“Good, not spectacular”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good, not spectacular”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We went to Adhamiyah's for lunch. Portion sizes were quite large, and there were nice subtle flavorings. Maybe it's because we came from Mumbai, where the food delivers very sharp tastes, but I was not overwhelmed. The service was very attentive, and it is a very nice space inside the Souq Waqif. While they had outdoor seating, with no one sitting there, we were not allowed to take a table outside.

• Arabic first
  • Korean first
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Brilliant service, great food and great price”
Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

We ate here last week. wanted to sit outside but a water main was leaking so ate upstairs. Waiter was excellent and explained all the meals to us as we'd never heard of most of them!He also advised us not to have side dishes which was good advice as the mains were so filling there would have been no room.They kept bringing us their homemade bread which was lovely but we couldn't finish it.Came to QR175 for of us for two courses and a drink.Best restaurant in the Souq.Go there!

Houston, Texas
“So good! It made me proud to have some Iraqi heritage.”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

My mom and I went to Al Adhamiyah for lunch on a Thursday afternoon and sat upstairs. We weren't sure what to order so we asked the waiter, who was a very pleasant man who spoke excellent English. He kindly offered to explain the menu to us and went several highlighted choices and answered our questions and then gave us time to decided.

We ordered an Arabic salad as a starter. It was just lettuce, cucumber and tomato, but it was fantastic! There must have been a magic ingredient in the lemon juice and olive oil dressing because both my mom and I commented on how tasty it was and we finished all of it. We were also brought some fresh warm bread that was similar to naan. It was really nice and we had to make a conscious effort not to keep eating it so we could save some room for our meal.

We had lamb tikka kebab which is chunks of meat as opposed to the kafta kebab which is ground meat. It was tender and seasoned perfectly. We also branched out and tried something called kouzi sham which is seasoned rice with lamb and chicken baked into a bread shell. It was also very nice, particularly the bread shell that had absorbed all the flavors from the filling.

All in all, we were really happy with our experience here and would love to go back. It was great food and great service! What more could we possibly want? Oh, it was also very reasonably priced. Our meal for two (two entrees, a salad, water and the bread that was included) came to a total of 114QR.

Oslo, Norway
“Slightly disappointing”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

After reading the reviews here, and never tried food from Iraq previously, I was looking forward to this experience. But can't say they delivered. I went alone one Saturday afternoon and asked the waiter for recommendations, but he didn't say much or show any interest. I randomly picked the mixed starters, which was great - bread, meze (?) and salad - and the chicken biryiani, which was okay, a bit dry and the chickenpieces not the best. The lemon with mint juice was delicious, had to have two of those! Food arrived quickly and hot. Very nice interior of the restaurant, however I'm not too keen on screaming children running around the table when I'm dining.
Been there, done that.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Great Iraqi food, Mixed Grill Moist and Succulent”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I went to Al Alhamiyah Iraqi recently with a colleague from work. We had a very enjoyable experience. The fresh bread arrived at our table was hot and tasty. The mixed grill arrived relatively quickly, was moist and tender, and tasted great! The staff were very friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend eating here for anyone in Doha.

• Visited February 2013