“Excellent food and exceptional value”

Al Adhamiyah Iraqi Restaurant
Ranked #88 of 845 Restaurants in Doha
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Canberra
“Excellent food and exceptional value”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I sat down at this unassuming restaurant at about 5pm and decided to have an early dinner. Sitting outside, I enjoyed the sites of Souq Waqif and watched passersby such as the men in traditional costumes on Arabian horses. I also walked around inside and the decor there was very nice so that would be a good option in the hot summers or colder winter days.

I ordered one of the kebabs and the custard and both were excellent. The staff were very friendly and after my delicious custard they brought more sweets. When I got the bill, it was only 52riyal and it turned out that they wanted to give me both desserts for free. This was a really nice change from some of the bland kebabs and expensive hotel food I was eating.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank marktee

• Arabic first
  • Korean first
USA
“Fast, delicious meals in a nice setting”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

This has become our favorite casual restaurant in Doha. The food is always great and the service is very fast. I believe english speaking might be limited in some of the servers, so I hope people aren't put off by a lack of perceived friendliness by the staff. Since we have been there quite a bit, we have noticed that they really are paying attention (they have never made a mistake with an order, the food is always hot, etc.).

If you are visiting this region and wanting some regional food, I highly suggest seeking this place out. My favorite items are the hummus, moutabel, and chicken tikka yogurt.

Outdoor seating is ideal, but they only have a handful of tables out there and they will up fast. If you want to assure that you will get a table outside, I suggest planning an early dinner (arrive at 4 when the souk opens up any day other than Thursday or Friday).

• Visited January 2013
Saudi Arabia
“Great food and prices”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We had lunch at this authentic Iraqi restaurant. We ordered Maskoof fish dish. It took a long time to be prepared, but it tasted great. Great prices. Can't wait to go and dine there again!!!

• Visited January 2013
Antwerpen
“Disappointed”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Picked this restaurant because of positive comments on this board, but mixed grill and overall experience were very average and disappointing to me.

• Visited December 2012
Cambridge, MA USA
“Delicious place to sit outside for lunch”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

We had two great meals here. We sat outside and had great service and food. Yummy handmade bread comes with everything and their lamb is not to be missed! It's located towards the end of the Souq so it felt a little less busy to us, but was still great for people watching. The Lebanese restaurant across the street is also excellent!

• Visited December 2012