“Fantastic place to stay.”
Review of Oryx Rotana Doha

Oryx Rotana Doha
Ranked #14 of 138 Hotels in Doha
Reviewed March 11, 2013

An excellent place to stay. It is right at the airport and appears walkable but there is a shuttle service from/to the airport. Rooms are quite spacious. The staff extremely polite, courteous and helpful. The restaurants are quite nice and the food of high quality. We used the hotel’s car for attending a meeting and it was quite reasonable (taxis are a problem in Doha).

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
OryxRotana, General Manager at Oryx Rotana Doha, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting this review and sharing your feedback regarding your recent experience at the Oryx Rotana.

I am very glad to know that the level of our services and facilities exceeded your expectations, giving you an enjoyable stay all throughout.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Oryx Rotana once again.

Fax: +974 44023300

Write a ReviewReviews (2,426)

Reviewed March 9, 2013

We have just spent a month travelling in S.E Asia for our golden wedding anniversary.Due to circumstances the actual day of our anniversary was spent at the Oryx.The staff knew it was our anniversary because we mentioned it on an earlier visit a month ago and they had remembered it and from the minute we walked in the service we received was. Fantastic. It. Is perhaps wrong to pick out one person because everyone was great ,however the lovely Jaquline form Kenya couldn't do enough for us.The breakfast is excellent and whilst it is close to the airport we did not detect any noise.the whole hotel is light and feels very clean.We did have a drink in the Jazz bar which was quiet as it was early evening.On a previous visit we went at midnight and it was full of life which was good fun.We went to the Chinese resturant on the ground floor which though not part of the hotel was excellent and again we had very special treatment overal a realy great experience.This was our fourth visit to the hotel and we will always use it when passing through Qatar.

Room Tip: Whilst this is a stop over business hotel it is still very good for a couple of days R&R
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the overwhelming review which you experienced during your stay at the Oryx Rotana. It will always be our pleasure to serve our guest like you the utmost care and best attention.

Rest assured that we will not let these wonderful compliments come to pass without being conveyed to my team and I would like to take this opportunity to thank you once again for your kind words.

Please do let us know when you plan to visit us again as we are looking forward to welcome you back!

Reviewed March 8, 2013

This is a buisness hotel the rooms are quite nice but it is a little close to airport as you can hear the planes taking off. The food was normal in room service but the breakfast is the best I have ever had with a very good choice. The swimming pool was heated and clean. The view from the room was terrible and looked over what was like a scrap yard. There are better hotels in Qatar like The Intercontinental that has a beach. I would only reccomend this hotel for a few night as also it is quite noisy having a Jazz club and bar. I found the staff to be very helful.

Room Tip: take room not facing airport
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank stevecave

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for the time and effort you have taken to share with us your experience at the Oryx Rotana. These comments enable us to maintain the high standards of service expected from us. However, we are very sorry to learn about your inconveniences during your stay especially with the noise of the planes and the Jazz Club.

We hope to welcome you again on your next visit to Doha.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

I recently had an overnight stay in Doha and through trip advisor found the Oryx. The first thing I will say about the hotel is its located a short 5 minute ride( depending on traffic) from the airport. Its great for long connecting flights and you need a great place to crash. The hotel is billed as 5 star and by US standards I would say 4. Its like a W or Hyatt. Everything was very clean, I actually checked in at the airport kiosk which took about 5 minutes. I was given a room on an upper floor, 6, the hotel has 7 and I will say, the view was better at night. The hotel looks over a very large dirt car park/cricket field . However when it was dark out, you had a nice view of the new city in the distance. There are several restaurants and even a jazz lounge on premisses . Keep in mind this is a Muslim country and alcoholic beverages can be hard to come by. The hotel restaurant did offer beer and wine. Do try their Sunday brunch buffet, it was about $60 and worth every cent. This coming from a very finicky eater. The choices were too numerous to list.
Again, great hotel, lots to do terrific location for a quick layover in Doha.

Room Tip: Again, some rooms view a large dirt parking lot, a lower pool side room may offer better views.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

We home to welcome you back on your next visit to Doha.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Dear All,

Due to the Qatar Metro Tender, me and my colleagues from JV travel a lot to Doha.

Let me give an example how often I go to Doha. Just in February I went Doha 3 times which are 3 to 6 (for site visit of the additional works), 8 to 11 and 13 to 15 (to deliver the responses to clarifications). From the begining of this Tender I went To Doha more 14 times.

Each time i stayed at Oryx Rotana. At the begining it was just a hotel which i go to sleep.
But as time goes i started to learn the facilities of the Hotel.

