“Perfect!”

Movenpick Hotel Al Aziziyah Doha
Ranked #32 of 138 Hotels in Doha
Reviewed March 1, 2014

What can I say to describe this hotel ?

Staff wise:
One of the friendliest staff ever (is there a "too friendly" in a good way thing ?). Very friendly, helpful, efficient and friendly.

Children wise:
Kids Friendly hotel, I cannot stress this enough.

Room wise:
Very very very clean, well appointed and spacious. The amenities are great and well restocked.

Bathroom wise:
Again VERY clean, spacious and well appointed. Housekeeping kept everything replenished and well stocked through out the stay (some five star hotels could learn a thing or to from these guys).

House keeping:
Called house keeping three times and in all three times they took less than a minute to get what we needed. It was like they were just outside the door waiting for my call.

Food wise:
The breakfast was a so so, good variety and decent quality. I know it is hard to achieve a great breakfast buffet so this is not a down side.

Angora restaurant was a hit! we had a lovely dinner there and if we had more time we would eat there again. (don't get the vine leaves thu they are not that good!) The grilled meats are good and the atmosphere is great!

Blue restaurant was not that bad, outdoor terrace was stunning and food is good. However, it was very crowded and waiters tend to be forgetful (can't really blame them with all that crowd) but waiting 15+ minutes for coffee tends to get on your nerves. They had a kids room with a little bouncy castle and other stuff in which cater more for older children than young ones (Think 5+ years kids).

Location:
the hotel sits at the Aspire zone in doha with green fields everywhere. Shopping malls are near and within walking distance if you feel like walking under blistering sun!. Other Attractions are within a short car drive.

what else, did i mention they have friendly staff ?

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank ftaw

Reviewed February 19, 2014

My family have enjoyed so much. The place is so clean on a green and quiet environment. All staff are so accommodating and hospitable. We love the room with classic touch of a Victorian setting. A sumptuous breakfast from Flavours. When it happens you and your family are in Doha, I suggest you to stay in Grand Heritage, it is worth an experience. Two thumbs up...

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Rendavflor
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I still enjoy very much returning to Grand Heritage Doha, where they value their loyal guests and treat you over your expectation. The culinary experience at Blue and Agora restaurants is always amazing. They now both offer a very nice terrace. Agora has added a lot of new dishes to its menu. I saw a good improvement on the buffet breakfast at Flavours with more selection and rotation. Victoria tea lounge is very cosy and offers the best ever Moroccan tea and high tea. The room service menu could be changed from time to time.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed December 26, 2013

"Blue offers indoor dining in modern and contemporary surroundings, and for more casual dining, a spacious lounge terrace area with spectacular views across Aspire field. Wherever you choose to dine you can enjoy an array of delicious dishes prepared by a host of chefs from around the world."
Open daily from 12.30pm to 12.00am with family brunches being served on Fridays from 12.30pm to 04.00pm.

The Blue Restaurant is located on the first floor.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 16, 2013

If you think that you can only experience a real Victorian stay just in England you are mistaken. If the exterior is like a Victorian Castle, the interior is like Home. With its distinguishable style and personalized service the G H wins the hearts of its guests –a good reason to return. I can now remember the very first time I came here how its design and architecture stimulated my senses and then, the moment I stepped inside and experienced its exceptional hospitality it instantly won me. If I was let free to write about this specific hotel without a word limit I could have filled pages!

STAFF: It is an unbeatable team starting from the Concierge, Front desk, Housekeeping, Restaurants’ staff, SPA, and Management. I never felt elsewhere the need to hug and kiss members of the staff but this time I did it although I knew that there are strict laws prohibiting even touching the other’s hand. The people behind this business are a bunch of professionals whose aim is to meet the expectations of the demanding guest. What you have to do? Just rely on them ….do nothing else. You will instantly feel this unique personalized service yourselves.

LOCATION: It is by the Aspire Zone and the glamorous Villaggio Shopping Mall. Airport transfers are available upon request. The location is ideal for business travelers as well. The Qatar National Convention Centre and Qatar Foundation are within short proximity. Personally I prefer staying here away from the noisy City Centre especially now with all the construction that goes on and the heavy traffic jams with all those diversion signs that pop out of nowhere and indicate a compulsory change in route.

