“Great American food - but stop the smoking!”
Review of American Grill

American Grill
Ranked #456 of 944 Restaurants in Doha
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Reviewed June 20, 2012

If you like American food this is a great place with a great selection of drinks. It was very popular with the tv sporting crowd who turned up to watch various matches that were being shown. A real shame about the smoke. All my clothes had to go the drycleaner.

1  Thank EBoultbee

Reviewed June 7, 2012

I took my son there when visiting in Nov 2011 and thought we'd have a great steak, but we found what looked like a rubber band and hair in the food. We were grossed out. Manager gave a discount on the meal. Place has nostalgic photos of US movie stars, and before I had a good hamburger there, but never went back after bad experience.

Reviewed May 11, 2012

The American Grill in the Somerset Tower in West Bay offers a wide selection of sandwiches and salads. Their Chinese Chicken salad is excellent and the price is right @ QR35. The offer philly steak or chicken philly sandwiches and a good meat ball sub on a soft roll.

They also offer reasonable priced dinner entres such as steak, grilled hammour and grilled shrimp with a good selection of sides.

The atmospere is nice but the evening I dined is was rather cold inside. The service is excellent and it so far has never been crowded. I think if they advertised a bit more they would attract many nmore dnners from the surrounding West Bay hotels.

They offer delivery.

Reviewed April 24, 2012

My expectations were high having been referred by colleagues. Whilst the place and service at the bar was top notch, the food was not and the price did not justify its quality. Choosing a knife is novel, the wine list is extensive, the Yorkshire pudding starte is too much and taseless. The steak was avearge (Fillet), the cheesecake sweet was the best i have ever tasted. The cheese board however was at the other end of the scale, utterly awful. It was a long board consisiting of a 2 large chunk of both Danish blue and Cheddar and would you belive parmesan, accompanied by Horse radish and Mustard with biscuits. I gave feedback to the waiter who just didnt understand, suggesting the supplier had let them down. I suggest the chef needs to completely re-think this dish omitting the parmesan block, mustard and horse raddish.

Reviewed April 13, 2012

It is nice but a simple restaurant. it is really off my road, nothing speacial but good... i wont go there again as nothing makes me go there for anything speacial.

Been to American Grill? Share your experiences!