“great stop over hotel”
Review of Oryx Rotana Doha

Oryx Rotana Doha
Ranked #14 of 137 Hotels in Doha
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Staff are always friendly and helpful, the pool is warm in winter, so you can swim all year round even in the dark. Excellent location for airport and free shuttle. Lovely food with great choices. Large clean rooms with big shower (not over bath as is often the case). Most suited to business or stop overs.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
OryxRotana, General Manager at Oryx Rotana Doha, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting this review and sharing your feedback regarding your recent experience at the Oryx Rotana.

I am very glad to know that the level of our services and facilities exceeded your expectations, giving you an enjoyable stay all throughout.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

We took a party of 12 for Friday brunch at the Oryx Rotana on Feb 1st 2013. The range of foods on offer was as usual a good variety however the fresh shell fish was not as fresh as it should have been and the BBQ food tasted rubbery. However no ill effects so assume just bad preparation rather than bad ingredients.

The second part of the compliant relates to service at the table. There are just not enough staff to service the number of guests. On three separate occasions orders for drinks did not arrive and plates did not get cleared as regularly as needed. Management at the restaurant resolved each issue but fail to fix the real problem.

Both the food quality and service needs to improve before I would consider going back and paying full rate for the brunch.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience about our Friday Brunch on your recent visit with us. We have noted all your comments about quality of food and the service as you have mentioned and these has been carefully addressed to all concerned departments for necessary action.

I sincerely apologize for the inconvininece you may have experienced. Once again, we do appreciate your valuable input and thank you for helping us identify the areas of improvement.

We would be delighted if you can give the Oryx Rotana a second chance to rectify your impression about our food and services.

We do hope that we will be able to welcome you once again in the near future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of assistance.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

I was pleasantly welcomed at the hotel's information desk in the arrivals hall at Doha airport, and was guided to my shuttle bus arrangement.

All was in order upon check-in and the front desk recommended that I go to the Jazz Club that evening, which was an excellent recommendation, and deserves a great review of its own.

Staff are all friendly, and always helpful. Location is excellent if your business is in the airport area, or around it.

The food outlets are excellent. (1 Buffet style, 1 Chinese, 1 Spanish Tappas-wine bar, 1 Lounge, and the Jazz Club)

Good Gym facilities open 24x7...

Another excellent Rotana Hotel, well done.

Room Tip: The Higher Floors airport side (5 to 7) have a great view of the airport, if you are into watching p...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank LB1313
OryxRotana, General Manager at Oryx Rotana Doha, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Reviewed February 5, 2013

The hotel is very close to the airport which makes it very easy when you arrive and depart. The staf are welcoming and efficient and the room I had was clean an large. For business purposes if you have to travel to the other side of Doha be sure to leave plenty of time as the traffic is not great along the Corniche!

I ate in a couple of the restaurants and in each the food was very good and good value too.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not overlooking the airport as it is likely to be a little quieter.

Dear Guest

I am very delighted to read your review and to learn that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back Oryx Rotana in the future.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

I was recently at the Oryx Rotana for 2 nights. The complimentary shuttle was fantastic and as others have stated, the hotel is extremely close to the airport. The atmosphere in the lobby and throughout the hotel is lovely and tranquil. The room was a twin. It was comfortable, clean, but it faced in. Cool view but people in the hotel could see in. I didn't spend much time in the room so this didn't trouble me. The shower is enormous; the biggest I have ever seen in a hotel. The staff is friendly and accommodating. I would recommend the Tapas place in the hotel. It was moderately priced and the food was delicious. You can also have tea and sandwiches in the area off the lobby that is only divided from the lobby by seating and planters. The breakfast was probably my favorite part. There were so many diverse choices of food. I enjoyed my stay and wouldn't hesitate to return. My expectation was exceeded.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces out, if you will spend a lot of time in the room.
2  Thank Monroe1Monroe1

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for the time and effort you have taken to share with us your experience at the Oryx Rotana These comments enable us to maintain the high standards of service expected from us.

I am very glad to know that the level of our services and facilities exceeded your expectations giving you an enjoyable stay all throughout.

We are pleased to know that you have chosen our hotel for your next visit to Doha and looking forward to welcome you again

Reviewed February 1, 2013

This was my first time staying at the Oryx Rotana and I had a wonderful stay.

Location: Can't beat the proximity to the airport, very convenient! Just 5 minutes from the Doha Airport.

Customer Service: Great! I was staying at the Oryx Rotana for business. I was instructed after leaving immigration and customs in the airport to go to the Oryx Rotana desk to call for the hotel shuttle. At the desk, I was greeted by a very friendly Oryx Rotana employee who directed me to an already waiting hotel shuttle. As soon as I boarded the shuttle bus, I was taken to the hotel.

During check-in I was informed that the style of room that I had originally requested was no longer available so the front desk clerk upgraded me to better room at the same rate. I was very impressed by this gesture. My room was on the 7th floor with a wonderful view and quite spacious.

During check-out as I was getting ready to get on the shuttle bus to return me to the airport, a driver of one of the hotel "premium" cars offered to take me to the airport instead of the shuttle since he was on his way to pick up a hotel guests at no extra cost. Again, I was impressed by this gesture and it was a great way to conclude my stay at the Oryx Rotana.

Fitness Center: Nice, modern machines with a helpful staff.

Food: Great breakfast buffet. Nice selection and quality of food. My only complaint during my stay was the Thursday night seafood dinner buffet. The dinner began by some of the silverware being dirty. Then, for what one pays for the seafood dinner buffet my colleagues and I did not think the selection and quality of the food was worth the price. We just did not find that much to eat and what we did eat was bland. My two colleagues and I were not impressed with the Thursday night seafood dinner buffet.

Overall: I really enjoyed my stay at the Oryx Rotana and I will definitely stay there again if my travels take me to back to Doha.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Oryx Rotana has a very convenient location - just 5 minutes from Doha Airport. The hotel is beautiful and well maintained. Staff is very freindly. The breakfast buffet spread is amazing.
The rooms are big with neat stuff. Internet connection is good, which is important for business travellers.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floor have excellent view. Rooms facing the east are better
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
OryxRotana, General Manager at Oryx Rotana Doha, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013