“Krossroads bar Horizon manor”

Horizon Manor Hotel
Ranked #56 of 140 Hotels in Doha
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Lots of people and live band from 9pm onwards. QAR 30 membership for a year I think. All ranges of beer and drinks. Prices the Doha usual. Not too smokey either. Not for every week but good for a change every now and again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank Eurofanwestsussex

Reviewed February 24, 2013

The Horizon manor is anew hotel in Doha that gives quality and a good price. The rooms are spacious, well appointed, clean, with king size beds and quality linen. There is a good Indian style restaurant with a good menu and above average food. A buffer breakfast is served here which is very good. There is a small pool, gym, sauna and Jacuzzi on the top floor. However, what lets this hotel down is the ambient noise from the night club situated in the 14th floor floor, the bass can be heard on the 5th floor. Add to this the very loud music from the bar/club on the 1st floor, both until 2am, sleep is hard to come by. This is the only thing that takes a very good rating down to poor. I did complain to the reception and manager, however the bass and music could still be plainly heard the next night as well, with no attempt to reduce the noise. So, if you are a light sleeper, do not stay here as the night club and bar runs seven days a week.

Room Tip: Do not choose a room that ends on 08 you will only get tepid hot water. Pick a room on the 5th or 6t...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Peter R
Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at horizon manor hotel in the month of January am satisfied with the services being offered. My room was large with a lot of space to move around and had a superb view of the doha corniche.the hotel has all the facilities which you expect from a similar grade hotel.the staff is courteous and eager to help whenever required. The breakfast buffet is grand with a lot of variety to offer. service is prompt. They have regular lunch and dinner buffets also you may trend to overeat by seeing the variety on display.

• Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank Jamie_olive
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I moved few days back to Horizon manor Hotel from nearby hotel as my colleagues staying in Horizon manor recommended me this hotel for a variety of breakfast buffet. Being vegetarian there are very few options in Doha to go but in this hotel I got really sumptuous & eclectic mix of food. The service & Breakfast is prompt and the food fresh and this hotel remains almost full. The rooms are large and comfortable with all amenities required. I stayed there for one month and was happy with the services offered as per the grade. Also there is a small coffee shop serving cakes and pastries. The ground floor lobby is a real attraction and can spend time reading or eating there. The location is also a big advantage as it is very near to Islamic museum & corniche. In case get a chance, I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the corniche side has really a nice window view
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Gaurav510
Reviewed January 28, 2013

The type of hotel which was designed to be utterly mediocre but is in denial about it. We were placed here but Qatar airways... they should bow their head in self-depreciating lifeless shame.

The rooms and bathrooms are charmless, too big, and generic. At least they match the food though.
The reception is robotic (just there to make a few rupees or whatever), as are the cleaners and nearly all the staff. They can't be blamed as the management clearly has lost all inspiration and it drips into their bland psyche. It seems this place is just spanning time, waiting. Just waiting. Waiting. Waiting for history and salty air to devour it.

It has a piece of the Dubai curse: owners thinking that if they tick the boxes, it will reach its purpose of being a 4 star. The problem is that is only does one thing: provide purpose.

A "meh" roof top pool, but a view worth writing home about actually. The helium which carries this hotel is the view, the location, and, well, I guess the fact that it's quiet and has electricity and running water. Any time spent more than 36 hours should be considered charity - the type of charity that is dressed in a monkey suit while playing a drum out of boredom. Only this one is a real monkey... a sad and poor, poor monkey.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank SuitcasedSoul_MGray
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I stayed in horizon manor hotel for a week and i enjoyed my stay . The rooms are large with nice comfortable bed offers a good view of Doha west bay cornich .the restaurant breakfast buffet was enjoyable and available to satisfy my morning taste. There is a live egg station which i really enjoyed.the front desk staff is courteous and helpful.Overall its a nice business hotel without to much fancy.

Room Tip: choose the bay view rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 21, 2013

A single hotel room where is about 165 USD/night. That is not cheap. The only good part was that they had inclusive airport drop-off and pick-up.

Here is a list of things that went wrong with my 3 week stay (for business):
-found a dirty sock under my bed upon arrival
-toilet was perpetually flushing (annoying and huge waste of water in a country that has such limited water -- only 2 days of water if de-salination plants and imported water stopped)
-1 outlet didn't work
-2 lights didn't work
-did not give me new soap when I was out (not a major issue)
-had absolutely no noise proofing to hallway or neighboring room connected by locked door
-paint was peeling on the walls (at that point not a major concern)
-telephone had no paper indicating which button was for front desk, room service, etc
-after about 5 nights, my room key stopped working, I went down to the front desk 3 times getting new keys, none of them worked. So they sent me up to my room with a employee who used a master key to let me in. This did not get fixed for the rest of my trip, even though I asked about it each day. I can't emphasize enough how annoying this was each day. And how no one even really pretended to care. Clearly staff didn't communicate well or they would have gotten it fixed, rather than assuring me maintenance would come the next day, every day (they never came).
-internet code didn't work every few days. I called down, they gave me another one to try, didn't work. First told me just to try the next day. I said that was unacceptable, as I needed internet for my work, this one a reason I booked this hotel, I needed internet. So they said they would call me back. No one called. After 10 minutes I called back and we tried many other room codes until one worked. Any other day it didn't work, I made them go through all codes with me until I got one to work.
-room service didn't arrive the first time I ordered (when I arrived). When I called to place my order, she was about to hang up and I said just in case you need it, here is my room number. an hour later, when I called back, she said she didn't get my room number, so just didn't proceed with my order.
-in the restaurant, they only have huge portions of rice and it is really expensive, so beware if you are eating alone. The servers don't accommodate or don't understand why that is annoying.
-new nightclub on the top floor attracts creeps who ride up in the elevator and harass women. Don't travel alone in elevators at night if you are a young girl.

Room Tip: Don't stay here, just not worth it. Higher floors are closer to loud nightclub.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business