“Great Front office”

Ranked #9 of 131 Hotels in Doha
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Great Front office”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

very happy with the effiency of check in - check out process.
great front officeteam...
F&B departments needs some improvement
jazz club was very good though
good one night stay hotel in doha
5 minutes from airport and 20 from west bay (DT of Doha)

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank FoodConcepts
OryxRotana, General Manager at Oryx Rotana Doha, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review and I am glad to know that you enjoyed our services and facilities giving you memorable stay.

I appreciate your comment for the F & B that needs improvement as feedback like this help us improve our our products and services.

We hope to welcome you back on your next visit to Doha.

Fax: +974 44023300

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

GOOD NEWS, the hotel is just a stone's throw away from Doha International Airport. NOT SO GOOD NEWS is, you can hear the airplanes as they lauch up to the sky. however, bearable. maybe because i sleep not soundly.

hotel room size is adequate and cute. i just wish the TV is a bit bigger. i enjoyed the bed most. i loved each and every thread count. comfy. =)

i liked the gym area. huge and energizing mood especially the terrace part of that. pool size is adequate too. with lots of sun bed by the pool.

the buffet breakfast is awesome! wide variety of sumptious mediterranean food. the only thing is, i got to be blinded by the sun as the roof is a transparent glass. could have been an opaque or transluscent kind of materials used. so blinding, especially if you are relaxing at the lobby. sorry about that.

the most horrendous thing about my stay the KARWA TAXI. eventhough there is a taxi meter, they will not use it. instead, they will ask you how much you would like to pay from hotel to certain area where you want to go. and if you oppose, they will tell you straight away to leave the taxi. HOW AWFUL IS THAT??? so tourist, be careful if you are riding KARWA TAXIs in DOHA. you have to see whether the meter is open or not. and most of all, demand for a receipt.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for the time and effort you have taken to share with us your experience at the Oryx Rotana. These comments enable us to maintain the high standards of service expected from us.

Though it is beyond our control, we are very sorry to learn about your inconveniences with regards to Karwa taxi.

We hope to welcome you back on your next visit to Doha.

Solrød
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

I’ve stayed at Oryx between 6-8 times and I must say the product is very good. This is the only airport hotel I enjoy returning to. Plenty of good restaurants onsite, Cellar and the new Chinese are both good.
Hotel limo is very expensive, but you can ask for a local taxi.

1 Thank SorenJ_12
Dear Guest,

Thank you for being our loyal guest in the Hotel. I am very pleased to know that you always choose Oryx Rotana to be your second home away from home.

We wil always be glad to welcome you in your future visist to Doha.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

Easy to book with a flexible cancelation policy. Exchange rate converter helpful. Upgrades also offered. Quick confirmation and a printable booking confirmation that you DO need as you come into customs. IF you book privately with the hotel and not through the airline then on entry to the terminal (not transfer/transit terminal) go directly to the customs desk. They want to see the evidence. They give you a visa (100QAR or £17 and have to pay by card) Then clear customs, go to the Oryx Rotana desk in the main waiting area. They organise a free bus to the hotel. They will also arrange your room key and arrival so there is no need to book in at reception on arrival at the hotel. The bus was quick and a 15 min journey there and a 5 minute journey from the hotel to the departures when you leave. Great room, go for the rooms on the higher floors as they have a great view. The proximity to the airport far out weighs the little noise of the aircraft! Not an issue at all. Great choise of restaurants, I chose the Chinese...best food for weeks and great value and service! Easy check out. A great experience and I will definatly use this hotel again. Modern, clean and sophisticated. Perfect.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms away form the 5 quick lifts or you hear the lift bells all night! Ask for rooms higher...
2 Thank Tarquin H
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience your recent staty at the Oryx Rotana. I am glad that the level of our services and facilities exceeded your expectation.

We are pleased to know that you have chosen our hotel for your next visit to Doha and looking forward to welcome you again.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

I stayed at this hotel on two occasions in September 2012 for one night each.

