“great rolls but lack of communication”
Review of Oishi Sushi

Oishi Sushi
Ranked #330 of 908 Restaurants in Doha
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Oishi Sushi serves the best royal rolls with the spicy mayo. I go there everytime I crave sushi and take some for takeaway. One thing is that they run out of them sometimes so they serve something different when you order them. I prefer if they tell me that its is sold out instead of getting something different. Plus, they told me that they have delivery so one day I planned a sushi night at home for two people and when I called they said minumum price 250 QR for them to deliver to my house which was a bit disappointing that I had to change my plans.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

The sushi was OK. The spicy salmon maki was very good but every thing else was average. The California maki ( Royal roll) had too much mayonnaise that it was almost inedible. The cheese in the Doha roll was as if its like kiri cheese, it definitely didn't taste like the regular cheese used in this kind of maki. However, the rice tasted very fresh. However, the place is a bit pricy for the quality: for 3 rolls (6 pieces each) with edamame it was 220 riyals.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

My family love the private rooms, great for groups and special occasions. Ambiance and decor are nice- paper walls, sliding doors and chairs and tables are low-rise. Hot towels were available. Food was ok. Others may find it bland but Japanese food are in general bland - sushi, sashimi, tempura, etc. as compared to other Oriental and East Asian cuisine. They have kiddie meals which other Japanese or East Asian restaurants in Doha do not have. Would love to bring my friends some time.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

We have tried the restaurant for the first time since we find the location in the mall pretty inconvenient for us as our family is not really a mall-explorer nor shopper.

At first, we were impressed with the private rooms for family. But when we tasted the food and experienced the service, we realized that it is not much value for money.

We ordered bento boxes. Bland. Does not taste authentic - a shame since we really love sushi!

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Japanese restaurant with Japanese chef great service I ordered delivery many times , thank you Oishi Sushi always my favorite restaurant