ARRIVAL: We had wet towels to refresh and a welcoming drink upon arrival while our luggage was carried up on the suite. Checking in, was quick and professional.

INTERIOR: Chic and classy characteristics with a glamorous style and a classic touch of luxury. The whole structure is decorated with attention to detail. The positive energy of the interior is reflected all over assuring memorable stays.

ROOM: I felt as if we were back home. The Double Victorian Suite #350 has it all. The unbelievable huge terrace overlooks the Sports’ Complex and is right above the Blue restaurant. I believe that the terrace with this superb view is the highlight of this suite. You can watch the players practicing from the room but if you get to the terrace, especially when lights are on you have a feeling that you are in front of a huge screen watching a sport’s event. You have to experience it to understand what I mean.

Spacious and colourful the interior matches well with the rest of the features of the suite, however the plush velvet red curtains add an extra touch of glamour and style, while the soft lights create a romantic atmosphere. The huge King Size bed, soft and inviting had all kinds of pillows in different colours and shapes and was dominating the room on one side overlooking the huge decorative fireplace on the other. The suite was partly carpeted and centrally there was a sofa parting well with the rotunda and was decorated with a freshly colourful flower-arrangement basket and silverware pots.

FACILITIES: Wireless Internet is complementary. There is a safe, a 40 inch flat IP TV and a mini fridge, while the Nespresso coffee machine adds to the quality of room service. Most hotels provide coffee/tea facilities with just an electric teapot.

An iron/iron board was missing but seconds after I called the housekeeping Archie who happens to be the supervisor, discreet and attentive as always showed up with one and asked me to keep it through my stay if I wished. Ellie brought us the first complimentary welcoming treat -a platter of exotic fruit, and a box of dainty morsel but each afternoon there was something else brought in. With these people around, their loyalty, happy mood and impeccable service, we truly felt like VIP guests. Exactly, the personalized service the hotel prides of, -something hard to find elsewhere nowadays!

BATHROOM: The bathroom is the gem of the suite. Luxurious, bright and elegant with impressive features, with a separate walk in shower room (rainfall style shower) a separate bath tub with gold-plated bathroom fixtures. Luxurious terry bathrobes and towels of fine quality that were bright white, thick with a pleasant smell of freshness. I wonder what more could one want! Toiletries are different this time but they are just as nice as the previous brand. British product –the White Company London.

SPA: I consider the renovated SPA the jewel of the hotel and another reason to pride upon. Since the hotel is a destination for many international and famous sports teams, it provides a fitness centre which features Techno-gym cardio equipment. The services provided are genuine and personalized from expertize professionals. One such is Nina whose massage sessions cannot easily be forgotten. Rocky the other expert, polite and discreet like always offered to show me around and I was amazed with the new look of the Spa. I loved the new renovated indoor pool and during my stay I was hanging out there a lot.

Guests can enjoy complimentary the Jacuzzi, steam rooms and saunas which are separate for gentlemen & ladies. Six treatment rooms fully equipped with massage and aroma therapy amenities to help guests relax and rejuvenate. Ask for the SPA promotions and special packages….they are quite affordable, or enroll as a member to enjoy more discounts and offers.

TIP: From the list of treatments I highly recommend the Tune Up massage (30 min. QR 300) which focuses specifically on the back, neck and shoulders. I had it this time and it was superb.
If however I had to choose between the Grand Signature Massage (60 min. QR 500) which I had last time and the Imperial Head Massage (30 minutes QR 300) I had now, I would certainly go for the Signature Massage.
The latter was ok but there were times when the pressure on the scalp was too much and kind of peculiar.

BREAKFAST: Guests and visitors get their breakfast each morning at Flavours. The restaurant stands out for its elegance and style. The menu includes an adequate variety of International and Arabic dishes -everything one can imagine. Because there are always athletes around, the hotel provides tailor-made nutrition plans to meet their needs and expectations. There are plenty of normal/healthy option counters on hot/cold dishes. Excellent quality, satisfying service and presentation.

