“Basic Service !!”

Ranked #16 of 135 Hotels in Doha
Sydney, Australia
“Basic Service !!”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Nice building and good location in the heart of Doha commercial center , attached to the biggest shopping mall in the city so you don't need to go far for your shopping
the furniture looks good but obviously commercial and not the best quality
is ok hotel comparing to their prices.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank prtravel101
Renaissance D, Manager at Marriott Marquis City Center Doha Hotel, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear prtravel101

Thank you for taking the time to write a kind review of your stay at the Marriott Executive Apartments Doha City Center.

I am happy to hear that you appreciated our location and direct connection to the City Center mall. We aim to provide the highest standards of service throughout our hotel, and are continuously striving to exceed the expectations of our valued guests.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back at the Marriott Executive Apartments Doha City Center.

Hotel Manager, Marriott Executive Apartments Doha City Center

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed March 29, 2014

We used the renaissance hotel for meeting and lunch. It is one of two twin towers with the Courtyard which is also part of the Marriott chain. Both connected at the 2nd floor level with the City Centre mall. Atmosphere somewhat old fashioned.

The meeting facilities were adequate and the service was good. We forgot to not book a spider phone, but when needed, it was delivered prompty and worked well. The lunch buffet was outstanding.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Hermes_NL
Renaissance D, Manager at Marriott Marquis City Center Doha Hotel, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
Dear Hermes_NL,

Thank you for taking the time to write a kind review of your experience of the meeting services at the Renaissance Doha City Center Hotel.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our hotel’s meeting facilities and the lunch buffet. We aim to provide the highest standards of service throughout our hotel, and are continuously striving to exceed the expectations of our valued guests. I am happy to share your comments with all of our team members.

I look forward to welcoming you back at the Renaissance Doha City Center Hotel.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

For my first trip to Qatar, this was a great choice! The hotel has 5 restaurants, a sports bar, and a club and is connected to a large mall in the heart of the West End of Doha. The hotel was spotless and the staff was wonderful, recognizing me by name anytime I walked through the lobby.

I had a large corner room on an upper floor with a great view of the new skyline and the Persian Gulf. The gym was very well equipped and never crowded, and the pool deck was beautiful, with an olympic size pool and two hot tubs.

The destinations desk worked hard and set me up with two tours; one to the desert to go Dunes Bashing (awesome!) and another day trip to the northern part of the state to see the sights and Qatar's history.

If you are working in the West End, this is the place to stay! I am looking forward to my next trip to Doha and my next visit to the Renaissance Doha City Center.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Dpr17,

Thank you recommending the Renaissance Doha City Center Hotel and for taking the time to write an appreciative review of your stay.

I am delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your first visit to Qatar as well as the friendliness of our staff, the room views and our state-of-the-art health club.We aim to provide the highest standards of service throughout our hotel, and are continuously striving to exceed the expectations of our valued guests.

I am happy to share your comments with all of our team members and look forward to welcoming you back at the Renaissance Doha City Center Hotel upon your next visit to Doha.

England
Reviewed March 27, 2014

My husband was already out in Doha working so I went over to stay with him for the weekend as we both wanted to see the opening Moto GP race at the Losail circuit. The hotel is enormous and so well kept and the staff are very polite and helpful.

The hotel is about a 15/20 minute drive from the airport and 30 mins from the race circuit. Taxis are in abundance here and never had any problems with them. We did treat ourselves to an upgrade on one occasion and booked a hotel car. The hotel is attached to the large shopping mall and it has it's only special entrance/exit.

Our room was on the 30th floor looking out to sea and across Doha. Floor to ceiling windows with a superking bed, desk, wardrobe, mini bar, tv, tea and coffee facilities and bottled water replenished each day. Our bathroom was spacious with a seperate bath and shower, sink, bidet and toilet. The room was very clean and comfortable. I used the pool area once and thoroughly enjoyed my two hours of sunshine! the pool towels are supplied and there are plenty of sunbeds and large loungers to use. There is also a small childrens pool and jacuzzi outside. Again, this area was very well kept.

