“Good Food Bad Manager”

Ranked #82 of 895 Restaurants in Doha
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 23, 2013

The restaurant should fire the manager for the upstairs section. I have been to this restaurant 4 times, overall the 1st 3 times it was very good, last time it was a disaster because of the manager! This last time I went there on Sat. evening, the place was almost full, therefore, ordered food to go. Then I went upstairs and saw an empty table and asked if it is available, the mgr said it was and I was seated. I mentioned to him that I had already ordered the food to go and to bring the same to the table when ready. After few minutes he came with my order. The food was burned and cold. When I complained and mentioned that this is NOT the quality of food of this restaurant, he took the plate and commented that he will replace it. Again, after few minutes he brought back the plate apparently same food with olive oil braised on the meat for an appealing appearance. After few bites, it was enough for me. Then I found out that my original order was never brought to me as it was ready downstairs. God only knows whose leftover food I was served!!

1  Thank R K
There are newer reviews for Al Adhamiyah Iraqi Restaurant

Reviewed March 14, 2013

The decor is absolutely wonderful, a look into Iraqi life 100+ years ago, and they look authentic enough. I highly recommend the Kuba platter, you will not go away disappointed.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

We went to Adhamiyah's for lunch. Portion sizes were quite large, and there were nice subtle flavorings. Maybe it's because we came from Mumbai, where the food delivers very sharp tastes, but I was not overwhelmed. The service was very attentive, and it is a very nice space inside the Souq Waqif. While they had outdoor seating, with no one sitting there, we were not allowed to take a table outside.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

We ate here last week. wanted to sit outside but a water main was leaking so ate upstairs. Waiter was excellent and explained all the meals to us as we'd never heard of most of them!He also advised us not to have side dishes which was good advice as the mains were so filling there would have been no room.They kept bringing us their homemade bread which was lovely but we couldn't finish it.Came to QR175 for of us for two courses and a drink.Best restaurant in the Souq.Go there!

Reviewed March 8, 2013

My mom and I went to Al Adhamiyah for lunch on a Thursday afternoon and sat upstairs. We weren't sure what to order so we asked the waiter, who was a very pleasant man who spoke excellent English. He kindly offered to explain the menu to us and went several highlighted choices and answered our questions and then gave us time to decided.

We ordered an Arabic salad as a starter. It was just lettuce, cucumber and tomato, but it was fantastic! There must have been a magic ingredient in the lemon juice and olive oil dressing because both my mom and I commented on how tasty it was and we finished all of it. We were also brought some fresh warm bread that was similar to naan. It was really nice and we had to make a conscious effort not to keep eating it so we could save some room for our meal.

We had lamb tikka kebab which is chunks of meat as opposed to the kafta kebab which is ground meat. It was tender and seasoned perfectly. We also branched out and tried something called kouzi sham which is seasoned rice with lamb and chicken baked into a bread shell. It was also very nice, particularly the bread shell that had absorbed all the flavors from the filling.

All in all, we were really happy with our experience here and would love to go back. It was great food and great service! What more could we possibly want? Oh, it was also very reasonably priced. Our meal for two (two entrees, a salad, water and the bread that was included) came to a total of 114QR.