“Perfect stay for weary travelers.”
Review of Oryx Rotana Doha

Oryx Rotana Doha
Ranked #11 of 134 Hotels in Doha
michigan
“Perfect stay for weary travelers.”
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed in Qatar many times while on layover from flights but this was my first stay at the oryx. This modern and shiny new hotel is easy to get to... Free shuttle. Beautifully appointed and and staffed brilliantly. I had endless food choices and entertainment choices and my room was large clean and very well designed. I will certainly stay again on my next trip through Qatar

• Stayed April 2013
OryxRotana, General Manager at Oryx Rotana Doha, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your compassionate comments and recommendations. Feedback like this makes the entire Oryx Rotana’s team feel proud and great about the work we are doing.

We are pleased to know that you have chosen our hotel for your next visit to Doha and looking forward to welcome you again.

Fax: +974 44023300

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
berkshire
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Great hotel food excellent and rooms fantastic, next to the airport great view if you like watching planes
Bar prices very expensive
Dinner buffet excellent choice and worked out about £33
Only disappointment was not much to see if you walk around the area

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Oryx Rotana. I'm glad that you enjoyed our services and facilities.

We are looking forward to welcome you back on your next visit to Doha.

Dietikon, Switzerland
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I had to stay for two weeks in Doha for business and was located at the Oryx Rotana. All services provided were state of the art: friendly, professional, always helpful. If it was the people doing my room, if it was the room dining service, the business center, which I sometimes needed to do some printing for me, the restaurants or the guest services at the lobby, everybody was extremely pleasant and at the same time very efficient in resolving any problem I might have had. A great THANK YOU to the whole Oryx Rotana team!
Albert Hoffmann

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
OryxRotana, General Manager at Oryx Rotana Doha, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for the time and effort you have taken to share with us your experience at the Oryx Rotana. These comments enable us to maintain the high standards of service expected from us.

I am glad to know that you had a wonerful stay with us and looking forward to welcome you back in the future.

Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I was on course with Qatar airways for 2 months. The staff and management went out of their way to assist us with transport arrangements an any other requests we had. The amenities offered are excellent and well trained staff are there to assist you in any way possible. The theme evenings cater for all cuisine tastes. This hotel was awarded the best airport hotel in the middle east and one can see why. The turn down evening service is also unusual as a lot of establishments no longer offer this. All in all I had a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I am very delighted to read your review and would like to thank you for your compassionate comments.

Im glad to know that the level of our service and facilities exceeded your expectation giving you a wonderful stay for 2 months which has been your home away from home. Rest assured that your compliments will be shared to our team.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back Oryx Rotana in the future.

Panadura, Sri Lanka
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed in Oryx Rotana for the 2nd time and this is my 2nd review on it. It had been almost 2 years since my last visit and the hotel today still maintains the excellent standard it had. Hotel has not changed since then.

Location wise it's very close to airport having a free shuttle every 30 minutes up and down from airport. It's an excellent choice for any transit passenger.

Again visited the Jazz Club and I would say it was a wonderful atmosphere with awesome music. It was a Sunday but had half filled. I was there till 1.30 a.m. with a friend of mine and they played live music almost till 1 am.

Rooms were very nice, spacious and neat. Had all I wanted as a business traveler such as iron board, shoe polish, table. I never had the need to call for room service. We ate out of hotel as we were always on tight schedule, so I cannot comment on food this time round. Comfy beds and good air conditioning for a good sleep. Bathrooms are spacious and equipped with all latest accessories.

Only issue I noted was that free WiFi was not available even in lobby. WiFi was quite expensive having to pay 75 QAR per 24 hours which is bit too high coming to around 20$ a day.

Reception was always helpful and fast. Everyone equipped with a friendly smile and good attitude. Will be a definite choice for a 3rd time as well if I have to.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
OryxRotana, General Manager at Oryx Rotana Doha, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am very delighted to read your review once again knowing that you enjoyed the services and facilities of the hotel making your stay a comfortable one.

Thankyou for your feedback on internet charges which has been taken into consideration and will be studied thoroughly.

Once again, thank you for your kind words and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Oryx Rotana on your next visit to Doha.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We booked in for a couple of nights stay during school holidays to escape our Doha apartment, well it was so good we extended and didn't want to leave! The hotel is not a resort style hotel, more a business type but that did not matter. We enjoyed the poolside area and the pool, the gym is fantastic. The Cellar a great restaurant. Choices buffets delicious. The staff are superb, a great team from the check in, to the lifeguards, to the wait staff, to the cleaners, every interaction with staff was a pleasure. The suite room has a lounge and dining area and a seperate bedroom with a big bathroom and spa. The rooms are modern, clean and spacious with a big balcony. Their is a park next to the hotel, which in Doha is an oddity, so you can stretch your legs, or run the kids around if need be. Overall a great stay, we recommend a stay.

Room Tip: If travelling with children upgrade to the suite.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the overwhelming review which you experienced during your stay at the Hotel. I am very glad to know that you enjoyed our services and facilities.

It will always be our pleasure to serve our guest like your family the utmost care and best attention. Rest assured that we will not let these wonderful compliments come to pass without being conveyed to my team and I would like to take this opportunity to thank you once again for your kind words.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed April 14, 2013

It's hard to fault the Oryx Rotana. I have stayed there well over 100 nights in 2012/2013 due to business in Qatar. The rooms are spatious, the room service menu is good, the gym is good, and the food is excellent. The steak night on a Tuesday is particularly special.

• Stayed January 2013
OryxRotana, General Manager at Oryx Rotana Doha, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for posting this review and sharing your feedback regarding your experience at the Oryx Rotana as your home away from home.

I am very glad to know that the level of our services and facilities plus the Steak Night offered in our all day dining exceeded your expectations, giving you an enjoyable stay all throughout.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Oryx Rotana once again.