“Simply Wonderful. Doha's Finest.”

New York Steakhouse
Ranked #23 of 849 Restaurants in Doha
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Be stunned by this restaurant's setting and traditional steakhouse feel. A truly memorable dining experience embodying the rich tradition of fine American steakhouses, sip a drink at the sleek bar while you're here.
“Simply Wonderful. Doha's Finest.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

Words cannot describe how wonderful my recent experience was at the New York Steakhouse, Doha. We made the reservation to celebrate my completion of my University Degree and my Graduation. From making the reservation, the service we received was impeccable. On arrival, staff were attentive, polite, well mannered and ensured that we were happy with our table. We ordered two steaks with accompaniments, one fillet and one sirloin. The steaks were cooked to perfection and I would highly recommend the black peppercorn sauce to go with it as it was spectacular. The waitress was very attentive and we were also offered a selection of knives to choose from for our steaks. The best part of the meal however was saved until last, by complete surprise the waitress gave me a personalised dessert congratulating me on my graduation, and this personalised touch and service is what sets this restaurant apart from its counterparts. The cheesecake was unlike other cheesecakes I have had before and I'd highly recommend it to anyone who has a liking for this kind of dessert. I cannot praise this restaurant highly enough. If you are a meat lover, look no further than New York Steakhouse at the Marriott.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank adameneser
Robert C, Director of Beverage & Food at New York Steakhouse, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Well……Thank you for selecting the New York Steak House to celebrate your Graduation (congratulations on the Graduation) and for such fantastic comments on the steaks and service received. The team will be delighted by such feedback and we do look forward to welcoming you back soon.

“Good food and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

Friendly and efficient service with a nice selection of salads (I liked the Beetroot salad) and steaks. Expensive though

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank LBdiscoveries
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent visit to the New York Steakhouse. The New York team is delighted to hear that you had a great experience and your appreciation of the quality of our steaks is well received. Thank you once again for your comments and do visit us at New York Steakhouse soon.
“Not so good......!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

I went to visit this place with my friend. Actually, the real plan was to go to sports bar but then it was too crowded when we went there. We are bit disappointed so we decided to go to this talk of the town steakhouse. At the door, we felt not welcome already cause i dont know if she is the hostess or server ( they're all having the same uniform ) and she didn't say anything which is so annoying. So my friend and i just went straightly to the table near the bar. ( Cool place actually!!!! But nothing special... ) That girl from the door followed us to the table carrying the menu. She just gave the menu to us without saying anything. One waiter approached us which actually changed our bad mood. He was so good in explaining every detail of the food from the menu. ( Thumbs up!!) We ordered for dry martini for a start but the barman prepared us extra dry. We straightly ordered for the main course cause that dinner was really out of the plan. We order for the steak which is so great! Perfectly cooked the way we wanted.
Overall, the experience was not so bad but not so good!!

3 Thank Martin D
Robert C, Director of Beverage & Food at New York Steakhouse, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Hello Martin,
Thank you for visiting us in the New York Steakhouse and for taking time to share the detailed feedback of your visit. Whilst you did have a good experience in general it is disappointing to see that we have fallen short of expectations in regard to your arrival experience. It is however, with such feedback that we can endeavor to continually improve our product and service and this point has been reviewed by the New York team. Thank you once again for your comments and we hope to welcome you back to the New York Steakhouse soon.
Doha, Qatar
“For y'all who love steaks...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

I was ordering a kobe steak during my first visit and I was quite disappointed. I ordered it to be a medium rare but what served was a medium well. Still I was impressed with the service and the lobster soup and hence decided to give it another try.

In my second visit I had a wagyu steak and this time it was perfectly done. The service was brilliant as usual and the lobster still as amazing as I remembered.

I hope what happened during my first visit wont happen again. Given the wonderful experience during my second visit I would say this is the only place in Doha I would recommend for all you steak lovers out there.

2 Thank JacqueFoo
Robert C, Director of Beverage & Food at New York Steakhouse, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Hello “JacqueFoo”

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your comments on your visits to the New York Steakhouse. Your recommendation as "the only place for steak in Doha" is a fantastic testimony to the entire team and they will be delighted to receive such comments. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you back soon

Regards
“This is a winner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

Wow - What a great steak! The chefs certainly know what they are doing as our steaks were cooked to perfection and the meat was of exceptional quality. The service is 10 out of 10 and I highly recommend this restaurant. As I live in Doha, I will be going back frequently but if you are a visitor and love steak, then this is THE place for you.

1 Thank SpecialTV
Hello “SpecialTV”
Thank you for visiting us at the New York Steak House and for your time taken to share your experience with us. Your comments on the quality of our steaks and service are much appreciated and the team will be motivated by such praise. Thank you once again for your comments and your loyalty and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.