“Could change the music, but overall great place...”
Review of Lava Lounge

Lava Lounge
Ranked #172 of 931 Restaurants in Doha
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Visited this place twice and both nights have been great. The bartenders and servers were great. Special recognition to nizmi. Asked him to make a mix that wasn't in the books and came out perfect.
Sunday and Monday are hospitality and cabin crew nights so its 50% discount if you work hotel or cabin crew, just show proof.

The only thing that bothered me was that I asked the DJ to play some top 20 and he said no. He played nothing but trance and techno. A lot of people even asked him to switch it up, but no luck. He just played what he wanted to hear. Where I come from and most other people from all walks of life come from, they enjoy top 10 music.

The DJ last night was ok, she played a lot of requests. The other house DJ last week, he should play what the guests want. Or at least feel the mood. A real DJ looks at the crowd and plays what they want to hear.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

This is a perfect place on Sunday night and now Monday night to forget our work for a while at hospitality industry or cabin crews and to meet other fellows and to drink without worry your pocket and to dance with live dj and to chill out at open terrace with cool wind of Doha ..... it's PERFECT....... cant ask anything more ..... if you ask WHY???? well it's 50% off food and beverage... YES..... ITS 50% OFF FOOD AND BEVERAGE....... :)

Great burger, great cocktail, great service ( NATHALIE, my fav... ) great bartender ( YOGI my fav... ) great music.... = GREAT NIGHT OUT

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Free entrance, reasonably priced drinks, great atmosphere and good music. There are two sections with different kinds of music which you can easily switch.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

It was my first time in Doha but definitely not the last one, i stayed at Ritz Carlton which is nice place but it doesn’t give much options for the night life, thankfully we were suggested to visit Intercon Lava Lounge, firstly it was very quiet which actually gave us sometime to enjoy our conversation and beautiful view by the open terrace, which from my side is very good option for those whose is non smoker. Later on when the music got lauder i went in and whole place had totally different atmosphere - lively and exiting. I was very impressed about it coz it's not that u r being thrown on very crowded place or having quiet evening its a very good combination of both!!! Staff was very nice and friendly, guys there have good knowledge about menu which by the way has a quiet a selection! On the way back we walked thru the pool area which is AMAZING, i think whenever I will get back to Doha next time Intercon (apparently it's two intercontinental hotels in Doha, new one is a business like and the other one resort by the beach the on that visited) by the beach is my place to be!!!

Reviewed August 27, 2012

I was hoping that you could kindly pass on my utmost gratitude for the outstanding hospitality that was shown to me & my friends by Chelsie who works in the bar.
when she greeted us all with a friendly smile, the service she provided was first class. she was excellent.
How she kept up her sense of humor, enthusiasm and energy levels is beyond my belief. However i am she truly is a credit to the hotel and she fully epitomizes what 5 star service is all about.
i will definitely come back again & i highly recommend this place for big group.

1  Thank Mohamed S