InterContinental Doha The City
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Pool
1,447 results
All reviewssquare restaurantstrata barprime restaurantthe club loungeexcellent servicewest bayconcierge teamroom servicespecial thankssecond homehealth clubbusiness tripexcellent hotelrooftop poolin room diningtaking careshopping mall
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I only had one night here but this was a very nice place. The staff was very friendly and they treated me well for only staying one night. The room service was great and the room was immaculate. The bathroom was one of a kind. The only issue I had was with the shower. If you stay in too long it will start to overflow.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
General Manager G, General Manager at InterContinental Doha The City, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2013

Dear mergreen11,

Your stay was short but sweet and we hope to see you back here soon.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I stayed at the Intercontinental Doha The City for 5 nights in April, visiting a friend who was also staying in the hotel.

What can I say - it was a fantastic experience! The check-in was friendly and fast and I was upgraded to a club room. The room was very well laid out and appointed, with a lounge area, desk for working, a huge bed and amazing views over Doha.

The food and drink (particularly alcohol) is quite expensive in Doha, so I definitely recommend finding the happy hours which at least give 2 drinks for the price of 1! Strata Bar on the 56th floor was a favourite - great views and service.

The buffet breakfast in the Square was good value, with a wide choice of food, friendly staff and fairly peaceful environment.

The hotel is also in a very good location for accessing the City, with 2 big Malls within a 10 minute walk.

Highly recommend this hotel - had a great stay!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Vikki S

Dear Vikki S,

Wow! What a great review. Many Thank for these positively uplifting comments. Strata is amazing, we pride ourselves with that view. We hope to see back soon.

Kind Regards

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Modern, clean, quiet, well appointed with excellent staff in every department. 5 (or was it 6?) restaurants and a friendly bar with non-intrusive sports channels. Excellent buffet breakfast with a wide variety of food able to satisfy the cultural diversity of the guests. So why "nearly brilliant?"

It's expensive (£7 for a small bottle of Becks) and smoky, but that's Qatar rather than specifically this hotel. The lifts are slow (this is an issue with over 40 floors), another guest's luggage was left in my room and their clothes hung in my wardrobe. The maid left their key card in my room - presumably this was a master key and would have allowed me access to other rooms.

So not quite there but nice enough. I stayed for 12 nights at the end of April on the 38th floor.

2  Thank GrimbutSmileyinside
General Manager G, General Manager at InterContinental Doha The City, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2013

Dear GrimbutSmileyinside,

Many Thanks for your feedback. Your comments are duly noted. Thank you for the positive opinion about the breakfast buffet.

The Management

Reviewed April 25, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel 3 times now – March 2012, June 2012 and again April 2013., for probably a total of 10-12 nights. It is a most beautiful building, convenient location, with spacious well appointed rooms and great views of the evolving cityscape of Doha, which is particularly pretty at night when lit up. The staff are extremely friendly and attentive, as you would expect in the Middle East. The location is good, although it still gets confused with the old InterContinental in West Bay Lagoon.

In the three times that I have stayed here some things have improved. The rooms have been de-snagged, and cleaned properly, as on my first couple of stays it was obvious that the hotel had just been built. Although speaking to fellow guests some had moved to other rooms, with some fixtures that weren’t working – I only had a couple of lights out on this trip. All of the restaurants are now open giving more variety, although I think that they are better choices in Doha.

The in room dining is hit and miss – a Nasi Goreng with Satay, that didn’t contain Satay, and a Cream Mushroom Sauce that didn’t have any cream but a mild curry flavour. This said the steak was excellent. They did try to replace the sauce but 20 minutes after the meal had been finished. When feeding back this to the F&B Director he advised that the hotel was still under “soft opening” which was an excuse given on the previous two stays, and has been on-going since February 2012 – I wouldn’t mind but this is still not publicised, and surely should be as good as it’s going to get now nearly 18 months in. Nor is it reflected in the rates.

The Club Lounge is a great space half of which is like a living room lounge, the other with a more formal dining room set-up. There is very little variety for the evening snacks, and the staff are severely overstretched and undermanned, despite their best efforts to accommodate all of the guests.

TIP: You can wait up to 15 minutes for your car to be returned by the valet as I experienced again on a couple of occasions on this trip again. The hotel has two entrances one for the hotel (where the reception is) and one for the residences. Once checked-in if you have a car use the valet at the residences entrance it is far quicker, and you can pick-up taxis from there too.

It has all the hallmarks of a world class hotel, but unfortunately the service levels and snagging after 1 ½ years after opening still haven’t been resolved. It could be so much more, which is the main disappointment, and one of the reasons I will probably choose to return to the old InterContinental in West Bay Lagoon, despite it showing its age.

Room Tip: A room with a view of the city is a must.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
General Manager G, General Manager at InterContinental Doha The City, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2013

Dear Vigggen,

Thank you for taking the time to write this detailed review. The team are looking into the specifics and are working on improving the overall guest satisfaction. We are grateful for the positive observations and apologize for all the negative experiences.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Being quite new and located in a great area in Doha, I had some high expectations for this hotel. Unfortunately this hotel did not meet those expectations. The room that I was allocated (3014) was significantly smaller than the rooms that my colleagues were given, despite the rate being the same. When I brought this to the hotel's attention I was told that 'that's just the way it is designed'. I stayed in this hotel for 5 nights and on the first night I noticed that my shower was broken. It was constantly set onto scalding temperature no matter how much I turned the dial. I asked for this to be fixed every day and upon checkout the matter was still not fixed. There was a drainage problem in the bathroom and so every evening the room would smell like sewage.

On top of this, every morning in the early hours, I was woken up by the mosque nearby. When I asked for some earplugs I was told that was not possible.

On the plus side, the breakfast is very good although City Centre Mall is quite close by if you want a cheaper option.

Overall, I was very disappointed with this hotel and the lack of customer service that I received. Although the staff were all very pleasant during check in or throughout the day, they were not able to handle any issues that would come about on a daily basis.

Room Tip: 3005 is a very spacious room with great views
3  Thank Vicky R

Dear Vicky R,

Thank you for giving us your feedback and comments. Please note, all of them are duly noted and we are working on improving our service levels as well as the plumbing issues. We apologize for all the inconveniences caused during your stay.

Kind regards,