TEA LOUNGE: Sangreeta the Director of Housekeeping joined us for a cup of tea the first night after dinner at this outstanding Victoria lounge which resembles an old English parlour. Nobody can resist coming here so we were back the next afternoon for our High Tea. It is an experience not to be missed. I loved the selection of sandwiches, the buns and scones and pastries were all a marvel. The cupcakes were yummy too.

GARDENS: During our last visit I totally missed the gardens but not this time. As I was exercising each day out at the running pavement of the Aspire Park I would come to the gardens when my session was over. The gardens have something special and mysterious that travelled me, and this I loved.

RESTAURANTS: I comment on all three restaurants of the hotel separately but I guess I can write a few things about them out here too. What I can assure you is that all restaurants are ready and able to cater for every discerning palate and offer a wide range of dining options.

FLAVOURS: Classic and elegant interior –buffet option with International cuisine. It is open for breakfast but then again at 12:30pm -3:30pm for lunch. Dinner starts at 07:00pm till 11:00pm. As from 1st December till the end of the month guests can try Traditional Indian dishes presented in a contemporary twist so if you love Indian food why not try it?

AGORA: Simply the best in Doha! It justly ranks #1on the charts. It is highlighted as a Turkish restaurant influenced by Balkan cookery but I find that it has touches of the Mediterranean cuisine as well. I have always been fond of Turkish cuisine but I have never ever tasted a similar combination. If you have not as yet tried the cuisine of Agora I urge you to do it. As for the interior….well it cannot easily be described. You better see for yourselves!

BLUE: Another favourite of mine where I have dined several times. Don’t miss the maki and sushi platter. You can start with these and continue with a tenderloin steak depending on the night and moment. There are Theme Nights and Brunches. You can also have a variety of International dishes in a market style buffet. Meat dishes or seafood are prepared instantly through the cooking stations. It is open daily from 12:30 pm and remains open till midnight. If you cannot decide, ask for Victor the Japanese Chef who will advise you accordingly.

THINGS TO DO AROUND: The Aspire Park is a huge oasis very close to the hotel and it includes running tracks, large open green spaces, an internal lake, restaurants and cafes. All these are ideal to combine perfect holidays, sports and leisure.

VILLAGIO: The beautiful Mall is just a 10 minute walk from the hotel and offers the best in entertainment and international retail brands, including themed retail areas, cinemas, signature restaurants, even an ice rink! A unique concept of Venetian shopping experience complete with gondolas and balcony interior settings.

CONCLUSSION: I cannot think of a single fault of the G H that failed to impress. The hotel manager and members of the management were highly visible, active members of the team which demonstrates an honest dedication to quality and service.

So, if you want to pamper yourselves and experience all what I describe above, then this is the right place to be. I cannot speak highly enough of this hotel and the people running it. I find it flawless in every way.
A BIG “Thank you” goes to the Entire Team who contributed in making our stay a memorable one.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank greekcypriot2009
Grand_Heritage_Doha, Manager at Movenpick Hotel Al Aziziyah Doha, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your feedback further to your stay at Grand Heritage Doha Hotel and Spa.

Guest satisfaction is our paramount concern, and our Team is delighted to learn that you have enjoyed the experience.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

EAM

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Although the hotel was a bit far from town, but it was walking distance to the main shopping center in Doha - the Villagio. Not much issue on the service - excellent.

For those healthy freak, behind the hotel there's a running pavement that you can do your 10,000 meters running - night and day - depending on the weather. The hotel indoor swimming pool also good for workout during hot doha summer.

The breakfast spread was good, but you get almost the same thing everyday. If you had to stay here for more than 20 days (like i did) you do not have any other choice as there's no restaurant or stall nearby this hotel open early in the morning.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Grand_Heritage_Doha, Manager at Movenpick Hotel Al Aziziyah Doha, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

We have noted your comments regarding the variety and rotation of breakfast menu at Flavours. Please be assured that our Culinary Team has been informed and will make the necessary changes.

Once again, thank you for your constructive comments.
We really hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Executive Assistant Manager

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Despite of alcohol restriction( dry hotel) I never missed it because of a tea room with many rare teas served with excellence. Housekeeping is perfect, F&B is one of the best in Doha. Enjoy your stay.

• Stayed: November 2013
Grand_Heritage_Doha, Manager at Movenpick Hotel Al Aziziyah Doha, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

EAM