Century Hotel
$299
$211
Anantara.com
  • Pool
All reviewsqatar airwaysnational museumhot breakfasthr layovermissed our connecting flightshort stayairport pick up and dropclose to the airporthot watertv channelsal cornichestopover hotelseparate showerpersian gulfevery requestrecommend this hotelfree wifi
Reviewed June 28, 2013

This hotel is located in really bad area. The streets around this hotel is so small and narrowed. So hard hard to get to the downstairs parking lot since the drive way is so narrow and it can damage your car.the room is one of the smallest room I ever lived in. Its something around 2.5 meter by 3 meter. I will not return at all

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 12, 2013

It’s a nice hotel for Business Trips. It’s quite expensive if it’s on your wallet. The service is fine. The staff and room service staff are friendly.
Their breakfast is reasonable, but their dinner buffets are good.
The chef at Monde Restaurant is Tunisian, so the Arabic food is of extraordinary quality. There isn’t any Indian food.
A decent choice for Business travelers, considering the fact that you can get to Airport in 10 minutes.

Room Tip: Ask for Rooms in Top Floor Front Side, the view is good...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 12, 2013

This one is really a bad hotel at the price which its been charged at. You can get much better options in Qatar at similar or less price. The check-in was quick but i think that was the only good thing about this hotel. The rooms were big but the facilities were very mediocre. The location was also very mediocre. The breakfast was terrible to say the least...The hash brown available had oil dripping from them. All in all this one should be avoided at all costs.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 6, 2013

It's 4 minutes from the airport and the hotel will have a driver to take you to the hotel. They also offered the return journey. The room is a little small but perfectly functional for people on business or staying for a night or 2. Breakfast is good and with a wide choice. A trip to the corniche in the evening can take time but in real terms it's only 10 minutes away.
Staff at friendly, chatty and fun.

Room Tip: Som rooms have sea views and airport views.the back I quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 17, 2013

My name is Steve Meller and I have been travelling around the world for the past 40 years and my accommodation has varied between a small bed and breakfast in New Delhi to 5* hotels in HK and Singapore, so I feel reasonably qualified to comment on the Century which I find extremely good.
I spend half my my time in the Century and the other half in my home in Abu Dhabi / other Gulf countries.
I am amazed at some of the negative comments that I have read regarding this hotel and I am finding it very difficult to find something I am not happy with.
If I HAVE to say something the only minor irritation I have is the shape of the cutlery in the restaurant. It is difficult to hold and from time to time it can fall to the floor from the plate. I am only saying this because I cannot find anything else to give a negative comment on!!
How hotel staff treat a guest is often a function of how you treat them.
Finally, I would like to state that all the staff, in all departments, go out of their way to give that extra service, and that is based on the last 2 - 3 months.

Room Tip: As the staff are so helpful just discuss your requirements in a pleasant manner with them and I am sure they will be helpful.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
CenturyhotelDoha, Manager at Century Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Dear Mr Meller
I am very pleased to have you as a very regular guest in our hotel, and enjoyed our rooms, services meanwhile we want to thank you for your precious comments and rest assure that we are and we will be always at your service
Best regards