“Nice, but slow reactions”
Review of Hilton Doha

Hilton Doha
Ranked #26 of 140 Hotels in Doha
Reviewed August 30, 2013

The location of the Hilton is great, both for business as leisure. I booked a large suite, so I could have some business meetings. The room was modern, spacious and nice. But half of the lights were not working. It took about an hour before a maintenance guy got to my suite. Next thing was that my internet was not working. It took 1,5 hour before the internet guy showed up. Room service was way quicker: in 20 minutes my food was delivered. Food was average quality.
As long as you don't get in technical troubles the Hilton Doha is a good hotel. Nice rooms, friendly staff, good location.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
VenillaM_HiltonDoha, Manager at Hilton Doha, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear Flyingdutchmannl,

Thank you for your valuable time and feedback. As much as we appreciate the positive feedback, we are really sorry to note that you had some unfortunate experience during your stay at Hilton Doha, which indeed does not reflect our Hilton Doha Standard.

We value our guests constructive feedback and are happy to inform you that we are constantly taking appropriate actions to avoid similar incidents happening again in the future.

We sincerely hope to welcome back soon at Hilton Doha.

Venilla

Write a ReviewReviews (1,941)

Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

The Good:
- New building. Finished off very nicely. Professionally done.
- Executive lounge. Good selection of appetizers. Easily make a meal out of it which is perfect if you couldn't be bothered going for a sit down meal. Even get a bit of vino.
- Gym. Equipment good and plenty of it but impressively an attendant will wipe down equipment once done setup for next user with a clean towel and bottle if water.
- Beach. Seeing though one cannot go swimming around the corniche it's nice to know you can go swimming here. They've cleaned out all the rocks so is a comfy flipflop free paddle. Not sure what is cooler though - the air temp or water temp.
- Bathroom. Huge bath tub :-)

The Bad:
- Service wasn't necessarily bad all the time nor was it great; it was just mediocre. Perhaps I've gotten used to great Hilton service and I just didn't it here.
Cost - not cheap, but not much accommodation in Doha is. Value on the other hand wasn't too bad but not great.

The Ugly:
- Nothing ugly about a stay at Hilton Doha.

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Ramenmuncher,

Thank you very much for your very valuable good, bad and fortunately not ugly feedback. It is indeed through feedback like yours as Hilton loyal guests that help us improve our Service.

Allow us to reassure you that as much as we appreciate your positive feedback, we are using your feeling and experience to re-inforce the training of our team members as it certainly does not reflect our Standard nor that of Hilton.

We sincerely hope to welcome back soon to Hilton Doha.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

When we arrived in Doha after a 14 hours flight, we were met by a caring friendly driver from the Hilton, and whisked into the hotel and met by the most considerate and caring staff. They really made us feel welcome, and genuinely wanted to make our stay memorable. Our room was very comfortable, with a great view across the Gulf. The beds and pillows were good, and the bathroom and complimentary toiletries were excellent.
The service in the dining rooms, lounge and at the swimming pool was outstanding. Breakfast buffet had plenty of choice. Dining options were good.

Room Tip: Most all of the rooms have good views at the moment, although there is lots of construction in the a...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Kesby,

Thank you very much for your very kind feedback which we have shared amongst our whole team. It is such motivation and encouragement that helps us work harder to meet & exceed our Service to valued Guests like you.

After 14hours flight to Doha, we are glad that you felt the warm of our hospitality as much as you enjoyed all our facilities.

We sincerely hope to welcome back soon at Hilton Doha.

Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

I was in this hotel with my family, I stayed there for a two month, they have a very nice beach, good breakfast,lunch,dinner , excellent gum, nice business center, comfortable beds and good location......

• Stayed: November 2012

Dear Adolynet,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback which we have shared amongst our whole team. We sincerely hope that during these two months, you did feel at home away from home...

We sincerely hope to welcome back soon at Hilton Doha. The whole Hilton Doha Team joins me in sending you our Best Regards.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

I stayed with my family for two nights ( weekend ), we all enjoyed our stay , all Hotel facilities were perfect, room size is suitable for couple with two kids, breakfast was very satisfying, nice variety and good quality , professional staff in all location sure I will repeat my stay in coming occasion

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
May E, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Doha, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Dear Ahmed S,

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your kind review. It is a pleasure to receive such a positive feedback and to read that you enjoyed our spacious accommodation and delectable food and that our team contributed to your memorable stay.
I look forward to welcoming you all back to Hilton Doha very soon.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We arrived in Doha at about 7pm, it was such a relief to realise the hotel was only 15 minutes away. Check in was very pleasant and there were some beautiful dates and Arabic tea. The rooms are immaculately clean and are pure luxury, offering tremendous views, modern and stunning bathrooms and not to mention the complimentary bottles of water that were lovely. All the staff at the Hilton are a pleasure and a delight to talk to especially Arun who is a credit to the hotel. He looked after us very well and is very interesting to make conversation with. He does the hotel proud and is very welcoming. The breakfast buffet is absolutely incredible. First a choice of tea, coffee, hot chocolate, fresh juices e.g kiwi,orange etc...the food is beautifully prepared by the chefs who produce fabulous food. Ranging from perfect pastries to authentic curry. The breakfast really does have something for everyone. I've already mentioned the staff but they are all so well spoken and polite. The pool staff are very attentive and prepare the sunbeds. The hotel also offers a gym which I made full use of, going 2,3 times a day. Open 24 hours and fully equipped with everything a gym needs and more, complete with ice towels! I have no complaints whatsoever about this perfect hotel. I very much hope I will return in the not to distant future. I will strongly recommend this hotel for those who want to visit doha for a business or for vacation.

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Indialuck,

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review of our hotel. We are humbled by your praise of our very well trained and passionate team who always strive to make our guests feel valued, care for and respected. We have shared your comments with Arun, our pool and beach team and our talented chefs, who in turn are very pleased to hear your feedback.

I am delighted to read that you had the time to make use of our fitness center by Precor and hope on your next visit you get to book a body or facial treatment at eforea: spa at Hilton.

I am also pleased that you enjoyed our ideal location, spacious rooms and bathrooms, of which we are very proud and thank you for praising our scrumptious food.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Hotel is well organized, all is fine and clean. All Services are executed and provided by competent personnel. All employees are very friendly and helpful. Breakfeast and Pool facilities are exellent.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Janbernard B,

Thank you for your kind comments about our team and hotel facilities. Thank you for praising the extensive breakfast at Mawasem and our friendly helpful staff. Our temperature-controlled pool and leisure facilities are very relaxing and we are glad you found time to use them.

We hope you visit us again soon.