“Much improved visit”
Review of Choices Restaurant

Choices Restaurant
Ranked #94 of 970 Restaurants in Doha
Cuisines: International
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Choices restaurant is an All-day dining restaurant Buffets and ‘A la carte’ menu with International cuisine, Theme nights and Brunch,serving Breakfast,Lunch,Dinner with background music
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Last time we ate at Choices it was a bit hit and miss but maybe becuase that was New Years, so it was time to go back and give it another shot. This time the much famed Steak Night! Every Tuesday the most succulent hunks off meat are put out and fresh steaks carved and cooked to order. There was a good selection of 5 or so different steaks and even burgers (labelled Wagyu but I couldn't discerne a wagyu burger from a regular burger, a wagyu steak yes, but ground meat is ground meat to me - it's all soft!) . Pick your piece and 10mins later it comes to your table freshly grilled, OMG good. I loved the steak but the Roasted Prime Rib Crown wins hands down. Fill up on baked potato (just being practical here but there's no room to fill your potato guys, give us some bench space), basic salads, desserts, it's all there. Cost was 299QAR including alcoholic drinks so I reckon this is a bargain! I ate at one of the hotel steak houses around town and paid that just for a small steak (quality was very similar). Service was great and prompt each time for a refill. Glad I went back for another go and will be back for steak night again!

1  Thank SumoDoha
Tarek H, Manager at Choices Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

Dear Guest,

I do appreciate for the time you spent to share this wonderful review. I am glad to know that you enjoyed our Steak night and our service that made your dining experience even more enjoyable.

It will always be our pleasure to welcome you back.

We are looking forward to your next visit.

Sincerely yours,

Doha, Qatar

Tel: +974 44023333
Fax: +974 44023300

Reviewed December 4, 2012

I have dined in many hotels in Doha and of course had picked my favorite one. Last year when I visited Choices at Oryx Rotana, I had to change my ratings. Choices is by far the best place to eat in Doha. The food is A…mazing!.The selection is different to what other hotels have offer in their buffet, which so many times you find the food is repetitive. Starting with the salads at Choices, you have a nice variety, that you want to try everything, oooh the appetizer – again you just want to keep coming back, and the main – you don’t want to miss out! It’s like all countries have joined together in one place to give you a taste of everything. I went back couple of month ago and had enjoyed it again. On 25th November, I was personally invited for the Mexican night by their Sales Executive and a special one-on-one cooking tips from Speciality Chef Rawad as I enjoyed eating Mexican Food, and I really enjoyed myself. All the personnel are so friendly and professional; you get a warm welcome and service from the time you enter until you leave. They make you feel so comfortable. For dessert I had warm chocolate cake and I wanted ice-cream to go with it, the response was ‘we are not serving ice-cream tonight, but I can bring some for you’. I left the hotel this time again very satisfied with my experience. I can never miss a chance to visit Choices, can’t wait to try their other theme nights… and still can’t forget my first time dining there…Thumbs up!

G.J

Tarek H, Manager at Choices Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the overwhelming review which you experienced dining at Choices. It will always be our pleasure to serve you.

I am glad to know that you enjoyed your night with us. Rest assured that we will not let these wonderful compliments come to pass without being conveyed to my team and I would like to take this opportunity to thank you once again for your kind words.

Best regards,

P.O. Box 29922
Doha, Qatar
Tel: +974 44023333

Reviewed November 25, 2012

As a frequent diner at Choices I can recommend it as a restaurant not only with an amazing range of choices with each themed night but also the quality does not suffer which can often happen with restaurants offering abundant choice.
The chefs are great, very willing to make variations if you so wish. Outdoor seating in the cool months next to the generously proportioned pool is an added attraction.
Yes there is a no smoking option as well.

3  Thank geoffstuart46
Reviewed November 13, 2012

All nights have something special but on Mondays, Arnold is cooking the best baby chicken I have ever tried! Simply delicious and very addictive!!
You cannot miss the steak night on Tuesdays!
My compliments to the chefs Monika and Arnold. Their sympathy and zest for detail will delight you.

Thank you!

Reviewed October 30, 2012

The foods are great! So many choices. :) They have this theme nights in which they offer different type of food each night. My favorite is the Seafoods night. They also offer alcohols, which you can drink unlimited from a very reasonable price. Would definitely go back.