“A great place to stay”
Review of Oryx Rotana Doha

Oryx Rotana Doha
Ranked #14 of 137 Hotels in Doha
Reviewed June 26, 2011

As I travel on business frequently it is always nice to find a hotel that gets it right.From check-in to check-out it was a pleasure to stay in the Oryx.Housekeeping was superb and all of the staff I met had a friendly greeting and a smile to go with it! I loved the buffet each evening and my viists to the Cellar Bar were very pleasurable.I would certainly recommend this hotel to business colleagues and friends.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
OryxRotana, General Manager at Oryx Rotana Doha, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your kind feedback at the TripAdvisor.

I am glad to hear that you have an overall positive experience in our hotel from housekeeping is superb, staff are friendly and your visit at The Cellar was enjoyable.

Your recommendation of our property to other business travelers is truly appreciated and we hope that you will keep Oryx Rotana as your choice on your next trip.

Reviewed June 26, 2011

Good value for money.
Great location - next to the airport.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for sharing your feedback in our hotel here in TripAdvisor.

I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed and liked the Hotel.

Reviewed June 25, 2011

This new hotel is impressive. The decor, the rooms, the choice of food, the location is excellent for the airport and I really cant fault it, other than to say that I think it is a tad over priced for a longer stay and I find it really off putting to be asked 20 or more times a day if "everything is ok" and I felt a little hounded by staff.
There are so many staff members and all polite and smart, but I didn't feel I was able to"chill out" under the ever watchful eye of the many cameras and staff everywhere.

The main restaurant food is lovely and the Tapas Bar offers really great food! TheJazz Bar is fun, although the band were a little cheesy and it lacked atmosphere most nights and I wished it was open later.

I would stay here again and although 2 nights is enough for me, you should try it IF YOU GET A GOOD DEAL!

I booked an offer that gave me Room, breakfast, evening meal and a half hour masage each day but I had problems when i got to the restaurant on the first night as they "were not aware of any such deal" I found this most embarrasing, especially when they left me standing like a lemon while other guests were being shown to their tables!
I never got the massage because they were fully booked at the times I wanted.

Room Tip: Make sure you email the hotel directly
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank SerenityIsMine
OryxRotana, General Manager at Oryx Rotana Doha, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting this review and sharing your feedback regarding your recent experience at the Oryx Rotana Hotel Doha.

We have noted your comments with regards to the staff issues and the knowledge of the staff regarding the special promotion for that I sincerely apologize. We thank you for your feedback as this helps us to improve our services and facilities.

We very much look forward to having you with us again in the not-too-distant future and please do not hesitate to contact me on your next visit to Doha.

With best regards,

Reviewed June 19, 2011

This was the second time I have stayed at this hotel on business and it won't be the last. The rooms are very comfortable and well appointed, the bathrooms have huge walk in showers so no water on the floor! The staff are friendly and attentive without being intrusive - just the right mix.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
OryxRotana, General Manager at Oryx Rotana Doha, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2011

Dear Guest,

I am very glad to know that the level of our services and facilities exceeded your expectations, giving you an enjoyable stay all throughout.

We very much look forward to having you with us again in the not-too-distant future.

With best regards,

Reviewed June 15, 2011

Excellent hotel! I stayed for 5 days and I have to admit this is one of the best hotel in Middle East! The people are SMILING!! From reception to the last maid! Excellent buffet launch and dinner with different themes. And don't forget the Jazz Club and the Vine Cellar. A little expensive but it worth.

Room Tip: You should ask for last levels ( 6th or 7th ).
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
OryxRotana, General Manager at Oryx Rotana Doha, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2011

Dear Guest,

Allow me to thank you for posting your wonderful compliments about Oryx Rotana here on TripAdvisor.

Your positive feedback has been shared with the members of my team and it will be a great pleasure to welcome you back in the nearest future.

Reviewed June 15, 2011

Dubious, that is I am dubious about the number of 5 star ratings this place has received by people that have only ever made 1 contribution to Trip Advisor. Some of whom claim to have stayed in lots of hotels. Considering that the hotel is owned by the same people who own Qatar Airways and a lot of their staff stay here you have to smell a rat.
Anyway my experience was that it was like many other 5 star hotels and did not stand out above them. The service was excellent, as it should be. Broadband fees are a rip off. The fire alarm going off at 1am is not funny and I note that another reviewer had the same issue. What concerned me was the total lack of communication from the staff when people assembled and the way that people meandered back into the hotel without any explanation from staff or instruction to do so - shambolic safety plans.
This was followed up at 5am by the TV coming on automatically and refusing to be switched off as the messaging system tried to tell you that they apologised for the fire alarm going off. A complaint at checkout was met with 'Sorry nobody else seems to have had that problem' When I asked the assembled throng if they had the same problem they all had. Somewhat exposed the staff as liars.
If you can find a local taxi, get it. It will be half the price as the tame hotel taxi. Food and meals in the hotel are extremely expensive. Breakfast is ridiculous. Alcohol is silly money, £8 for a beer. But then again there is only one organisation allowed to import alcohol in the country and guess who that is owned by.
If you like a soulless environment and the smell of aviation fuel on the terrace you are going to love this. It is an edifice of glass and concrete kept cool by consuming copious amounts of energy in the middle of a dust bowl.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
OryxRotana, General Manager at Oryx Rotana Doha, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting this review and sharing your feedback regarding your recent experience at the Oryx Rotana Hotel.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience that was caused to you during your stay. We greatly appreciate your constructive feedback, which enables us to monitor the application of our service standards at this stage, we unfortunately cannot undo the unpleasant service you encountered but rest assured that corrective and preventive measures have been taken to avoid similar recurrences.

I hope that this experience will not deter you from using our hotel in the near future and I look forward to seeing you again at the Oryx Rotana – Doha and assure you of our best attention and service at all times.

Sincerely yours ,

Reviewed June 15, 2011

i have been stay at oryx rotana is very nice hotel still new one i have been to sky loung very nice staff there but i have some comment about jazz club if you wanna vist this place frist when you have to bay be sour how much you bay becouse the waiter there he will try to get more monny from you and if you have some thing wrong dont till the manger there becouse thy will never do any thing for you

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor.

Your valuable feedback will make us aware on the actual guests’ experience, which will definitely allow us to improve the quality of our services and ensure total guest satisfaction.

Once again, thank you very much and we look forward to welcoming you back to Oryx Rotana Doha in the near future.