“Temptations to stay more !”
Review of Oryx Rotana Doha

Oryx Rotana Doha
Ranked #11 of 137 Hotels in Doha
Reviewed April 15, 2014

This is the first time I stayed at a Rotana Group of Hotels. My usual stay is always at Moven Pick in Doha, this was something that my office colleague prasised a lot of this hotel as it was very close the airport.

Indeed heaven and could rate this hotel as one of the top in Qatar, it has a rich and classic look for eite group of people and provide that excellent service. The quality is unbeaten and for the amount that we pay we cannot ask for more.

The rooms are quite spacious and very very neat and properly maintained. The accessories in the bathroom was from some famous designer (forgot the name). My stay was in Nov'2013 for 6 5 nights.

Having praised about the hotel and being a quality ISO auditor myself, encounter some issues that was highlighted to Mr. Lucca Medda - Executive Assistant Manager and Mr. Rachid Aouzal -
Director of Front Office, who comunciated with me over the phone and also through email on the concerns that was raised by me in regards to some issues that I was not very happy.

It was at the check-in counter, things went very well but to my surprise there were few bell boys and other hotel attendants, no one came forward to assist and help to show me the way to the lift or my bag (normally I avoid taking any porter assistance for my luggage as I do it myself). The attendants were watching it and did not bother to come and speak. I had to go and ask one of them to guide me the lift area.

It was at the breakfast restaurant, a similar situation was noticed where guest would try and find a place and were not able to know where to sit as there was this person who takes the room no and leave it for the guest to find his or her own way and take care a table. I experineced this myslef and saw a japanese lady also lost in the crowd and did not know what to do and where to sit. I am mentioning this purposely as it gave me an impresssion that the attendants and staff only wanted to serve and assist some know nationality and few elite person, rest were left for their own deemed destination.

Third thing that I experienced is that i got my sunny side up egg in a plate with a fly on it, when I called the attendant that the plate came with this fly, he was surprise and asked me whether this happen just now, I gave him a stern look and was very upset that morning as if I am telling a lie. He goes with a promise to return with a new portion of same sunny side up eggs, to my surprise i did not get the portion for next 1/2 hr and I finished my breakfast and walked to him and asked hime what happened, to my second surprise he is asking me did i not get it? I had been watching him throughout he passed by everytime and had sufficient time for some previlege nationality and forgot the others.

I reported this incident at the reception while checking out, who was really sad to hear this and asked me to fill in the feedback form, which I did and thus I had calls coming immediately from Mr. Lucca Medda - Executive Assistant Manager and Mr. Rachid Aouzal -
Director of Front Office.

I got an apology email and also a promise to upgrade to my room when I visiting them again, which I am going to do by next month.

Overall this hotel has its class but looks the class have gone to some peoples head within the staff and keep a lesser look at the same guest who also pays the equal amount of money to stay.

I hope things have improved and Mr. Lucca Medda - Executive Assistant Manager and Mr. Rachid Aouzal - Director of Front Office have taken steps to see that these findings are not repeated.

Room Tip: All rooms are quite good and spacious, choice could be limited as every room wil have its own charm...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
OryxRotana, General Manager at Oryx Rotana Doha, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2014

Dear Guest,

We personally thank you for sharing your experience at the Oryx Rotana as well as our apologies for the inconvinience on some issues which you have experienced during your stay.

We carefully noted all your comments and shared with the concerned team. Rest assured that these comments will guide us to become more focused on any short falls and improve our service and facilitites.

Once again, we do appreciate your valuable input and thank you for helping us to identify areas of improvement.

We certainly look forward to welcome you once again.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Superb experience, pickup / drop at Airport , good stay, food, service and excellent place to be in. Good service right from the hotel counter at the airport till you are dropped back to the airport. I liked the food options (Indian options were available at breakfast).

Room Tip: With a city view.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing with us your experience during your recent visit at the Oryx Rotana.

I am glad to know that the level of our service and facilities has given you an enjoyable stay all throughout.

We look forward to welcome you once again whenever you are in town.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

this hotel very close to the airport is perfect for one over night stand in Qatar or even when you stay longer. the room are modern and nice, as well as very clean. wifi high speed internet is given in all parts of the hotel. the best: even in the shuttle bus you have internet.
this hotel is also close to the industrial area, or at least you can avoid the huge traffic of Qatar when you stay there.

Room Tip: is not recommended to have the pool side room's due to the location close to the airport
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
OryxRotana, General Manager at Oryx Rotana Doha, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience during your recent stay at the Oryx Rotana. I'm very glad to know that our services and facilities has made your stay comfortable.

We look forward to welcome you back whenerver you are in town.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

Accessible from the airport. Very clean hotel... nice food nice music to enjoy.
The moment you enter u r treated by the friendly staff.
Smile is the key word.
Fast check in formalities. Explanation of what is included in your room package.
As soon as u enter u see spic n span room... With all the amenities.
The staff even helps u to check out the nearby attractions
Overall nice experience. . Worth the money

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank PriyankaK1
OryxRotana, General Manager at Oryx Rotana Doha, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the overwhelming review which you experienced during your stay at the Oryx Rotana. It will always be our pleasure to serve our guest like you the utmost care and best attention.

Rest assured that we will not let these wonderful compliments come to pass without being conveyed to my team and I would like to take this opportunity to thank you once again for your kind words.

Please do let us know when you plan to visit us again as we are looking forward to welcome you back!

Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

We loved the place, the staff and everything. We arrived very early in the morning and they allowed us to check in for that day.

The only down side, it's far from the city center, so you can not really talk a walk around the area. But the best place for passengers who have long transit.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the overwhelming review which you experienced during your stay at the Hotel. It will always be our pleasure to serve our guest like your family the utmost care and best attention.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

Four nights in March. Quiet and comfortable room. Little airport noise. Good amenities. Well stocked minibar. Excellent bathroom with choice of showers.

Reasonably priced hotel cars. Attentive staff. A bit pushy over upgrades, however.

Comprehensive breakfast with buffet and good service. Evening buffets were themed and almost too much. Two soups to choose from (always splendid), large array of arabic starters. Grill and at least 8 choices for main courses. Wine and beer can be part of the package if desired. Friendly service from Arun and colleagues. Book for Thursday's seafood night. Lobster was delicious, although some guests got carried away by putting a large number on their plates. Shame.

I've stayed 3 times and I have no complaints.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed March 26, 2014

Stayed here for 1 night. Extremely convenient for the airport, especially if you have a very early flight to catch. Hotel offers a free shuttle service which was even available to us at 4.00 am. Our room was clean, large and comfortable. Reception was friendly and helpful. Hotel has a good selection of restaurants for dinner. Very short taxi journey to the corniche and souq areas. The hotel took the time to contact us after we left to ask if we had left something in our room. Would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank PIGGOTTS
OryxRotana, General Manager at Oryx Rotana Doha, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014