InterContinental Doha The City
$113
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
1,457 results
All reviewssquare restaurantstrata barprime restaurantthe club loungeexcellent servicewest bayconcierge teamroom servicespecial thankssecond homehealth clubbusiness tripexcellent hotelrooftop poolin room diningtaking careshopping mall
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Visited The Interconti in November.
Room I was offered turned out to have a connecting door . i asked for non smoking room.
at midnight I woke up as from the connecting door heavy smoke from a cigarette (or 10 cigarettes) came into my room. It tokk several phone calls and discussions to change and find a room.
This room had toilettes which where stinking I never experienced. The only good thing was the top floor restaurant. Breakfast by far below avarage.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Doha The City, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Dear mm70,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Doha, Quatar

Orlando A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed January 15, 2013

There is only one problem with this place - taxis can't find it. My colleague's taxi took her to the OTHER Intercontinental, despite me telling the driver, her telling the driver and showing it to him written down. I even had the same problem with a normal metered taxi who just couldn't find the front door.

Hotel is utterly confusing to navigate yourself around, and i stayed for 10 days! However the staff are great, and the rooms are very clean and comfortable. Mini bars are devoid of alcohol for some reason?

Usual problems for me as a vegetarian in this kind of business hotel. I am bored to tears with 'tomato pasta, or we can cook you something'. But you can easily go somewhere else like Cucina or Vapiano like i did.

Overall i prefer the W Hotel, largely because there is more choice of eating and drinking opportunities.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
General Manager G, General Manager at InterContinental Doha The City, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Dear Geoff
Thank you for the subject line - 'Hidden Gem in Doha'.
Please accept our sincerely apologies for the inconveniences experienced during your stay with us.We are due to open one more restaurant this year and this will give our guests more of choice for dining.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

I recently visited Doha for the first time and ended up staying at this hotel. The one thing that really stuck out to me during my time there was the staff. They were extremely friendly and went out of their way way to help out with anything I needed.
During my stay I chose to eat at Strata, Prime, as well as The Square for breakfast. Strata is the seafood restaurant; it is very elegant and modern. Its amazing views of Doha is a must-see, plus their sushi was awesome. Prime is a steakhouse and I had the best steak that I've ever tasted. The Square is a lot more laid back and is a great choice for breakfast, they have a huge buffet with every type of food you'd ever want.
I also frequented their gym quite often and found that the amazing city view from that altitude helped to distract me from my intense workout. It was also extremely clean with new towels and water bottles at each machine, and the staff always greeted me with big smiles.
All in all it was a great trip and I couldn't have been more pleased with my stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

Dear KarenPJ78

Thank you for your wonderful comments. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed our dining options and the gym. We are very proud of the amazing views, we aim to please all our guests with great service and food and it is always great to hear these positive opinions. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

If you're tired of always having to have the unnecessary 5* trappings when you're on a business trip in Doha then this is the place. Its well located, great service ( thank you for the rapid provision of a sewing kit to avoid a wardrobe malfunction before a big meeting), big comfortable rooms that are simply and comfortably done.
Two small gripes - the scrambled egg at breakfast just looked sad and the shower door and bathroom door fight each other - its an awkward piece of design that a guest shouldn't have to do battle with.
Its only been one night but I would certainly be back.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear lucy u

Thank you for your feedback from your short stay with us. We look forward to having you back at the hotel very soon.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Pros
My Ambassador status was recognised immediately upon check in and was upgraded to an executive room which was by far the biggest room we had occupied in our 3 week trip so far. The choice of 3 welcome gifts to choose from and the fruit platter in the room served to sweeten the entire check-in experience.
The strength of the hotel lies in the attitude of the multi-national staff. Almost all we came across served with an attitude to please. As my main luggage had gone missing during my flight, the concierge crew was especially helpful taking the initiative to call the airport for updates. Needless to say, they were also present when the airline representative brought my lost luggage over and offered advice and assurance regarding the process involved in making a claim against insurance. another example was at 0430 in the morning during check-out. Our transport we had previously booked, did not show up. The porter immediately swung into action and called a cab for us. We would have been late for our flight if not for this initiative. It is obvious that management has trained their staff well so bravo to management for that.
Areas for improvement
The hotel is barely 2 years old but the glass outside our room window was filthy. The interior of our room was clean, however, whenever one looks out of the window, the entire experience was hampered. Also, the aircon duct was also not as quiet as we would have liked it to be. It was not loud but it was audible and we found that annoying when one was trying to sleep and jet lagged.
In General about Intercontinental
Having experienced the hospitality extended by the likes of the 4 seasons, Ritz Carlton and the Shangri-la, the intercontinental pales in comparison to its competition. The distinctive character of the group did not come through. While the major foundations of a good hotel are in place, the smaller and more unique touches which distinguishes the good from the memorable was not observed during our stay. Little touches like a welcome towel or drink during check-in, a breakfast snack/coffee for guest who check out in the wee hours of the morning before the regular opening hours of their F&B outlets or even unique toiletries which subtlety reminds one that they were guest of the intercontinental group would have enhanced the experience.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
General Manager G, General Manager at InterContinental Doha The City, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Dear Rafflesia
Thank you for all your comments, suggestions and feedback. Please accept our sincerely apologies for the inconveniences experienced during your stay with us. We have taken into consideration all the different aspects you mentioned and rest assured that they are being appropriately handled.