“Wonderful time”

Ranked #198 of 912 Restaurants in Doha
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 18, 2012

It was my first time in Doha but definitely not the last one, i stayed at Ritz Carlton which is nice place but it doesn’t give much options for the night life, thankfully we were suggested to visit Intercon Lava Lounge, firstly it was very quiet which actually gave us sometime to enjoy our conversation and beautiful view by the open terrace, which from my side is very good option for those whose is non smoker. Later on when the music got lauder i went in and whole place had totally different atmosphere - lively and exiting. I was very impressed about it coz it's not that u r being thrown on very crowded place or having quiet evening its a very good combination of both!!! Staff was very nice and friendly, guys there have good knowledge about menu which by the way has a quiet a selection! On the way back we walked thru the pool area which is AMAZING, i think whenever I will get back to Doha next time Intercon (apparently it's two intercontinental hotels in Doha, new one is a business like and the other one resort by the beach the on that visited) by the beach is my place to be!!!

Reviewed August 27, 2012

I was hoping that you could kindly pass on my utmost gratitude for the outstanding hospitality that was shown to me & my friends by Chelsie who works in the bar.
when she greeted us all with a friendly smile, the service she provided was first class. she was excellent.
How she kept up her sense of humor, enthusiasm and energy levels is beyond my belief. However i am she truly is a credit to the hotel and she fully epitomizes what 5 star service is all about.
i will definitely come back again & i highly recommend this place for big group.

1  Thank Mohamed S
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Veeeery expensive and a sleezy dive. Would not recommend to my worst enemy!

Reviewed June 2, 2012

Lava has so much potential. The decor is pretty cool. It overlooks a gorgeous pool and beach area, staff are friendly and it has a average selection of diff dj's most nights of the week. Unfortunately it just doesnt seem to pull off the elegant bar or nightclub that it could be.

Reviewed March 9, 2012

the music is trance, techno and all that stuffs and the place is cozy...i love the sofa in the picture display when i hangout in a big group of friends