“No service & far from the real world!”
Review of Oryx Rotana Doha

Oryx Rotana Doha
Ranked #14 of 138 Hotels in Doha
Reviewed September 19, 2011

I went to Doha for a weekend to visit a friend, she recommended the hotel. I would never stay there again. The service was terrible, the check in time was way to long. Only the concierge the tiny guy was great! He deserves more then that! Then we had business lunch, the guys were more busy with themselves and chatting then us, not a recommendation. The jazz bar is okay, the girl named rose is good. The employees at the front desk have way to much arrogantcy. It is a pity. I never go there again

• Stayed: August 2011
OryxRotana, General Manager at Oryx Rotana Doha, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2011

Dear Guest,

I truly appreciate your valuable feedback concerning the quality of services you received during your last visit to our Hotel, please accept my sincere apologies and thank you for taking the time to bring this issue to our attention.

It was with great concerns to hear about the unfortunate situation you have faced. Each and every team member is dedicated to providing Rotana’s service excellence, however it seems that we have fallen a bit short of our usual high standards, I realize that clearly there can be no justifiable excuse for the inconvenience caused on that particular occasion. Please rest assured that these issues have been carefully addressed with the concerned colleagues to avoid recurrences in the future.

It is only through feedback from our valued guests like yours that we are able to continually monitor and upgrade the quality of our services. We realize, that your current image of our hotel’s services might be a bit ‘tainted’ by this incident but sincerely hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with our usual quality of service standards.

We are looking forward to welcoming you soon in our hotel and visit again our food & beverage outlets. In the meantime if I can be of any assistance; please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the nos. provided below.

Besr Regards,

Fax: +974 44023300

Write a ReviewReviews (2,439)

Reviewed September 15, 2011

Located next to the airport this hotel is extremely convenient for short stays. Traffic in Doha can be slow and this hotel will save you some time.

The hotel is only two years old and the rooms are very nice in a modern decor. I have seen many of the hotels in Doha and this hotel has the best interior.

The restaurant is famous for its good food, in fact you have to book a table in advance, even for lunch.

The prices are easily half of what the other good hotels in Doha are. The only downside I can think of is that it is not by the beach, so this hotel might not be the best for family holidays.

• Stayed: April 2011

Dear Guest

I truly appreciate your valuable feedback concerning your last visit to our Hotel and I am glad to know that you enjoyed the services and facilites as well as our food & beverage.

Please let us know when you plan to visit us again as the whole team will surely be glad to welcome you back.

Reviewed September 14, 2011

We stayed here twice with our twins aged 2 when my husband wason business in Doha and had a lovely time.
We had connecting rooms which were spacious and very comfortable, the first stay was on Easter Bank Holiday weekend which was lovely and the staff made a real fuss of the children and again a month later and the staff were wonderful and remembered us as soon as we returned and checked into the hotel which was a lovely touch.

The food in the hotel is lovely and they even made special pasta for the children aswell as having a sperate childrens menu which was good.

The pool facilities are lovely and the life guard is wonderful and friendly, however on the first stay there were mats round the pool to stop you slipping and saving you from very hot feet on the second stay these had gone and as the weather was very hot little feet were getting burnt when the got out the pool.

The garden area was lovely and the kids had a nice time playing outside and also in the reception area of the hotel where the water dispalys are.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone as it was very clean and very comfortable, we had a lovely stay here.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

I thank you for the overwhelming review which you experienced during your stay at the Hotel. It will always be our pleasure to serve our guest like your family the utmost care and best attention. I and the rest of the team are very happy to knnow that you had a pleasant stay with us.

Please let us know when you plan to visit us again and we will make sure to give the most enjoyable stay again for your whole family.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

The hotel is excellent, though it is a little far away from the downtown area. It is located very close to the airport but it has very nice rooms, well-furnished and excellent staff. The noise from the airport will hardly trouble you however.

The rooms have much welcome natural lighting in the morning. Very nice outdoor pool is open till 10:00am which is great for those who enjoy a night swim.

The meeting rooms here are also well-equipped and comfortable

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
OryxRotana, General Manager at Oryx Rotana Doha, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us. It is our pleasure to give you the best service and I am glad to know that you had a pleasant stay and enjoyed much of our facilites.

Please let us know when you plan to visit us again as we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed September 7, 2011

ITs outside the airport almost. The plane noise does not disturb thought..:) Good service. I like the fact that they recall me on the reception by face. Shaima -- I think is the name of the Young Lady. Thank you
Very nice rooms. Gym is super. Pool is average. I don't like the fact, that the guests in the main breakfast lobby can look while we take a plunge in the pool.
The people are very helpful in the Gym & pool area.
f&B, the break fast is very good. The hotel is new, nice and clean. The plants and landscaping caught my eye. Very nice for business stays.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind feedback. I am glad to know about your fantastic experience at the hotel. I have also passed your comments on to the team and they are delighted to hear you recognize their efforts.

It is our pleasure to take care of our repeated guest and we will be looking forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed September 4, 2011

I've stayed a number of times here during Spring / Summer 2011, and once in Autumn 2010.

The hotel is excellently located close to the airport (but no airport noise) and a fairly short taxi drive from downtown Doha.

The quality of the rooms, service and food is of a high standard. The buffet restaurant has themed cuisine each evening - the steak night and curry night are particularly recommended.

Now about 12 months since it opened, the hotel has noticebly become busier and is expanding its offer (eg there was no retail offer last year, but a reasonably sized shop is now available to guests).

It is clear that the hotel is keen to ensure a high quality experience for its guests, and is proactively and genuinely seeking detailed customer feedback and, just as importantly, acting on comments received.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank GJC50
OryxRotana, General Manager at Oryx Rotana Doha, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your fantastic review. I am glad that you appreciate the improvement that our hotel now has to offer and achieved over the year. I am also delighted that you find our food & beverage of high standard same as with the quality of our rooms and services. We are looking forward to welcome you back.

Please let us know when you plan to visit us again and rest assured of our best attention and services at all times.

With best regards,

Reviewed August 19, 2011

I have stayed in Doha for two weeks during Ramadan in 2011 and I was very pleased with level of services provided.
Staff was very friendly a helpful and always trying to provide as much as they could.
There was spa and wellness facility in the hotel, I have visited gym and massage, both were perfect.
Internet connection was good, however you have to pay for internet.
Buffet breakfast and dinners were very good.
Room service – twice a day, complimentary fresh water provided.

David K.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
OryxRotana, General Manager at Oryx Rotana Doha, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review and for finding our hotel the almost perfect one. I am glad to know that our facilities and services exceeded your expectation and gave you a pleasant stay.

Please let us know when you plan to visit as again as we are more than happy to welcome you back.

With best regards,