On both occasions I came away thinking "that was a great experience"

The hotel itself is very close to the airport so aircraft noise is present but I never found it intrusive. The proximity to the airport of course can be a great advantage especially with the Doha traffic.

The hotel is very impressive, modern spacious and light. The check in was a real joy with efficient, intelligent, polite staff.

The rooms are very good and very well appointed, some of the best you will find in this segment.

In the foyer there is a Spanish style Tapas bar, excellent food and a really good selection of beverages, but book early it gets full !
The Chinese Restaurant is also very very good with great food and great staff.
The Jazz club has to be experienced ! I will let you decide what you make of it ;-)

breakfast is the typical buffet. No complaints but "a buffet is a buffet is a buffet" as they say, once you have seen one you have seen all but the worst. This one is up there with the very best though.

There is also a coffee lounge in the foyer which is quite nice and again made better by good staff.

All in all a great business hotel and this is my hotel of choice in Doha from now on. Highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the overwhelming review and the recommendations. I am glad to know that you had a wonderful stay at the Oryyx Rotana. It will always be our pleasure to serve our guest the utmost care and best attention.

Rest assured that we will not let these wonderful compliments come to pass without being conveyed to my team and I would like to take this opportunity to thank you once again for your kind words.

Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

Very good airport hotel. New, modern facilities and large rooms. Good service. Convenient airport shuttle every 15 min until 7 am, every 30 min after that. Ride is 5 minutes.

The only disappointment was an average breakfast and surprisingly bad coffee – no filter coffee served like you would find virtually in every full service hotel, just a machine that makes this awful liquid. If this is important for you then you may want to consider an alternative.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience at the Oryx Rotana and to learn that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. .

I also would like to thank you for your feedback regarding the breakfast and coffee as these would help us improve our F & B quality.

We hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Wallington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

Possibly big words perhaps but having anticipated a night on a recliner in the airport lounge to be first told by the airline on arrival in Doha they had a transit room for my 12 hour layover was good news in itself. My experience of such arrangements elsewhere is however variable, at times good but never on a level comparable to this.
From the moment the hotel car stopped (under 10 minutes from the airport) and the seamless check in process began it was evident that this was indeed a very well-run establishment. A charming and attentive lady explained what my airline voucher entitled me to while also engaging in polite small talk while a colleague served a couple of shots of Arabic coffee.
From check in one passes into the atrium; a vast space in which guests can be indulged with many luxuries. The first floor restaurant is the largest of several and partly overlooks this area. On the night I was here (a Thursday) there was an all you can eat seafood themed buffet of high quality with a selection of freshly grilled, Japanese a Thai style delights to name but three of the bewildering array of offerings. How I wished I had not taken a meal on my first flight.
Outside on a terrace a good size pool which proved popular with many guests long after dark; I was not quite clear when it shut as I did not take a dip myself.
The most important feature for most guests and almost certainly the transit passenger is the bedroom and the facilities here were more than ample for my needs providing both my practical and comfort needs. A large and comfortable bed , comfortable seating, space for working, good quality flat screen TV, bath robe, an indulgent selection of toiletries, substantial walk in shower, phone within reach of the loo and so the list goes on. If I had a criticism the view - if one is lucky of the runway - is not so great but you cannot expect more from the location.
I got a good 6 hours of sleep without disturbance despite the buzz that existed in communal areas. I was called for my early hours flight not by an automated light but by a human – they called again 30 minutes later when I was due to be downstairs. I was offered and declined both breakfast in my room and help with by baggage and completed check out in seconds with the words ‘we hope to see you again soon sir’. I can only hope so too; it is hard to imagine a more comfortable option for the transit passenger – I managed to put in 6 hours work when I reached my destination.

Room Tip: Just be sure to specify if you want a non smoking room - this is a part of the world where many do w...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I am very delightd to read your review and I thank you for taking time to share your experience with Oryx Rotana. It will always be our pride and joy to be of service to all our guest by giving them the comfortability and memorable stay even if its a short one.

You comments were shared to our team and very grateful by your kind words.

Thank you and we hope to welcome you back.