“good food”

L'wzaar Seafood Market
Ranked #27 of 854 Restaurants in Doha
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Large groups, Scenic view, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Upon entering L'wzaar, the interactive open kitchen and a four-meter-long seafood display gives the diner a candid look at what feasts of the sea await them. The restaurant's original décor and blue mosaic flooring are meant to provide an environment that is contemporary and comfortable, with the blue flooring providing an aquatic touch. L'wzaar is a venue where freshness is king, both in terms of produce, and the speed with which it is cooked and brought to the table. L'wzaar is also about variety, where seafood is served in a number of different styles: Classic Mediterranean, Japanese - in the form of a sushi bar - Middle Eastern, Far Eastern and Indian. With over 50 varieties of seafood, the menu's emphasis is on freshness, quality and variety. You will find all three in the L'wzaar Seafood Market.
Doha, Ad Dawhah, Qatar
“good food”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Amazing seafood and service we will be come back everthink its verry nice I would always recommend a place to go

• Visited December 2013
Socialmedia A, Manager at L'wzaar Seafood Market, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Thank you for your time and for your kind review. We look forward to welcome you soon again at L'wzaar.

Kind Regards,

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Doha, Qatar
“Interesting concept, but overrated.”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Went with my family on a Friday afternoon; bookings on Friday are a must otherwise you won't be guaranteed a place if you show up without a reservation. The concept is definitely interesting and the first time I've ever experienced such a thing. There is a set menu available that contains entrees and appetizers you can chose from. For the salads, there's a salad bar in the middle of the restaurant where you go and choose whichever salad you fancy; you may as well load your plate up with salad as it costs you QR 40 for it anyways.
For the main course, you go to the counter near the salad bar where you chose from a range of seafood and you tell the chef/waiters how you want it cooked. There is a little list there available showing you how you can get your seafood cooked and you can ask your waiter on the side-dishes available.
I ordered some tuna sashimi before my meal and requested no soy sauce (as it does not agree with me), but when it came out, there was the soy sauce! They quickly corrected this mistake once I pointed it out however.
For the main I ordered a grilled salmon fillet with garlic and hot and sour stir-fry jumbo prawns. The salmon fillet was cooked well and tasted quite good (unfortunately it did not come with any sauce, so it was a bit dry), the prawns however were not quite to my liking. The prawns came on a plate completely covered in tomato and herbs. It was mildly spicy and not very sour, and although was recommended highly by the restaurant, did not taste that good (at least not to me).
The restaurant is worth the visit for the experience as there aren't many restaurants with a seafood market experience, but I found the meal there quite average and over-priced. I do not mind the hubbub of a loud restaurant but if you prefer quite dining with food served directly to you, this isn't the place for you.

• Visited January 2014
Thank you for your time and for your very valuable feedback. We take your opinions in our serious consideration to constantly improve our service quality and provide our guests with the most satisfactory dining experience.

Kind Regards,
Doha, Qatar
“One of the best seafood restaurants in Doha”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

The concept of a fish market where you pick your choice of fish, your cooking method, and pay by the KG may not be hugely novel in European cities (I used to go to the oven pick in London regularly 15 years ago) but it works well here in Doha. The restaurant is well run, large, and has met our expectations on each of the seven or eight occasions I have visited. The restaurant is also versatile. I have taken my wife there for a quiet meal, and also business dinners with up to ten people. All have enjoyed the experience. For Doha, this is a very well priced restaurant, if you stick to the local fish, such as hammour, Sherri, or something that sounds like birra. The latter, my wife says is the best having formerly been a hammour fan. The Sherri is less impressive. My international guests have all said they would go back to L'Wzaar, and a number of them have. The restaurant is not licensed, so drink the fresh lemon and mint (local favorite and one of the few adult tasting drinks with meals. So, choose your accompanying veg, order a drink (soft), go up to the counter and choose the size and type of fish you want, leave your table number, and that is about it. My wife's other tip is to be happy to share fish if they look a bit large on the stall. Probably in my top 5 restaurants to go to in Doha, outside the very swanky and expensive 5 star hotels. All the main restaurants in Katara (the cultural village where L'Wzaar is) on the promenade are very good (the others are Ottoman, Aremenian, Indian), and enjoy Katra with it's opera house and amphitheatre. Stroll along the promenade with the locals, drop into a couple of art galleries, but make sure you park near the exit if it is cool enough to walk, as KATARA is a prime evening cruising track for young Qatari's in sports cars. It has taken me 25 mins just to get out, when I have parked too close to the centre. Final advice, make sure you book. A number of friends have told me that they have turned up to be told the restaurant is fully booked, even when it very much appears not to be nearly full.

• Visited December 2013
Socialmedia A, Manager at L'wzaar Seafood Market, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Thank you very much for your time and your kind review. We very much appreciate your feedback and we are pleased that you enjoyed your dining experience at L'wzaar. We look forward to welcome you soon again.

Kind regards,
Pueblo, Colorado
“Yawn....”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

It was nice, it was good, but in the grand scheme of life, it was rather middle of the road. not bad, but it wasn;t anything to get excited about.....It's location is good for being in Katar Villlage, just a hop, skip and a jump to get to it, but not worth making a sepcial trip for....

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Raimond M
Thank you for your time and your review. We appreciate your valuable feedback to us. We look forward to welcome you again at L'wzaar.

Kind regards,
San Francisco, California
“Go L'wzaar”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I am from the united states and honestly I never seen a wonderful and delicious seafood in my life better then I had at L'wzaar Restaurant located in Katara. The seafood is fresh, multiple choices.
I did enjoy both Lunch and diner. The place it's self is beautiful, the stuff are so friendly and
offer the best service. I really enjoyed my self with my family and friends, and I would love to thanks Mr Nadi (Restaurant Manager),for making our experience there so amazing.
I highly recomend this restaurant to every buddy,huge display of all kind of seafood product.
I did like the king shrimps,grilled Hamour and grilled snaper. Thank you L'Wzaar for this perfect
experience.