“Expensive but worth it!”
Review of The Cellar

The Cellar
Ranked #11 of 861 Restaurants in Doha
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The elegant decor, finest selection of Mediterranean Tapas, wine tasting section, and the wide variety of fine wines along with its personalized service clearly speak of an exquisite dining experience and make the most unique place in town.
Chesterton, Indiana
“Expensive but worth it!”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

This is an amazing place in Doha, and I would definitely go back when I return. First, they have awesome sangria. I would recommend the spicy sangria -- absolutely delicious! Next, try some of the unique tapas offerings like duck, beef tenderloin served with pumpkin or interesting salads. Truly, the offerings are interesting, creative, and the staff adds to the experience. Finally, go to The Cellar when you have time to truly enjoy the food and your company. This is not an experience that should be rushed.

• Visited November 2013
Tarek C, Assistant Director of Food and Beverage at The Cellar, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am very delighted to read your review! Thank you very much it’s our pleasure to have you in our restaurant. We are very proud that we met your expectations with regards to the food and the staff service. Our tapas is indeed very popular.

Rest assured that your compliments will be conveyed to my team as such flattering remarks continuously inspire us to do our utmost in everything that we do and I would like to take this opportunity to thank you once again.

We would be happy to welcome you back on your next visit in Doha.

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
““Fantastic Restaurant””
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I would never normally write reviews but we had such a fantastic experience at the Dinner at CELLAR in Doha, Oryx Rotana hotel that I was compelled to do so.
The food is really delicious it was out of this world the staff were attentive friendly and forward thinking at all times, so much so that any additional drinks or food arrived without any issues. A special thanks to Chef Toufik who is Cellar restaurant chef I can say one of best chef in doha.
I will without hesitation be back again.
Thanks so much

• Visited September 2013
Tarek C, Assistant Director of Food and Beverage at The Cellar, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your fantastic dining experience at The Cellar.

We are very proud that we met your expectations with regards to the staff service and the quality of food and drinks. Rest assured that we will not let these wonderful compliments come to pass without being conveyed to my team and I would like to take this opportunity to thank you once again.

It will always be our pleasure to welcome you back. So please let us know when you plan to visit us again.

Sincerely yours,

Doha, Qatar
“New menu, wait staff, sad, sad, sad”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We've really enjoyed the tapas at this restaurant, and the service has normally been good to okay. Went to enjoy the atmosphere, got handed a new menu, no tapas served on the weekend!! The restaurant was dead - you can't have a tapas restaurant and not serve it except Tuesday and Saturday. The food was so so, and the waiter brought appetizers and mains together at the same time. The aubergine was disgusting, the peppers, nice. The lamb was so tough it was horrid, the prawns were okay, but too salty. The waiter didn't have a clue - didn't clear the table when we were done, wasn't paying attention to pouring water/wine. Finally another staff member came over, and noticed the mess, and asked us about our experience. We told him we won't be back any time soon. Apparently the lovely French GM has been replaced, the head chef was off (on a Friday???), and other issues, like new waiter who didn't know what he was doing. They did try to make it up by not charging for the lamb, and free dessert, but it was entirely an unremarkable experience, and we won't be returning any time soon. With traffic so bad, why drive to have a mediocre meal with lousy service.

1 Thank Spirit2006
Tarek C, Assistant Director of Food and Beverage at The Cellar, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your constructive feedback.

I was disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your dining experience to the fullest and that we failed to meet your expectations on your recent visit.

I would like to discuss your experience in further detail please could you e-mail me at
tarek.cheneir@rotana.com

We do hope that we will be able to welcome you once again in the near future.

“New menu flopped”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I've visited this restaturant many times for lunch, as it is good value at QR89 for 3 courses. Normally the food is quite good, but on a recent visit I left very disappointed with their new menu. It took 50 minutes between arrival and our main courses (and it was not busy). In the W you would be in and out in that time. My beef medalions were overcooked and came with what I could only describe as a smear of sweet potato puree (no more than a spoon's worth). Not very balanced. The shrimp & lentil starter was unusual but quite good. My wife asked after the pasta of the day, and ordered it when it was described as spaghetti, chicken & a tomato sauce. Instead it came in a cream sauce and wasn't very good. My key lime pie was very poor (pastry too thick, no taste of lime & raw meringue), the chocolate orange was smaller than a kit-kat... really very disappointing as I've had decent food here in the past and it's a nice looking restaurant.

1 Thank Scott197
Tarek C, Assistant Director of Food and Beverage at The Cellar, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

We are disappointed to hear that your experience was not as we would like it to be. We will definitely have a look at our food presentation and timeliness of service, as it seems that we fell short on your visit. This is not the quality that reflect our Restaurant. As without such a feedback that we can endeavor to continually improve our product and service.

I am however, sorry to hear that we fell short of your expectations and would value the opportunity to discuss further if you could contact me at tarek.cheneir@rotana.com

Thank you once again for your comments about our Cellar tapas and wine restaurant and looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Sincerely yours,

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“great food,great ambiance and great staff”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I have been to Cellar quite a few times and I ll be going there in my future visits to Doha. The place not only offers a wide selection of wines but also have great food with value for money(not to forget about their business lunch). The staff there is very friendly and professional. I was really impressed by the food,service and the staff on my every single visit. I would highly recommend Cellar to my friends.

Bhoopesh

• Visited March 2013
Tarek C, Assistant Director of Food and Beverage at The Cellar, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am very delighted to read your review! Thank you very much it’s our pleasure to have you in our restaurant especially for highlighting that you will recommend The Cellar to your friends. We are very proud that we met your expectations with regards to the staff service and great food value for money.

We do hope that we will be able to welcome you once again in the near future.

Fax: +974 44023300

Been to The Cellar? Share your experiences!