip: Some rooms are not easy to locate, but if you understand the "Mickey mouse" layout of the...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and the Tripadvisor community!

It is absolutely delightful to host some the United Nations delegates who took part in the UNFCCC COP 18 Climate Negotiations. It has been very interesting for us to see the engagement of locals and residents in a global cause taking place right here in Qatar.

We also strive to do our part and help the community by reducing energy usage when possible and providing our guests with a chance to make a difference by choosing the Environment Friendly In-Room option.

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel to enjoy our pool and Jacuzzi as well as an array of treatments in our Spa.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

The hotel rooms are good. I had to work for an afternoon in the hotel and the rooms were well equipped for working. The service was slow in some places especially in the bar. The shower leaks onto the bathroom floor which is disappointing in a new hotel. On checkout I was told that room service breakfast was not included in the room rate this was not explained on check in. After some discussion on check out this was removed. Overall the hotel was very good and as it is newly open the service will only get better. Turning off all the lights was difficult and finally slept with the small reading light on.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Savino L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at Crowne Plaza Doha-The Business Park. Valuable guest comments such as yours motivate us to continue improving our services further.

We are happy to know that you enjoyed our rooms and found them well equipped for working. However, I am sorry to know that you have faced some inconveniences during your stay with us and I hope that this will not keep us from welcoming you back on your next visit to Doha.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for at least a month and i booked the club floor which gave me access to the lounge. First, the hotel is brand new and good. there were some complications in the beginning like the overflow of water in the bathroom which I can see has been mentioned by others already. but all in all it was manageable. the staff of the hotel are very kind and very friendly. even the housekeeping staff who i catch in my room sometimes are very polite and always with a smile. this is the best thing that struck me the staff. the girls up in the lounge are always smiling and are ever friendly. i stayed for a month, and in the beginning it was always just me until it got busy. i want to say thank you to hem specially because they always made me laugh and were always ready to assist me with whatever i needed. this girl there named Maxine si quite a character. she is smart and she spent many many times talking to me about the world. we have spoken about politics (we celebrated the president's re-election) to family and this says a lot about the people they hire in this hotel. (i even introduced her ot my wife thru skype!) i just want to give a big thanks to her as she kept me from going crazy from work and being away from my family. she is very sensible to talk to and charismatic and smart! reminds me of my own daughter. so to all the staff in this beautiful hotel, thank you and i will be back soon.

ps. the beds are divine!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Savino L, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2012

Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Doha-The Business Park!

We are delighted to receive your positive feedback regarding our facilities and our people.

It gives us great pleasure to know that you found our staff polite and always with a smile.

Your comments regarding our Housekeeping team and Club Floor Supervisor, Maxine have been shared with the team and it gives us great pride to know that our people are making a difference.

We look forward to welcoming you back in our hotel.