“Worst service” 1 of 5 bubbles

Oishi Sushi
Ranked #289 of 836 Restaurants in Doha
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Cancun, Mexico
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

We have been waiting for 2 hours for the sushi to be delivered, the driver does not speak english and do not know addresses in Doha. The driver called us and we provided him again with the address, however, he mentioned "no problem sir we will find it". After 2 hours we called the restaurant to follow up with the order and suddenly mentioned that the order was cancelled as the driver could not locate the place. The least we excpect is to receive a call advising that our order was cancelled. Clearly a misunderstanding between manager, staff and driver. IT IS UNACCEPTABLE!

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Hanna B

• Arabic first
Doha, Qatar
“Lovely Sushi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

Excellent diversity, good service, value for money. Some days you have a fix price and you can eat as you can.

Visited January 2012
1 Thank Handerson L
Helsinki, Finland
“Nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2012

Really nothing special except for the sushi belt which I didn't see moving because I went there too late. Another thing I didn't see is Unagi in my plate. They didn't have any which screwed up all my plans since I wanted a roll with unagi and some unagi nigiri and they didn't have any.
So I settled for some other stuff which was quite bad I must say. I think it was the Oishi roll with boiled tuna and it felt like cat food... Also I had some Ikura and they smelled a bit old.
I have luxury taste when it comes to sushi, but this really doesn't make the list...

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank marcool
Doha, Qatar
“Sashimi needs to be improved!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2012

The beef tataki is ok and the noodle is not bad. But the sashimi is just surprisingly bad...I remember when having my first bite on the salmon you can feel that it was just being defrosted and there was still ice on the sashimi. That was just unacceptable.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank JacqueFoo
marshall islands
“Meh.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2012

Bland. Think shopping mall food court sushi joint and that's pretty much the quality you'll find here.

Visited January 2012