“Steak was good, but it is in a shopping mall people & no red of course!”

The Butcher Shop & Grill
Ranked #121 of 861 Restaurants in Doha
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Bendigo, Australia
“Steak was good, but it is in a shopping mall people & no red of course!”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Firstly , no wine to accompany a good steak is just terrible for foodies, but hey we are in Qatar. Secondly it is in a mall, so you have to push to get a seat in a booth up the back away from the mall, otherwise you are paying top dollar to look across at McDonalds and the like, so no ambience at all. By push I mean go up and look because you will get told that there are none available, as they 'reserve' them for special people. The service was average. Took so long to get a bottle of water and our table set. The steak was tasty , we enjoyed the meals, so thats a big plus. However very expensive given its in a shopping mall! We used an entertainer voucher to bring cost down, without a voucher I wouldn't go to be honest. Look as a stand alone, with a nice red wine and lift in service yes well worth it, as the meal was good, but its not all that.

• Visited May 2014

• Arabic first
Pueblo, Colorado
“I wanted a big steak, I asked for a big steak, I got a big steak. I should have asked for a GREAT steak.”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I am doing the HCG diet, and it was going to be a "Steak Day" for me. I needed a BIG steak, it needed to be HUGH. I get that, but for a porterhouse/T-bone, I'd expected something a bit better in quality. The service was very good, the jet setters would have loved it. There was a small birthday dinner being held next to my table, and the wait staff did very well in taking care of their needs as well as mine. The meal was close, but not right on target,,,,it missed the bull's eye of a awesome steak......If asked would I return again to this restaurant again, I would definitely say "I don't think so". Go out, explore, maybe you'll find better, I did, it just happens to be at home on my own grill......

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Raimond M
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Poor and costly”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

We found ourselves outside "Butcher Shop and Grill" and thought we would eat dinner there. From the outside it looks pleasant and welcoming enough, and the staff certainly were welcoming. But that's where it stops. As it was not busy, we were quickly seated and given menus. We chose our preferred meals and waited for the waiter to place our order. We placed the order and were then given bread while we waited. The bread was, to be honest, delicious, and a good idea on their part as the wait for the meal was extensive. We all chose reasonably quick meals to deliver, but the wait was phenomenally long. We watched people who came after us be given their orders before us. After forty minutes and asking three times where the meals were, they were eventually delivered. Very disappointing for the wait we endured. I ordered Chicken Milanese: a bland piece of chicken, drenched in oil came to the table accompanied by two very dry baked potatoes - I actually believe they had been par boiled and then thrown into the oven for a short while. The chicken was slathered in a bland and very appetizing green mess of creamy spinach on top. Neither the chicken nor the spinach had any real flavour and was very disappointing experience and really nothing to write home about for the rather costly price of 59 QAR. Despite the lengthy wait for the meals to be delivered, the bill was very prompt in coming when asked for. If asked would I return again to the this restaurant again, I would definitely say "I don't think so"

• Visited April 2014
“It's nice”
Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

Nothing much to write about . The food is good . Service depends when and who serves you . If you have one if the good guys you have a great meal otherwise you have to wait for water 20 minutes after asking for it 3 times . Steak is really good wasn't impressed with the chicken Milanese. As it's covered with creamy spinach you can't really taste the flavor of the chicken and the crust . Very delicious bread always asking for more :)

• Visited February 2014
Strongsville, Ohio
“Awesome Meal Everytime!”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

We have been to the same chain in Bahrain, Dubai and Doha. Never a bad meal. Reasonably priced for the quality of beef. Excellent side dishes to choose from. Great staff in every location. Can't wait to go back!

Visited March 2014