“Lacked Vegetarian Choice ”

Al Adhamiyah Iraqi Restaurant
Ranked #81 of 861 Restaurants in Doha
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
“Lacked Vegetarian Choice ”
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

Unfortunately this small restaurant lacked any main meals for vegetarians.
That said, I ordered a lentil soup (which was intended for a starter) and it was delicious.
After ordering, my soup came almost immediately which was a mild inconvenience as they knew it was all i had ordered... And obviously my fathers main course didn't arrive for another 15 minutes. Thankfully i am quite a slow eater. so after taking my time starting and eating (no slower than usual) my fathers meal arrived while i was mid way through my own. Even though i did only order the soup there were commentary breads (and a dessert) which made the whole meal more substantial.
My fathers meal (a lamb tajine) was apparently very tasty.
The waiters were all polite and i would probably recommend this restaurant- however maybe not if you, like i do, choose not to eat meat.

2 Thank GingerRach

• Arabic first
  • Korean first
tillicoultry
“Superb Food”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

During a short trip to Doha to visit my son in law we went to this Restaurant for a meal. My wife and I are used to different cuisine but this was one of the best we have ever had. We had a mixed
menu, too many dishes to remember. The whole meal was delicious and the staff very friendly and efficient. We also tried the Fish Market restaurant next door and again this was first class, it is really nice to eat fish caught that day. On the same street is a Moroccan Restaurant which is also
Worth a visit, especially for the camel stew!!!
We also tried several other eateries and found them all very good and also good value.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank neilcTillicoultry
Seattle, Washington
“Great meal and good service”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I came here with a group of 5 and we really enjoyed our dinner. The food was well prepared and the service was attentive and helpful. We sat at one of the sidewalk tables in the evening and enjoyed watching people pass by. This is a very comfortable place with delicious food. It is one of the better places to eat at in the Souq Waqif.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank GoAlong2
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Kabaab”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Amazingly lamb for kabaab. You must try this one, kabaab is the best. This place give some exotic interior, very pleasant place to stay!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank ThyasP
Liverpool, England
“Excellent.”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

This is easily the best restaurant in Souq Waqif. The food is delicious, which is unsurprising given that Iraqi cuisine has such a long and illustrious history, dating back thousands of years to the Mesopotamian cultures. Everything that my party and I ate at Al Adhamiyah was exquisitely flavoured and beautifully presented. The Iraqi chap who seems to be the supervisor or maitre took great care to answer our questions and to provide as much info as possible; he was friendly and helpful. The meal I ate here was one of the best I had during my trip through The Gulf (only spoiled by the rude and loutish behaviour of a bunch of Gulfite males who treated the Iraqi waiter in an appalling manner). If the weather allows, sit at one of the outside tables, enjoy your food and a mouthwatering selection of juices, and watch the world go by.

• Visited December 2013