First thing that i loved is valet parking which is free to Hotel Guests. You just give your car and employees standing out of the front gate take your car and when needed bring your car back.

After 3-4 times, i learned much better thing that i can park my car by myself to closed parking area which is under the hotel. You just need to read your room card to security gate.

This was much more easy to use because time to time, it takes a bit time to get your car.

You can dine in open buffet restaurant which name is Choices. There are some special theme days which you really love it (except Indian). For me fish night and mexican night are the best.

If you try to keep your weight same then you can go to Cellar and Chizen restaurants. Cellar is a tapas restaurant with great wines. Chizen is a chinese restaurant. As far east kitchen is not my first choice i just went there once, and ate duck which is pretty delicious.

Gym is enough to spent your energy and get rid of your stress.

Till now, you can find it everywhere in the world easily with spending a little more or less. For ex. sheraton, le chigalle, or hilton.

Which you can not find is, friendly, sincere and smiling employees. Even it is your first night or you just entered to have your meal they welcomed you as you are a premium hotel guest.

This is why their slogan or first thing that you hear from an employee is "welcome back to Oryx Rotana".

I dont know what you thing or agree or not, but to be welcomed with such a sincere way and see smiling faces take your daily stress and help you relax.

I hate Doha, and after working more than 13 hours and have ability to start a new day i have to be relaxed and get my energy back.

This can be realised with two way the one i mentioned up, and other is to enter Jazz club with friends. With a lovely music, to get rid of your stress will take 1 to 2 hour depending how many you drink also :)

I also want to give a simple example, i love to eat bluberry cheesecake at sky lounge restaurant in Oryx. Each time just after i entered to hotel, i go sky lounge and eat delicous bluberry cheesecake with tasty black tea. After third or fourth times every employee know that i eat bluberry cheesecake with black tea and just with eyetouch they bring my regular choice.

Another thing i want to share is, in my last stay i checked out from the hotel and went to airport to return my rental car and take my plain. Unfortunately after turning my rental car back, i continued to airport but Turkish Airlines did not start to give boardings.

As the departure is very close to Oryx Rotana, i turned back Oryx on foot. I charged my phone and checked my e-mail while drinking my tea. After 1 hour rest i go to guest service of Oryx to get a shuttle bus. But they did a really big favor and took me to airport by a very high class mercedes (limousine service) with out of charge. Even it is the way is short, it feels wonderful.

For me such things are very important and really appreciate.

If someone want me to summarize my feelings about Oryc Rotana with one word it will be "@Home".

Recently Oryx started a new evet that a really lovely pianist play every evening close to lobby.

Time to time listening, time to time watching her play is really relaxing and takes your mind far away to somewhere you never want to come back real world....

**Note: Ask a lamp for desk corner in the room as you entered Hotel. For me it is dark to read/write some business e-mails.

Regards

Sami Enis Arıoğlu

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your compassionate comments and recommendations. I am very delighted to read your review and glad that we have given you a home away from home whenever you are with us.

Feedback like this makes the entire Oryx Rotana’s team feel proud and great about the work we are doing. Rest assured that your compliments will be shared to our team.

It will always be a pleasure to welcome you whenever you are in Doha.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

This is just a few minutes away from the old airport in the hotel's frequent and free shuttle bus (not sure how close it will be to the new airport when it opens later in the year). Easy to get taxis (reliable, affordable) to and from the Museum of Islamic Art and the old quarter of Doha.

The hotel is clearly business-focussed, but much better than most airport hotels. There were helpful, knowledgeable front desk staff, good room, excellent breakfast buffet, including good range of Arabic dishes. The only disppointment was that we had hoped to eat local food for dinner but the restaurant was given over entirely to themed buffets (Italian on the night we stayed) and Arabic dishes were only available in the garden, which was very cold.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Imier

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review; I was sorry that we did not meet your expectations, with regards to the variety of Arabic dishes during Themed nights. Nevertheless, we appreciate the time taken to provide some quality feedback that we can use to improve our services.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to Doha.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

it was only for a night,but i was been extremely impressed about the custom care and the cleanliness in all the hotel parts.The quiet and confort in the room it was an high level that never i have found before.
For sure i can say that is the best hotel that i never seen

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the wonderful review, we were so happy to hear about your fantastic experience at Oryx Rotana. We appreciate the time taken to share your experience during your stay. and glad to know that you enjoyed our services and facilities.

Please let us know when you will be visiting again as we look forward to welcoming you back.