“Poor Service”
Review of Oryx Rotana Doha

Oryx Rotana Doha
Ranked #12 of 136 Hotels in Doha
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My Pregnant Wife, 5 year old daughter and I stayed here for a short transfer whilst in Doha. Although the hotel looked very nice the object of our stay was for a short rest whilst connecting so time was important and sadly we were left standing at the hotels desk at the Airport rather arkwardly for 30 mins awaiting our transfer the concierge advised that the driver was having his breakfast due to Ramadan, however as soon as a business class traveller appeared the coach was waiting outside, the same happened later in the morning on our transfer back to the Airport the transfers leave every 30mins so we were there 5-10 mins early and borded the coach when the driver advised that he was waiting for 1 more guest who eventually arrived at 12.15 this annoyed more further as we were expected to wait for 20 mins for him as he couldnt arrive at the correct time. This seemed to be the case also with the Airline Qatar in order to receive good service you need to pay a premium.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank craig c
OryxRotana, General Manager at Oryx Rotana Doha, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to to share your experience duting your stay at the Oryx Rotana.

It is with much regret to know about the unpleasant experience that you and your family have encountered during your stay. We humbly apologize for the inconvenience caused and rest assured that we have taken the necessary corrective measures to prevent similar recurrences in the future.

We sincerely hope that this experience have not marred your overall impression of Oryx Rotana and hoping to have another chance to welcome you back.

There are newer reviews for Oryx Rotana Doha

Reviewed July 21, 2013

I stayed there overnight only becouse of my flight connection,nice 5 star hotel minutes from the airport,they provide free bus shattle,clean hotel friendly stuff, many options of resturants..I just have 2 comments,the enterence of the night club is close to the lefts which I didnt liked espically with my kids and the 2nd comment taxis is not always available you have to wait for some time.i booked the hotel through booking.com and it was good rate for 5 star hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

We appreciate the time taken to provide some quality feedback during your stay at the Oryx Rotana that we can use to improve our services. We are very sorry to learn about your inconveniences with our services and facilities in the Hotel which did not meet your expectation.

Once again, we do appreciate your valuable input and thank you for helping us to identify areas of improvement.

We do hope that we will be able to welcome you once again in the near future.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

I found the hotel very modern with well appointed rooms. the bathrooms are spacious with good quality toiletries from L'Occitaine. The breakfast spread was good and the eggs were made exactly as per my orders. The Spanish Tapas restaurant 'Cellar' served good quality food - but they did not have the famous "Paella" on the menu. The Chinese restaurant 'Chizen' was excellent and their business lunch was good 'value for money' . To top it all - the hotel is located very close to the airport and I was happy that I did not get caught in the horrible traffic in Doha. I will definitely stay at the Oryx again.

Room Tip: The premium rooms on the 7 th floor are the best.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting this review and sharing your feedback regarding your recent experience at the Oryx Rotana.

I am very glad to know that the level of our services and facilities exceeded your expectations, giving you an enjoyable stay all throughout.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Oryx Rotana once again.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

very nice hotel.Friendly staff,good service.Pleasure atmosphere.I realy enjoed staying here.I'd reccomend it for bussines travellers! nice and clean in the rooms so comfortable compared to the class. Very good breakfast and lots. Super location, close to the airport and not far from the centre of the city. You can really relax - modern decor, a cozy, neutral colors, lighting - invite guests to relax after a busy day. I recommend the hotel with a clear conscience.

traveled on business

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your compassionate comments and recommendations. I am glad that you had a wonderful stay with us.

Feedback like this makes the entire Oryx Rotana’s team feel proud and great about the work we are doing.

We are pleased to know that you have chosen our hotel for your next visit to Doha and looking forward to welcome you again.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I stayed at the Oryx rotana for few days business trip and must say that this hotel gave me everything I needed and more, amazing service from reception and restaurant staff. Facilities are kept spotless and the rooms were extremely comfortable. Will definitely be recommending this hotel and will be staying here again for sure. Well done Oryx rotana

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear Gues,

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Oryx Rotana once again.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

My stay was very short though I felt very comfortable with the hotel stay..Staff behavior is good, friendly, helpful. Easy accessible to airport. The indoor decoration is top class..one can feel the royal richness while stepping inside. I would prefer to stay with Rotana again if I get a chance to visit Doha..Keep up the spirit Rotana staff and management.

Room Tip: If you are a smoker, please do ask them for smoking facility availability room. Do prefer nort facin...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the overwhelming review which you experienced during your stay at the Oryx Rotana. It will always be our pleasure to serve our guest like the utmost care and best attention.

Rest assured that we will not let these wonderful compliments come to pass without being conveyed to my team and I would like to take this opportunity to thank you once again for your kind words.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Stayed here twice in June-July 2013 and found the service exceptional. The rooms were very well equipped and comfortable. Shuttle to the airport 5 mins. Only down side the food was a bit overpriced but then a short taxi ride to anywhere else to eat not expensive.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience during your stay at the Oryx Rotana.

I'm glad to know that you enjoyed and we are looking forward to wecome you back on your next visit.