“Perfect Business Hotel”

Ranked #12 of 134 Hotels in Doha
Atlanta
“Perfect Business Hotel”
Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

Great location near new airport. Excellent gym. Great lobby for meetings, high atrium. Full breakfast buffet. Rooms Coen and new with good electrical outlets. Very nice pool and wide variety of restaurants.

Stayed June 2014
OryxRotana, General Manager at Oryx Rotana Doha, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting this review and sharing your feedback regarding your recent experience at the Oryx Rotana.

I am very glad to know that the level of our services and facilities exceeded your expectations, giving you an enjoyable stay all throughout.

Fax: +974 44023300

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Phuket, Thailand
Reviewed June 23, 2014

just a short simple review, everything is just perfect for my 2 nights stay here at Oryx, room was up to standard, services was excellent. They even have free wifi for you on the shuttle bus, even though it was only 15 minutes ride from airport.

Only one thing that i found a bit strange that they charged you for wifi...To me, it should be free

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Daer Guest,

Thank you for the wonderful review, we were so happy to hear about your fantastic experience at the hotel.

Doha
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Overpriced! I was paying $1600 HKD (QAR 760) per night and I didn't have breakfast and Internet access.

I stayed for 47 days and I couldn't even have a late check out (My flight was scheduled at 0100 in the morning), I was so outrage that I bought a ticket and left a day early!

I will definitely NOT recommend this hotel to my colleague

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

OryxRotana, General Manager at Oryx Rotana Doha, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Oryx Rotana and we are very glad to have been your home away from fome for more than a month.

However, it is with much regret to know about the unpleasant experience that you have encountered during the last day of your stay in which we humbly apologize for the inconvenience caused. Due to the hotel running on full occupancy during the day of your check out, we were not able to extend the late check out as your have requested.

We sincerely hope that this experience have not marred your overall impression of Oryx Rotana Doha.

Myself and the entire team will be pleased to welcome you back to Oryx Rotana, meanwhile, please do let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed June 21, 2014

If your connection in Doha is more than 8 hours Qatar Air will put you up at the oryx Rotana near the airport. Go to the transfer desk for a voucher. If you are flying biz or first you will be taken via black sedan and don't have to wait for the shuttle bus. Go to the first class arrival lounge to wait for your driver. Already you may notice the Qatari operate on a different level than as if you're headed for a Motel 6. Enjoy the lounge, go upstairs and take advantage of the row upon row of food or cross the sky ridge to the business center and sit at the latest Mac to check email.
When your driver comes they'll tell you. The drive takes about 10 minutes because the entire city is building in anticipation of the World Cup - which doesn't arrive for donkey's years.
Upon entering the hotel you'll notice it's filled with white orchids, lovely bamboo globe light fixtures and serene music is playing. They will give you a 100 riyal voucher to be used in the restaurants or room service. The breakfasts all cost 130 riyals but I suspect you can order ala carte. I choose to sleep. The beds are king, the robes are cotton and the TV is a flat screen.

Room Tip: Ask for an outward facing room. Half overlook the interior
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank JanetMcE

Reviewed June 16, 2014

I've stayed at this hotel several times over the years. Its very clean and I'd say the best in the area. Food is amazing and the staff are always polite. As it was paid for by my company I can't really say how good it is re value for money but I love staying here.

• Stayed November 2013
OryxRotana, General Manager at Oryx Rotana Doha, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your exeperience at the Oryx Rotana.

Knysna, South Africa
Reviewed June 16, 2014

I would certainly recommend anyone doing an overnight stopover at this hotel as it is perfectly srt up to cater for both business and leisure travelers. I was particularly impressed by the reception staff and the flexibility of the lobby coffee shop staff.

However, since the opening of the new airport the hotel is 20 mins from the airport rather than next door to the old airport. So it was a bit of a shock when we headed out from the new airport onto a main highway to town. Now that. We know we will factor in the extra time. It's a small quibble as the cost of the chauffeur driven hotel car is reasonable and avoids hanging around for the every half hour shuttle.

Two small irritations, For a hotel of this class I was surprised that they still charged for wifi access. Although to be fair the excellent reception clerk gave us 24 hours free as we had pre-paid a non-refundable night for the next day and Qatar then changed the frequency of their flights to Capetown and we ended up having to re-book our flights on different days resulting our having to pay for a second night a day earlier at the Oryx Rotana.

The other problem was the noise levels in the room late into the evening which was surprising considering the hotel must have been designed and built next to the old airport on the premise that there would be a fair number of people, like us, doing an overnight stopovers to catch and early morning flight. In our case leaving the hotel at 5am. I have stayed in several hotels around the world that also have full height central atriums but I have never experienced the noise levels that came through our fifth floor bedroom windows.

Nevertheless, I would certainly stay at the hotel again as everything else was first class and my only caveat would be to try and get quieter room

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BSB-KNYSNA
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for the time and effort you have taken to share with us your experience at the Oryx Rotana. I'm glad to know that you enjoyed your stay despite of some inconviniences that you have experience in which I truly apologize.

We value your comments as these enable us to maintain the high standards of service expected from us.

Thank you once again for your kind words and recommendation and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Nice hotel so close to the airport, nice amenities, room size is good. OK its expensive compared to the other nearby hotels but you cant fault the Rotana brand. Stay here and be assured of an excellent stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
OryxRotana, General Manager at Oryx Rotana Doha, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
Dear Guest