“Amayzing Hotel for business”
Review of Oryx Rotana Doha

Oryx Rotana Doha
Ranked #12 of 136 Hotels in Doha
Reviewed January 12, 2012

Very nice building just after the airport gate. The room is equipped with every thing you need. Supersonic Internet speed 20+MB/s (wifi and wired).

Amayzing sky lounge. Nice artitecht every where.

Free airport drop and collect every 30mins

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank Abuhnida
There are newer reviews for Oryx Rotana Doha

Reviewed January 12, 2012

wonderful room wonderful linens great mattress very tasteful appointed hotel
Certainly a worthwhile stopover on the way to anywhere
very nice reception clerks only spent 5 hours and restaurants were closed but jazz bar jumping. I prefered to opt for bed... really a good idea

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
OryxRotana, General Manager at Oryx Rotana Doha, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the overwhelming review which you experienced during your stay at the Oryx Rotana. It will always be our pleasure to serve our guest like you the utmost care and best attention.

I amd elighted to welcome you back so please let me know when you plan to visit us again.

Reviewed January 11, 2012

We stayed at the Oryx Rotana on our way with Qatar Airways from Nairobi to Oslo. We had just enough time for a great chinese meal at one of the hotels restaurants, and a good nights sleep. Clean, spacious and modern rooms - allthough aircon felt a bit cold coming from warm and non-conditioned Africa. Would be happy to stay here again, even for a longer trip to Qatar. Big plus for short distance from airport, and we couldn't hear planes from our room. Free shuttle from arrival terminal, no trouble with check-in or check-out - even though they reserve an amount for eventualities when checking in.

Note one thing: It seemed to me that if you book through Qatar Airways when you want to stay the night for a transfer flight, you don't have to pay the visa-fee at the border. I booked myself, and had to pay the 20 USD or so to get visa.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for posting this review and sharing your feedback regarding your recent experience at the Oryx Rotana.

I am very glad to know that the level of our services and facilities exceeded your expectations, giving you an enjoyable stay all throughout.

I am hoping to welcome you back when you plan to visit Doha again.

Reviewed January 10, 2012

Its a great place to stay for business, if you can sleep through the noise of air planes landing and taking off. the service and staff are cordial as always and the overall hotel is busy and buzzing with action. try our the new chinese restaurant or the jazz lounge. I found the prices at the Chinese to be quiet reasonable along with the Drinks.
Its in the centre of the city, so super location wise
Gym is very good, so i had a good workout before i started my working day.
they do not have a CRM, the new attendant at the Lobby asked me if I had visited the Hotel before.
Anyways he more than made it up with his smiley face.

Room Tip: try and stay on the side facing the city and not the airport
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank NStar M

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience during your stay at Oryx Rotana. I am delighted to know that our services and facilities still at your satisfaction.

I am looking forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed January 10, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 7 days during January and I enjoyed every minute of it. Everyone in the hotel is super friendly and helpful. We could use the spa for free which was nice after a long day, they also provided us with guided tours to explore the city. A downside might be that it is a little outside the city center (located next to the airport) but taxi's are really cheap so that shouldn't put anyone off. During the day it could get a little chilly by the pool due to wind, but the water was heated so that was nice. There are also 5 restaurants that serve excellent food and there is also good room service! And for breakfast there is a buffet where you can eat anything you can imagine. All in all this is a wonderful hotel that I can definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Ask a non-smoking room because the Middle-East still allows smoking everywhere. There are rooms that...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
OryxRotana, General Manager at Oryx Rotana Doha, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for the wonderful review, we were so happy to hear about your fantastic experience at the hotel. It is also our pleasure to know that our level of services and facilities exceeded your expectation.

we will always be glad to welcome you again so pleat let us know when you plan to visit us again.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed January 10, 2012

This was a great hotel to stay at for my short stay in DOH. Staff, amenities and F&B were outstanding and I would highly recommend The Orux Rohana Doha.

• Stayed: April 2011

Dear Guest,

i am delightful to know that you had a nice stay with us same as enjoying the services and facilities. we appreciate very much your recommendation.

Please do let me know when you plan to visit us again as we will always be glad to welcome you back.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed January 8, 2012

Dear Sir,

I would like to take this opportunity and thank you for all the professional service you have provided us; from room reservation for one night to the unique New Year's Eve.
It was a nice new experience.
I highly appreciate your proficient support and your continuous follow up.
I am glad to say that you have a group of high qualified employees.

Finally, I would like to pass my greeting to all Rotana Team.
May this year be full of joy & happiness.
Wishing you the best of luck.

Best Regards,

Bilal El Kari
Manager Director

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Bilalkari
OryxRotana, General Manager at Oryx Rotana Doha, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2012

Dear mr. El Kari,

It is my pleasure on behalf of my team to give you the unique experience that you enjoyed during your stay with us. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed the level of our services and facilities. Please let me know when you plan to visit us again as we are always glad to welcome you.

On behalf of Oryx Rotana family, we wish you back a happy new year!