“Mr. Ken our server for the day”
Review of The Cellar

The Cellar
Ranked #13 of 907 Restaurants in Doha
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The elegant decor, finest selection of Mediterranean Tapas, wine tasting section, and the wide variety of fine wines along with its personalized service clearly speak of an exquisite dining experience and make the most unique place in town.
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Excellent server, informative on menu especially with people's choices of various ethinIc preferences. Value for money. Will recommend it to friends..!!!

1  Thank Tom L
Tarek H, Manager at The Cellar, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive review!

We really appreciate for taking time to write about your personalized experience with us.
Also, thank you for recognizing Ken's efforts to make your dining experience excellent.

Looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

While I can't speak for the other reviewers here, I can however unequicollay say two things. I've eaten in a 3 star Michelin restaurant and my best friend is a chef in a fine dinning restaurant in Canada and he would have been appalled at the level of service and food served here on my visit!

Abysmal! WTF!

The only redeeming quality was that it was a nice place. The music was innapropriate while the bathroom was clean.

The white wine was ice cold, but I didn't have the heart to tell the server to take it out of the ice after 30mins. Poor Anakena Sauv Blanc.

Give me low cost, but great food anytime. Please!

Entrees but no side dishes! Not even an option given!

From the get go, we ordered two entrees, were served some bread with tomatoes/olives on the side and no sooner was that placed on our table, did the entrees arrive.

Common sense is what is lacking here. The servers, while hard working, aren't properly trained. Heck, I was in Cuba last week the service I rec'd there was far and away superior and the cost were lower!

I've never been anywhere! and ordered an entree and it arrives with no side dish! Absolutely unacceptable, esp at this price. Exhorbitant cost. Note to staff/manager, if your charging me $20 for a tiny piece of slamon, at least have the decency of offering me rice on the side for 50 cents and not 25 riyahls! Staggeringly obscene gesture!

Don't get me started!

My friend ordered the cheese cake....we didn't finish it!

All told with a bottle of wine $100 US!

I wouldn't recommend this place to an enemy! My buddy and I will be talking about how not to serve a $100 meal. Not a reference by any means!

BRUTAL!

If this is fine cuisine in Doha, I'm staying and cooking at home.

1  Thank whileitravel
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Great Atmosphere! Great Wine! Great Food! Great Company!

Everything was obviously just 'GREAT!'. This non-conventional tapas restaurant really ticked all the boxes. I recommend the mini Angus beef burgers, crispy shrimps and roasted vegetables, but the whole menu is great and even though there is quite a few items to choose from the quality is fantastic.

All washed down with a nice bottle (or 2) of Chablis just makes for a perfect meal.

After Cellar head to Jazz Club just across the lobby for a night cap and listen to the fantastic band with a great mix of pop and jazz tunes.

1  Thank oscsmith
Tarek H, Manager at The Cellar, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Dear Guest,

Wow!!! That was an amazing review touching every single area Of The Cellar.

Thank you very much for you comments and for recommending our Angus beef burger, crispy shrimps and roasted vegetables. we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us.

Once again thank you so much!

Reviewed October 16, 2012

One of the best place to have a drink in Doha.
Classy, great ambiance, great staff......... And the list goes on.

Highly recommended for someone for anyone looking for a difference in Doha

1  Thank Mike B
pajullien, Manager at The Cellar, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review! We are very happy that you enjoyed your experience in our restaurant.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Definitely recommended to others but need to change the music. Change the music to suit the place. The service is very good. Shiniel is a great server and the food is excellent.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review!

We are happy to hear that your experience with us was positive. Especially the service that Shoniel provided to you was mentioned, which is always nice to when our colleague get acknowledged. With regard to the music, were looking for a type of music that will definitely fit the ambience of The Cellar.

We hope to see you soon again.

Fax: +974 44023300

Been to The Cellar? Share your experiences!