“Pool and Gym up in the Sky”

InterContinental Doha The City
Ranked #9 of 140 Hotels in Doha
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Just completing its first year of operation, the hotel floors combined with level-separated service apartments offer the best of both worlds. In an already crowded and competitive hospitality market, this property features a good mix of luxury at competitive rates. The suites are well appointed and very quiet. Excellent Friday buffet lunch at the Square restaurant on the second floor. My favorite though must be the gym and the outdoor heated pool on level 46, with fabulous views of the city, great during the day and spectacular in the evenings. Overall a first class product in a very convenient location!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Rudi M
General Manager G, General Manager at InterContinental Doha The City, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2013

Dear Rudi M,

We are extremely grateful for wonderful guests like you! Your positive and uplifting comments are so motivating for me and my colleagues. Thank you for your support and encouragement.

Renzo M. Cavagliotti

Write a ReviewReviews (1,407)

Reviewed February 13, 2013

I had an argument with the staff of my hotel in Doha and I decided not to stay.

I got in a cab and asked the driver to take me to the nearest hotel, which was the intercontinental.

I arrived 1130 pm and needed to stay for only 8 hours.

Staff were extremely friendly and helpful despite my anger

Check in took less than 10 mins. I was offered a good rate. I stayed on the 38th floor, the room was excellent, and don't get me started on how amazing the view was.

One night in that room made me forget about my bad argument! Didn't have the chance to try out the food, but I will be going back there soon!

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Mohamed A

Dear Mohamed A,

We are sorry to hear about your bad experience at your previous hotel however we are glad that you picked our hotel as your next option.
We hope you return back soon to try our Food and Beverage options.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Intercontinental Doha the CIty has the best healthclub in Doha, the staff is always friendly, the equipment is always clean, there is a lovely pool & jacuzzi to relax in afterwards. I am very impressed with Liezel as a trainer, as she always motivates a person to go the extra mile, I also really enjoy the group training she provides. She has made a big difference to the ambiance in the gym and i look forward to many more happy training hours !

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Dear Leonie J,

Thank you for your wonderful comments about our health and Ms. Liezel Els. We are very glad to hear that you enjoy our facilities and your classes. We look forward to seeing you up on the 46th floor very often! Enjoy your training.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Stayed there for the COP 18. Upon arrival, I am informed that I have been upgraded, of which I am obviously very grateful. Quite surprised to then encounter that the upgrade is indeed to a three bathroom, monstrous apartment suite. Well, that's almost too much - almost.

In general, very friendly and super service-minded staff - nothing to put a finger on. As for location, I guess it is almost ideal - although Doha is a bit weird in the sense that there is no real downtown area.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Dear Fab5Freddy,

Thank you for your compliment to the staff - ‘very friendly and super service minded staff ‘. It is always uplifting to get positive comments about our colleagues. We hope to see you return to Qatar for another conference.

Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

The best hotel I have stayed in. The only issue that needs addressing is perhaps room freshners be made available throughout the hotel otherwise stay here and you will not be disappointed. I have stayed in most Qatar hotels and this is the top of the list. They also have a complimentary night available if you purchase the Entertainer!! What more can I say? Enjoy your stay. I have no doubt you will!!

• Stayed: February 2013

Dear HutchinsonI,

Thank you for your absolutely wonderful comments and feedback. We are so happy that you think we are top of the list of hotels in Qatar. We look forward to your next visit and feel free to redeem your entertainer voucher.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

As a Royal Ambassador I stay at Intercon properties around the world on a weekly basis. I’ve been using the Doha – City property for a year now and I must say the service is most excellent. On a recent stay I had to use the meeting room in the club lounge and the staff bent over backwards to accommodate all of my requests and made my guests very welcome. In particular, Roxanne Gesta was super helpful. I thoroughly recommend this modern business hotel which also has an excellent restaurant on the 1st floor. A steakhouse with a menu to impress me (a vegetarian). The falafel burger is amazing.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
General Manager G, General Manager at InterContinental Doha The City, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2013

Dear Alex J

Thanks for this amazing review! It has been an absolute pleasure reading it!

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Our stay at ic the city doha not forget throughout our lives

I was stayed there one week almost and I am & my family is really enjoyed with stay at this hotel
If we arrival at the hotel the manager of front office mr danial 'from germany' & wael othman and the staffs too welcoming and helpful, Very friendly & extremely polite staff, easy & quick check in and check out, free ,Fast internet wife, Good room rates, Graet upgrade as I a member.
Realy I have a comfortable stay,great location,Rooms are just amazing, very spacious with wonderfull view. Bathroom is larg , service is great. Buffet breakfast is very good.
Just I have only two things I would have liked to be in the future in hotel:Make Private pool in women To fit the culture of the community,Also were loud music we hear everywhere in the hotel I hope canceled that.
It is centrally located, walking distance to the Doha financial towers and the city center mall.
Would certainly come again on my next leisure trip

Stayed january 2013 traveled on Family & leisure trip

Room Tip: ambassador suite