“Lovely hotel for the business traveller that's close to the airport but lacks personality and atmosphere”
Review of Oryx Rotana Doha

Oryx Rotana Doha
Ranked #11 of 137 Hotels in Doha
Reviewed October 29, 2011

I have used this hotel twice and its clean, crisp and modern with a lovely restaurant up stairs where they cook openly and offer a seriously good buffet. The tapas cellar bar is intimate and tasty big portions but the jazz bar needs a decent band and more people to create any kind of atmosphe other than feeling like a Bankok pick up joint! I booked a package that included a massage each day but the reception were unable to book it for me on any day. There are too many managment staff in the lobby and it feels a lot like your being harassed a little after the 4th "is everything ok mam" also hotel taxi is really expensive.

• Stayed: March 2011
OryxRotana, General Manager at Oryx Rotana Doha, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking time to post your experience with us. i am glad to know that you enjoyed our F & B outlets. However, i would like to apoligize for the incovinience that you had with regards to the schedule of massage.

I am looking forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed October 22, 2011

I have stayed in this hotel only 1 night. Experience was good. Hotel is very new, clean, rooms are big, beds comfortable, service is good, food is tasty. It's very close to airport.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
OryxRotana, General Manager at Oryx Rotana Doha, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to give us your feedback. I am glad to know that you had a pleasant stay with us and enjoyed our services and facilities.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to Doha for a longer stay.

Reviewed October 16, 2011

We picked the hotel for its convenience on a layover, but were surpised and delighted by the quality of linens, amenities, and food.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review. I am glad to know that you were elated by our hotel, food and services provided to you during your stay with us.

We will be glad to welcome you back so please let us know when you plan to visit us again as we are looking forward to that.

Reviewed October 13, 2011

Oryx Rotana is a very beautiful brand new hotel, few minutes away from Doha airport. This can be advantage if your business has something to do with airport or a business near by, however keep in mind that the most of Doha city is 30-45 minutes away.

Hotel is brand new, with beautiful sun-lit atrium and modern simple design that gives hotel nice fresh open feeling.

Breakfast buffet was so abundant we felt spoilt for choice! Similarly huge spread was at the main buffet restaurant Choices where we had the dinner - it was steak night and we thoughouly enjoy it and thought it was a very good value.

All in all- very nice (albeit short) experience in Oryx Rotana!

• Stayed: February 2011

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to know that you had a wonderful time during your stay with us and you enjoyed much our Choices. Thank you for your feed back and I hope that you'll have time again to visit us and try more of our F & B outlets as I am sure you will be more elated of our food and services.

Please let us know when you plan to visit us as we will be happy to welcome you back.

Reviewed October 10, 2011

I only stayed for one night in a conextion between flights but I could see how good this hotel is. Quite close to the airport and easyly connected to downtown by a wide avenue.

Nice choice!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback. i am glad to know that you stayed your short stay with us and I am hoping that you could visit us again for a longer stay sometime soon.

Reviewed October 6, 2011

This was my second stay at the Oryx Rotana in Doha. The staff is exceptionally helpful and genuinely care about the visitors. It is a very close shuttle ride to the airport that leaves from the hotel every fifteen minutes for no extra charge. First trip I was able to enjoy the seafood buffet and it was exceptional. Only ate breakfast this time but it was tasty. I had appointments where clients picked me up but since it was located so well it was simple to find. The cost of the room through pre booking was about half of what it would be if you walked in and wanted a room. Very comfortable and clean throughout. My only negative was the extra fee for Internet use. It wasn't unreasonable but it just seems in this day and age that Internet access would be part of the room fee.
Highly recommended especially for business travelers.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
OryxRotana, General Manager at Oryx Rotana Doha, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your sharing your wonderful experience with us. I am glad to know that you had a pleasant stay and enjoyed much of our services and facilities.

Your comments are well appreciated as these helps us in improving our services. Nevertheless, I sincerely apologize for the inconvinience it may have caused you during your stay.

Please let us kknow when you plan to visit us again as we are looking forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed October 5, 2011

Over the years, I think I've stayed in most of the Doha hotels. And for some unknown reason, I've never experienced the Oryx.

This is a good hotel and frankly, leading the pack. It's well run, immaculately kept and offers really comfortable and spacious rooms. The gym is excellent and the 1st floor restaurant serves superb breakfasts and themed evening dinners. The Cellar and Jazz club are also great places.

It's difficult to find fault but if I had to - the rooms lack a chest of drawers (but a ridiculously large hanging wardrobe) and the internet connectivity is a little tiresome with constant re-connection sign-on sillyness (please sort Rotana - it's v boring!). Oh, and the in-house limo service is offensively expensive.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback and I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us same as with the food and beverage that each of our outlet offers.

I am very grateful for your comments as these gives us the chance to improve more our services and expand the wonderful services that we offer. However, please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience this has caused you and your comments have been addressed to all concerned departments.

We are looking forward to seeing you again, so please let us know when you will visit us again so we can give you another pleasant stay!

Fax: +974 44023300

Nevertheless, we thank you for your constructive feedback as this helps us improve our services and facilities to avoid occurrence of the same in the future.