We ate in Champions on our first night and the portions are of a very good size! It wasn't all that expensive, in fact the beer my husband had cost almost as much as a meal! You are allowed to smoke in here so it was like taking a step back in time where people were allowed to smoke over here in the bars and restaurants. It's air conditioned and the atmosphere is lively and relaxed and we had a lovely evening.

The breakfast was a super array of local and continental food. I had vegetable curry as my cooked breakfast and it was divine! I had pastries and coffee too. They also had a selection of smoothies to choose from which were delicious. Omelettes were on offer as were cheeses and cured meats. I'm sure even the fussiest of eaters could find something to eat here!

My husband also ate in the Steakhouse at the hotel which he though was ok but overpriced.

Although I was only there for two nights I would recommend it to anyone. My husband has stayed in more expensive hotels in Doha but loves this one because of the facilities and location.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear dirtyhumans,

Thank you for recommending the Renaissance Doha City Center Hotel and for taking the time to write an appreciative review of your stay.

I am delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed our hotel services especially our expansive and comfortable rooms, the breakfast buffet spread at Crossroads Kitchen and our recreational facilities and were willing to share that with the TripAdvisor community. We aim to provide the highest standards of service throughout our hotel, and are continuously striving to exceed the expectations of our valued guests.

I am happy to share your comments with all of our team members and look forward to welcoming you back to the Renaissance Doha City Center Hotel soon.

Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Renaissance for 5 nights and the hotel was excellent. It is ideally located in the centre of Doha, connected to the fabulous City Centre shopping centre and other centres are close by. Other areas are equally accessible, the hotel can arrange cars or taxis. In addition for those interested in seeing the sights, the Doha Bus stops at City Centre Mall and is a good way of getting around. Rooms are spacious and clean. However what raised this hotel for me was the staff, they were exceptional...friendly, informative and helpful.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear MattyB1973

Thank you for taking the time to write a kind review of your stay at the Renaissance Doha City Center Hotel.
I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and the easy access to the city. We aim to provide the highest standards of service throughout our hotel, and are continuously striving to exceed the expectations of our valued guests.

Sittard, The Netherlands
Reviewed March 25, 2014

The 2nd stay in this hotel revealed that it has not improved. It lost a bit of its gloss. Very good as a result of the following facts:
- Many good to very good restaurants (Ipenama, Cucina, New York Steak, lunch restaurant).
- Bar that stays open and serves alcohol.
- City Center shopping mall is directly accessible from the hotel.
- Supportive staff
- Excellent 35 meter swimming pool
- Excellent gym
- Many good restaurants

not so good:
- lobby not cosy
- wifi provider lost every time when leaving the room
- airport pick-up with Passat instead of A8, but on the positive side no payment requested
- despite the fact that the room was a "club room" at higher (41) level, there was only 1 chair (for my wife and me). I own a Silver Elite card,
- the room was not very spacious. Corner rooms are better!
- a king size bed was reserved and confirmed but upon arrival: 2 beds!
- bathroom ok though shower space is small
- breakfast in the club lounge was mediocre. Coffee machine broken. View was great from the club lounge (42F) though window were very dirty; Making quality photos not possible from this excellent viewpoint.
- the dark wall panels make the interior somber/outdated.

Room Tip: Best rooms are corner rooms at higher levels, preferably club corner rooms. Insist on bed choice!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear HarmSittard,

Thank you for taking the time to write a comprehensive review of your stay at the Renaissance Doha City Center Hotel. Your feedback helps us to continuously assess and enhance our services.

I am delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed our wide range of restaurants and lounges along with our recreational facilities. We aim to provide the highest standards of service throughout our hotel, and are continuously striving to exceed the expectations of our valued guests.

I have shared your feedback with our Executive Committee to discuss with the team for improvement. Please do feel free to contact me personally to discuss further at sam.vancampenhout@renaissancehotels.com.

I hope to have the privilege of welcoming you back to our hotel.

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Accommodation is comfortable and luxurious, but the over all hospitality can be improved. Food is good, but options are limited.Excellent part is its proximity from the major attractions in Doha. A decent place to spend a great time in the city.

Room Tip: Don't go for corner rooms. Too small from inside.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Sharad5191,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of your recent visit to the Renaissance Doha City Center Hotel.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Renaissance Doha City Center Hotel.