“So good to be back”

InterContinental Doha The City
Ranked #6 of 137 Hotels in Doha
Reviewed December 21, 2012

8 months after my first stay at this hotel, when they first opened, still amazed by the attentiveness of the staff and the warm welcome i had. As soon as stepped into the reception, i was welcomed back, how nice to be remembered.
I was given a club room on the 42nd floor overlooking the city, with amazing view during both, night and day. It was so spacious, lounge area with exceptional fruit amenities. Large desk where you can easily use your laptop and very well lit as well.
The bathroom even more spacious including a shower room, my favourite. The shower head is a rectangular of 20x30cm, that showers you with high pressure of water. Most importantly the temperature of the water was stable and no fluctuation.
There are beautiful lounges and restaurants which i had the chance to try the Strata, on the 56th floor. It is on 2 levels, restaurant on one level and the lounge is on the mezzanine level. I had the smoked lobster, which was smoked freshly using a smoking gun, it is out of this world. As well they smoke drinks. Just wow.
This place is my favourite hotel s far in Doha

Room Tip: Use club rooms
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
General Manager G, General Manager at InterContinental Doha The City, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Dear AlfredM82
Thank you for this great review! What a pleasure to read this. I am glad you enjoyed the shower and the water temperature.
My favourite part of this review is ‘I had the smoked lobster, which was smoked freshly using a smoking gun, it is out of this world. As well they smoke drinks. Just wow.
This place is my favourite hotel far in Doha’
You are more than welcome and we really look forward to having you back in Doha at our property!
Kind regards

Reviewed December 17, 2012

I have used this hotel for business trips since it opened last year.

Convenient central location, spacious and comfortable rooms, good bar and restaurant, well equipped gym and adequate pool. The only thing it misses is an outside pool terrace.

Of course, the most important factor is the friendliness and efficiency of the staff who are first class.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
General Manager G, General Manager at InterContinental Doha The City, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Dear JandJWestSussex

Thank you for your great comments about our ‘first class staff’. It is lovely to hear this. Yes we do pride ourselves in being a great business hotel and this is thanks to loyal customers such as yourselve.
We look forward to your next visit.

Kind regards

Reviewed December 13, 2012

We had a 23-hour layover in Doha on our way back from India to the US, so we decided to spend a day in Doha (which turned out to be a GREAT idea) and we stayed at this hotel. It is within a 5 minute walk to the City Center Mall, and overall very centrally located. Parts of the hotel are still under construction, but we didn't find it bothersome. The whole area around the hotel is like that, in fact but again, it didn't bother me much. The hotel is beautiful and the rooms comfortable and modern. The bathroom was HUGE. Our room faced the back of Doha (towards the Aspire tower) so although it was a great view, I'm sure it wasn't as cool as facing towards the city. We had room service and it was delicious. The staff was also really helpful with helping us with cabs etc. I would definitely come back to Doha and stay again at this hotel. Great job!

Room Tip: I'm sure there's no bad view at this hotel, but I'd ask for a high floor and facing the...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
General Manager G, General Manager at InterContinental Doha The City, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Dear GP110174

It is great that you got to spend time at our hotel during your short layover. Yes our hotel has a great location and that is one of our key selling points. Thank you for all your positive comments and we hope you get to stay with us for a longer time on your next trip.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I was doing a stopover on my way home to Melbourne when I stayed at this hotel. I was very impressed with the level of service and comfort this hotel provides. I was most impressed with the restaurant Prime and my room had excellent views over the city itself even if there was a construction site right next door! In short, i would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
General Manager G, General Manager at InterContinental Doha The City, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2012

Dear GP110174

Thank you for choosing our hotel during your stop over. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed Prime and the view from your room.

We look forward to welcoming you back in 2013. Festive Greetings to you!

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Overall, this is a great place to stay. I was in Doha for a 5 night business trip and booked an executive floor / club room. My room was perfect! Enormous but very nicely appointed with a fabulous sitting room. The bed was absolutely perfect. Fabulous linen, great pillows and a wonderful duvet. I could hardly face leaving it! The bathrooms are great and very well appointed. Everything about my room and bathroom was great apart from the fact that it took ages to get any hot water to the bath or shower.

I would recommend the Club floor as the lounge is fantastic. The staff, especially Miriam, are amazingly helpful and nothing is too much trouble. The food and beverage offerings are great.

The gym is perfect and very well equipped for a hotel gym.

The only things I wouldn't recommend in this hotel is terrible top floor bar. It's sleazy, grubby, smokey and really down market. Don't go! Also the spa / hair dressers is a real disappointment. It's completely unmanaged and I felt quite anxious having a simple hair cut there!

Room Tip: Book on the Club floor.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
General Manager G, General Manager at InterContinental Doha The City, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Dear Iyad73,
Thank you for your review and for being a Priority Club member, we value your loyalty to our brand and hotels .Please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you have experienced and if your stay was negatively affected by the overall design. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are very unhappy about your experience. Rest assured, your input will be shared with my management team.

Chris Jung

Reviewed November 21, 2012

I visited Doha last week, and was staying at intercontinental Doha the city, it was a great hotal, the room was amazing and comfortable along with all the facilities there. If i visit the counrty again, this hotel will be my stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
General Manager G, General Manager at InterContinental Doha The City, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Dear Judith H,
Thank you for your feedback. I am very glad to hear that we were able to meet your expectations for the rooms and the facilities. I hope you choose our hotel for your next visit to Doha.
The team looks forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed November 16, 2012

We stayed at the Intercontinental on an overnight trip to Doha. The hotel has an excellent location. The staff were very helpful...
The hotel has a lovely pool and several restaurants to choose from.
The room was very spacious,clean, comfortable and well appointed.
I will definitely come back on my next visit to Qatar.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
General Manager G, General Manager at InterContinental Doha The City, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Dear Cindy M
Thank you for your positive feedback. It’s great to hear that you enjoyed your short stay at our hotel.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.